Lazy Legislating in the South (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:45:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Lazy Legislating in the South (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lazy Legislating in the South  (Read 987 times)
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« on: May 16, 2020, 07:43:40 PM »
« edited: May 16, 2020, 08:17:35 PM by Fmr Dixieland Speaker Muad'dib »

x Muaddib
11th Speaker of the Chamber

There is also an Issue with the Referendum ballot not having the actual amendment that was passed by the Chamber. I will assume this was a cock up rather than enabling a power grab. Was there any notification of this referendum? I woke up this morning and discovered it, and saw that the text is just plain wrong.

Quote from: Amendment passed by the Chamber
Introducing a constitutional amendment:

Governor Terms Amendment
Article V, sections 5 and 6 of the Southern Constitution are amended to read as follows:

5. … the legislature can vote to elect a new governor. If the legislature fails to select a new governor within 14 days of the vacancy, the acting governor shall become governor for the remainder of the term and vacate their seat in the legislature. If the acting governor fails to open a vote to elect a new governor within 3 days of the vacancy, any member of the legislature may open a vote. ...

Section V.7 shall be redesignated V.6 and all subsequent sections shall be renumbered accordingly.
As can be seen in S.20.2-3: Governor Terms Amendment.

Governor Terms Amendment
Article V, sections 5 and 6 of the Southern Constitution are amended to read as follows:

5. ...The governor shall appoint a designated successor from among the members of the legislature. Should the office of governor fall vacant at any point during the term, the designated successor shall become governor for the remainder of the term, vacating their position within the legislature. Should the governor fail to appoint a designated successor, the longest continually-serving available member of the legislature, shall immediately become the governor and serve for the remainder of the term, vacating their position within the legislature. ...

Section V.7 shall be redesignated V.6 and all subsequent sections shall be renumbered accordingly.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 05:08:52 AM »

Look, I have to apologize to you all. I thought I could commit to the game right now given the Covid situation, but it appears I have had to step up a lot in my life. I have to quit the CoD, I should've realized this earlier during my LOA but I didn't. I know Paul will do great work!

Hopefully I can prompt a few more responses from the chamber. I know from experience that the chamber requires some hand holding. One can lead a horse to water but you can make them drink it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies