How would you fix American policing (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:58:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  How would you fix American policing (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How would you fix American policing  (Read 2921 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: June 29, 2020, 09:04:10 PM »

More cops.  More cops with guns.  More cops in high-crime neighborhoods.  More cops in schools.  Harsher sentences for small-time gang-bangers and drug peddlers.

This seems like it will accomplish the opposite
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 09:09:11 PM »

Neuter Place unions. Institute wrong civilian review boards with oversight, actual teeth, and subpoena power. Make body cams damn near mandatory Prosser's to have, including funding for those few small police departments that still don't have it, and remove sovereign immunity for any wrongdoing surpassing negligence.

Oh, and engage in the most aggressive affirmative action program the country has seen. I'm generally ambivalent too mildly supportive of affirmative action programs but by and large the outcome of such programs merely determines who gets hired or promoted. Having such lily-white major city police department's policing largely manure diarias - - Columbus and Cincy PD both come to mine- - it is a proven recipe for disaster. I'm not saying we can't have crappy Black and Hispanic cops. We do. But a chronic problem with white cops brutalizing black people when you've got a 90 + percent White Law Enforcement body with its own distinct culture that tends to view black males without badges as the enemy oh, it's just messed up.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies