2020 Census and Redistricting Thread: Wisconsin (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:03:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2020 Census and Redistricting Thread: Wisconsin (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Census and Redistricting Thread: Wisconsin  (Read 40973 times)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« on: January 10, 2022, 03:56:59 PM »

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 06:50:13 PM »

Any news for when the map is picked ?

They really didn't give a time frame. The fact they are waiting so long makes me wonder if they are drawing their own maps (combining different parts from those proposed that they liked), which they would be allowed to do.

I bet Hagedorn is definetely tempted by combining the WI03 from the GOP proposal but taking Ever's proposal for WI01. I think he leans against that in the end due to his own words about least change and how he doesn't want to be Lucy pulling the football.

Yeah he’s made it pretty clear that something like that is what he believes personally the map “should be”. Whether he’s attached enough to the idea to force it we will see.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2022, 11:40:47 AM »

So the SCOTUS’ official precedent now is just “do whatever creates more Republican seats”, yes? No reason otherwise for them to ban AL congressional redraw because “too close to the election” but then mandate WI congressional redraw other than the AL initial map was a GOP friendly draw.

The rule of law is dead.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies