2030 Reapportionment: Nightmare Scenario for Democrats?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:05:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2030 Reapportionment: Nightmare Scenario for Democrats?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 2030 Reapportionment: Nightmare Scenario for Democrats?  (Read 845 times)
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2024, 08:09:45 PM »
« edited: March 04, 2024, 08:13:38 PM by Skill and Chance »

TBH, I don't think the House would be the problem for Democrats with this allocation.  A lot of the gaining R states are presently maxed out and the probability of having a say in Georgia is pretty high. 

The problem is the presidency.  It's really the South or bust!  Even this is a Republican win on that EC map:

ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2024, 01:04:00 AM »

TBH, I don't think the House would be the problem for Democrats with this allocation.  A lot of the gaining R states are presently maxed out and the probability of having a say in Georgia is pretty high. 

The problem is the presidency.  It's really the South or bust!  Even this is a Republican win on that EC map:

I think EC depends on if these sunbelt states like GA and AZ projected to gain seats continue to shift D long term. If by the end of the decade AZ and GA are out of reach for the GOP and they’re struggling in TX, then the GOP is in pretty big EC trouble overall, even if they make gains in the rust belt and NV
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2024, 01:50:07 AM »

TBH, I don't think the House would be the problem for Democrats with this allocation.  A lot of the gaining R states are presently maxed out and the probability of having a say in Georgia is pretty high.  

The problem is the presidency.  It's really the South or bust!  Even this is a Republican win on that EC map:

I think EC depends on if these sunbelt states like GA and AZ projected to gain seats continue to shift D long term. If by the end of the decade AZ and GA are out of reach for the GOP and they’re struggling in TX, then the GOP is in pretty big EC trouble overall, even if they make gains in the rust belt and NV

My vibe is that Georgia will become like Virginia, safe for democrats but occasionally can struggle statewide while Arizona is gonna stay a swing state federally and statewide

North Carolina is the biggest wild card imo
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2024, 09:03:52 AM »

Everyone is talking about congressional races, what about the 2032 election? If the map is a repeat of 2020, Democrats go from 306 to 291

Hillary Clinton's famous "Blue Wall" map was only 278, now she can't win

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies