2021 Gubernatorial predictions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:55:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2021 Gubernatorial predictions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2021 Gubernatorial predictions  (Read 2489 times)
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« on: May 14, 2020, 03:43:02 PM »

Does anyone know if McAullife is going to run again in 2021, I don't remember if he has said anything about it or if it was just pure speculation on watchers part.
Biden accidentally let it leak.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 03:44:58 PM »

If Biden and Murphy win(my prediction). It will be the first time since 1985 that New Jersey elects a governor from the same party as the president. Also, Terry McAuliffe will be governor again.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 09:14:41 PM »

I don’t like following races which are Safe D no matter what, but the worst thing about the VA GOV race is that we’re going to be inundated with takes telling us that this race "in a key swing state is the first real test of Republicans' electoral prospects in a post-Trump era and a bellwether for next year's midterm elections." Everyone’s going to act like VA is a pure Tossup state which Republicans have no business losing (it only voted for Biden by double digits because it was anti-Trump!) and then predict a Democratic wave in 2022 when the party inevitably wins the gubernatorial election and every other statewide office by 7+ points. The "National Republicans in disarray" headlines are gonna write themselves.
I agree. America doesn't realize how democratic the state has become. The connotation with southerners and being republican is fresh in many people's minds.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2020, 04:07:53 PM »
« Edited: July 11, 2020, 12:23:27 PM by FalterinArc »

If Democrats win both of these with Biden as president, it will be the first time since 1969 that the president's party won both of these seats.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 02:46:50 PM »

I don’t think Phil Murphy will be re-elected due to an increasing backlash to the (necessary) COVID restrictions in the state. The Republican nominee for governor in New Jersey will either be Bob Hugin or Jack Citarelli. Virginia might flip Republican as well if a strong candidate such as Barbara Comstock or Eric Cantor decides to run.
>strong candidate

>Barbara Comstock

Pick one
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies