FT 15.17 - Salary Disclosure Act (FINAL VOTE)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:24:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FT 15.17 - Salary Disclosure Act (FINAL VOTE)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FT 15.17 - Salary Disclosure Act (FINAL VOTE)  (Read 303 times)
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 13, 2020, 02:06:55 PM »
« edited: May 22, 2020, 11:01:11 AM by Interim Speaker Oregon Blue Dog »

AN ACT
to encourage the free dissemination of information in the workplace

Section 1 (Title & definitions)
i. The title of this Act shall be, the "Salary Disclosure Act."
ii. As it appears in this legislation, "wage discrimination" refers to discrepancies in wages paid to persons performing the same work on the basis of race, sex, sexuality, or nation of origin.

Section 2 (Mandatory disclosure)
i. All hiring employers must disclose the highest and lowest salary paid for a position in any job posting, as well as the salary paid to the previous occupant of the position, where applicable.
ii. All employers of more than ten employees must publish annually and deliver, by post or e-mail, to their employees, a report of all persons employed by their company, the date of their hiring, and the salary paid to each.
iii. All employers of fewer than ten employees must publish biannually and deliver, by post or e-mail, to their employees, a report of all persons employed by their company, the date of their hiring, and the salary paid to each.
iv. In the report aforementioned, employers must inform employees of their right to file a wage discrimination complaint with the Ministry of Labor, and in such disclosure direct them to the web page and telephone number of the Ministry where such a complaint may be entered.
v. Employees and members of the public shall have access to all reports filed by any employer in the last twenty years through the Ministry of Labor; and in the report aforementioned, employers must inform employees of how they may access these reports.

Section 3 (Investigation)
i. The Ministry of Labor shall have right to receive a copy of the report mandated by §2(ii) or §2(iii) of this Act.
ii. The Ministry of Labor shall have power to investigate cases of alleged wage discrimination according to their analysis of a report or reports filed by an employer, or in response to a complaint filed by an employee.
Sponsor: Harry S. Truman, FM (Fianna Frémont - Labor, North Dakota)

The gentleman from North Dakota has the floor.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 04:22:39 PM »

There's nothing I like better than killing two birds with one stone, and that is exactly what this bill does! It has always irritated me that a healthy portion of job listings do not mention a starting salary. This, of course, is an insidious tactic devised so that potential applicants cannot shop around for the best deal. It also serves as a cloak for wage discrimination, as you can't prove you're being paid less because of your race/sex if you don't know what your colleagues are making.

So, simply and straight-forward, this bill requires employers to (a) name an estimated starting salary on all job listings, and (b) make an annual report of all salaries paid out by their company. The first step towards better labor relations is honesty and transparency; rather than dictate the price of labor (which quickly becomes messy and has unintended consequences), this act makes the relevant information available to employees and allows the Ministry of Labor to respond to alleged discrimination on a case-by-case basis.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 06:08:15 PM »

The fact that Truman keeps coming up with new Labor bills after being in power for so long is mildly incredible.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 11:13:28 PM »

I don't hear any complaints, so I'll move for a vote —but I will be taking names for this weekend if this gets voted down after 0 words of criticism during debate.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2020, 11:43:33 PM »

Very well. Motion seconded and vote opened. 48 hours.

Aye, I suppose. Don't want Fianna Fremont agents busting down my door in the night or stuffing the ballot boxes with Pericles-for-Parliament write-ins.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2020, 12:12:36 AM »

Aye.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2020, 12:47:57 AM »

Nay
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2020, 11:54:20 PM »

Salary Disclosure Act
Frémont Parliament Bill 15.17 - Sponsored by Harry S. Truman, FM

LABPAXINDTOTAL
Aye
Nay
Abstain
Not Present

FFTRMLULTOTAL
Aye
Nay
Abstain
Not Present

First Minister HARRY S TRUMAN of North Dakota (LAB/FF)
Mr. AUSTRALIANSWINGVOTER of Washington (IND/ML)
Mr. ISHAN of Guam (LAB/UL)
Ms. KOOPADAQUICK of Iowa (PAX/TR)
Mr. OREGON BLUE DOG of Oregon (LAB/ML)

The bill has passed.

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2020, 11:57:28 PM »

AN ACT
to encourage the free dissemination of information in the workplace

Section 1 (Title & definitions)
i. The title of this Act shall be, the "Salary Disclosure Act."
ii. As it appears in this legislation, "wage discrimination" refers to discrepancies in wages paid to persons performing the same work on the basis of race, sex, sexuality, or nation of origin.

Section 2 (Mandatory disclosure)
i. All hiring employers must disclose the highest and lowest salary paid for a position in any job posting, as well as the salary paid to the previous occupant of the position, where applicable.
ii. All employers of more than ten employees must publish annually and deliver, by post or e-mail, to their employees, a report of all persons employed by their company, the date of their hiring, and the salary paid to each.
iii. All employers of fewer than ten employees must publish biannually and deliver, by post or e-mail, to their employees, a report of all persons employed by their company, the date of their hiring, and the salary paid to each.
iv. In the report aforementioned, employers must inform employees of their right to file a wage discrimination complaint with the Ministry of Labor, and in such disclosure direct them to the web page and telephone number of the Ministry where such a complaint may be entered.
v. Employees and members of the public shall have access to all reports filed by any employer in the last twenty years through the Ministry of Labor; and in the report aforementioned, employers must inform employees of how they may access these reports.

Section 3 (Investigation)
i. The Ministry of Labor shall have right to receive a copy of the report mandated by §2(ii) or §2(iii) of this Act.
ii. The Ministry of Labor shall have power to investigate cases of alleged wage discrimination according to their analysis of a report or reports filed by an employer, or in response to a complaint filed by an employee.

At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2020, 11:27:00 AM »

Aye, I suppose. Don't want Fianna Fremont agents busting down my door in the night or stuffing the ballot boxes with Pericles-for-Parliament write-ins.
So you actually don't support this bill? You do know that there's another option you can take? Wink
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2020, 12:10:56 PM »

So you actually don't support this bill? You do know that there's another option you can take? Wink
pErHaPS

(naw I'm actually fine with the bill lol, just trolling)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies