Why do more hardcore fans than metalheads love Jesus Christ?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:26:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Why do more hardcore fans than metalheads love Jesus Christ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why do more hardcore fans than metalheads love Jesus Christ?  (Read 401 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 13, 2020, 02:05:18 PM »

I have some theories but I'm wondering if anyone else shares the same ones...
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 02:25:35 PM »

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 02:40:20 PM »

Metal is influenced more by counterculture and folk culture then hardcore I suppose, what with the influence of pre-Christian and anti-mainstream European culture. Or at least that is what my outside observer view is theorizing from what I know.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 11:25:54 AM »

I assume if you consider yourself a fan of hardcore you probably need a lot more Jesus in your life, so- oh, misunderstood the thread.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2020, 10:51:17 PM »

Many of the bans that were important in seeding the metal genre are known for blasphemous content, or otherwise un-Christian imagery. Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Venom, Slayer, &c. That sort of stuff will drive off many (but not all) Christians. To my knowledge, the history of hardcore is rather different, though I could be wrong.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2020, 12:23:13 AM »

Many of the bans that were important in seeding the metal genre are known for blasphemous content, or otherwise un-Christian imagery. Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Venom, Slayer, &c. That sort of stuff will drive off many (but not all) Christians. To my knowledge, the history of hardcore is rather different, though I could be wrong.
I’m not sure what symbology, aesthetics, and thematic origins many hardcore bands take root of; but I do notice that the little Metal I see having more occultic and Northwestern European pre-Christian imagery.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2020, 12:40:00 AM »

I’m not sure what symbology, aesthetics, and thematic origins many hardcore bands take root of; but I do notice that the little Metal I see having more occultic and Northwestern European pre-Christian imagery.

Pagan imagery took off in the 1990s, motivated in part by a desire to capture more traditional ideals of masculinity and heroism. The predominant religious aesthetic of the 1980s for metal was Satanic/anti-Christian, and those '80s bands were very influential for the '90s bands that would base their image and music in pre-Christian themes. Occultism, it should not be surprising, goes back to the very start of metal as a genre.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2020, 02:49:20 AM »

this needs to be updated. It's a blog, not an atlas.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies