Yang: "I’m Operating As If I’m Going To Run Again, Even If Against Biden In 2024"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 10:37:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Yang: "I’m Operating As If I’m Going To Run Again, Even If Against Biden In 2024"
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Yang: "I’m Operating As If I’m Going To Run Again, Even If Against Biden In 2024"  (Read 941 times)
Lisa's voting Biden
LCameronAL
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.75, S: -3.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 15, 2020, 02:13:56 PM »

https://dailycaller.com/2020/05/15/andrew-yang-operating-as-if-going-to-run-again-even-against-biden-2024/
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 02:26:39 PM »

This is unsurprising and I doubt Biden much minds. Yang's a remarkably civil guy and a Biden running for reelection might actually enjoy having primary "debates" where Yang never actually attacks him, running up to Biden winning just about everywhere 90-10.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 02:30:32 PM »

Go Yang! We need a primary challenger in 2024, but first we will beat Trump and hopefully Biden chooses to serve only one term. In 2020 we need unity at all. In 2024 i will support Yang.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 02:31:38 PM »

Ummm good for him, I guess. But yeah, he'll probably get like 10% of the vote, and win no primaries, so whatever.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2020, 02:32:56 PM »

Yang would be a very interesting 2024 (in an open seat race) or 2028 (after two terms of Biden or Trump) candidate.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2020, 02:34:47 PM »

10% of the vote? If the GOP primaries against Trump are any indication, Yang would be lucky to even break 1%, let alone 10%
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2020, 02:35:56 PM »

Lmao... if Biden is in good health, I want to him to run for reelection without opposition.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2020, 02:38:40 PM »

Lmao... if Biden is in good health, I want to him to run for reelection without opposition.
Biden shouldn't run for another term in 2024 (if he wins this year). He would be 82-86 years old in a 2nd term. That would just be absolutely terrible.

However, Yang isn't going to come close to winning the primary or being President.
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2020, 02:44:42 PM »

Anyone who thinks an 81 year old Biden will want to run for a second term is kidding themselves, he wants a "guardian" role after Trump and will choose a VP nominee that can carry the torch, unless he foolishly chooses Warren or Abrams.  

I really hope Yang runs again and I might even vote for him in the general depending on the quality of the GOP candidate (for the same reasons John Dole outlined his support in this years primary).  I genuinely admire his forward thinking approaches and ability to diagnose the problems that led to Trump's election in the first place.  The Bernie/AOC wing of the party was badly embarrassed in this primary, and there is no guarantee it's still around in 3 years.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2020, 02:46:12 PM »

10% of the vote? If the GOP primaries against Trump are any indication, Yang would be lucky to even break 1%, let alone 10%
Yang is no Walsh or Weld tier candidate. He will get a lot of the youth and Bernie vote, regardless of how Biden does in his term.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2020, 02:47:13 PM »

Anyone who thinks an 81 year old Biden will want to run for a second term is kidding themselves, he wants a "guardian" role after Trump and will choose a VP nominee that can carry the torch, unless he foolishly chooses Warren or Abrams.  

I really hope Yang runs again and I might even vote for him in the general depending on the quality of the GOP candidate (for the same reasons John Dole outlined his support in this years primary).  I genuinely admire his forward thinking approaches and ability to diagnose the problems that led to Trump's election in the first place.  The Bernie/AOC wing of the party was badly embarrassed in this primary, and there is no guarantee it's still around in 3 years.
The fact Biden is as old as he is, makes the VP choice so important. Whether he passes in office or simply doesn't feel up for a second term.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2020, 02:49:57 PM »

Yang knows Biden isn't running for a second term if he wins, don't kid yourselves. And if Biden did run, a Yang primary challenge would help him credibly pivot towards talking about the issues that Yang has raised, which would help Democrats out a lot in the Rust Belt. So this is a win-win.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2020, 03:03:58 PM »

Let’s get that bag bois!!!!!! 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2020, 03:48:36 PM »

Yang's a far more formidable nuisance candidate than Bill Weld, mainly because Yang actually has a (niche) constituency while Weld's constituency is either dead or left the Republican Party before half of this forum was born. Also, Dems are far more likely to have people willing to throw around random protest votes. I think 10% is a pretty fair ballpark figure for Yang primarying a reasonably-but-not-exceptionally effective President Biden.

Biden would also probably like that Yang would split away any votes from a more...fierce...primary opponent.

Given the increased profile UBI has and the popularity of the stimulus checks this year, I'd be shocked if Yang isn't treated with a lot more respect in 2024. I don't think it'll be enough to raise him out of "niche" territory, but if we had an open-ish primary of Biden's VP and half a dozen-odd other people running, I could see Yang hovering in the upper single digits for most of 2023, ahead of some more "serious" candidates. In the...event...of a Trump win and a 2024 open seat with a true full on clown car again, I could easily see Yang ending up in the "top tier" for a while.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2020, 05:20:24 PM »

I was starting to like Yang, but this isn’t a very helpful thing to say about the guy you’ve endorsed while he’s still trying to get elected. Not that it will really hurt or anything, but it’s kind of annoying.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2020, 05:44:24 PM »

great way to get yourself denied a cabinet post
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2020, 05:59:19 PM »

I’m still hoping for Lee 2020 here.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2020, 06:00:12 PM »

The next cycle might benefit Yang as automation will become a bigger issue in subsequent cycles.
Pulaski

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2020, 06:06:15 PM »

Yang’s a guy with a good future if he plays it right. I would’ve thought he’d be a top pick for Commerce, but if not there are various congressional New York offices he could look at, or mayor of NYC, in the near future. Another run with no prior political experience is not gonna catch on.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2020, 06:16:45 PM »

**** it, it'll keep his mind sharp.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2020, 12:47:54 PM »

Biden isn't going to run in 2024 so I don't think he minds. Plus he and Yang have a great relationship.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2020, 01:02:18 PM »

Yang needs a Cabinet position. I love the man & think he's a visionary but I don't think he has enough experience with regards to how government truly works. Once he has some federal-level position under his belt, I think he'd be a great candidate for the presidency.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies