2020 Census and Redistricting Thread: Minnesota (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:05:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2020 Census and Redistricting Thread: Minnesota (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Census and Redistricting Thread: Minnesota  (Read 40235 times)
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« on: January 24, 2021, 03:43:55 PM »

Since we're showing off Minnesota's I made a 6/2 dem map that's somewhat stable. Could be a 4/4 at worst in a strong republican year. Trump did win the 1st narrowly but he's the only person to have one it in any of the data sets so I'm almost sure it snapped back in 2018 and 2020. The 2nd is also a little swingy, but stays fairly consistently for the democrats. In Disitrcts 1, 2, and 4 there was almost 10% of the vote going to third parties. Shift around the Minneapolis and St. Paul area and they could be made a lot safer, but could move others into being more vulnerable

• District 1 - Trump .4%
  • District 2 - Clinton 4.1%
  • District 3 - Clinton 12.4%
  • District 4 - Clinton 3.7%
  • District 5 - Clinton 25.5%
  • District 6 - Clinton 17.7%
  • District 7 - Clinton 26.3%
  • District 8 - Clinton 29.9%
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 06:21:26 PM »

I find it utterly hilarious how much of this thread is devoted to the idea of pairing Minneapolis and St Paul together...when that is never going to happen under any scenario.
Woke: pairing Minneapolis and ST Paul
Broke: pairing Minneapolis and Dulutch
Bespoke: pairing greater Minnesota with the twin cities

Bring back At-Large seats
 in democratic states with Republican enclaves
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2021, 10:56:04 PM »

League of Women Voters submitted a map to the Special Redistricting Panel appointed in advance by MN State Supreme Court.

https://www.lwvmn.org/league-news/2021/9/3/wattson-plaintiffs-release-proposed-minnesota-congressional-district-plan

Looks like a pretty bland least change map mostly.  I don't like how Carver is split with three districts.

Craig would lose Northfield, giving it to MN-1.

It looks fine but for the life of me I cannot fathom why Chaska was put into the 2nd
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2021, 04:38:06 PM »

Can anyone explain why no proposals have something like this for MN04? Seems like the area in North Dakota even has townships called West and South St Paul.  Obviously this slightly hurts Democrats as the townships in this area are more Dem than areas in Washington but it certainly seems like a decent district to draw just like one draws West Sacramento with Sacramento? Is the river that major of a dividing line? St paul itself actually crosses the river anyway. It seems like a decent dividing line although most maps now still have to cross the river in a serious way because MN02 can't go down south to take rural counties as MN01 has to grab those.

I guess at the very least one could call this a serious GOP proposal instead of the lol map from above.

Haven’t tried it myself, but taking those towns out of MN-2 would take a lot of shifting around the metro to work it out, or it’d make it a likely Republican seat when it really should be nothing less then lean D. You can make a decent enough democrat seat, but its honestly easier to just keep Dakota in tact and keep the fourth with it’s part of Washington
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies