I'm working on an interactive map of US churches (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:33:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  I'm working on an interactive map of US churches (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm working on an interactive map of US churches  (Read 1276 times)
Biden his time
Abdullah
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« on: April 25, 2021, 10:47:44 PM »
« edited: April 26, 2021, 07:22:23 AM by Abdullah »

I'm attempting to create a map of almost all US churches (not just Christian churches, btw) with rooftop-level precision. I'm somewhat early in the verification process, but I have a huge dataset assembled already. You can see what I have so far here, with the caveat that it's only hand-verified locations, only ~7-8% of churches, the sample is highly non-random, and the pop-up boxes don't work well on Chrome so far.

I'm looking for feedback on what I have so far and on what you would like to see from this. Also, this is a very time-intensive process, but if any one would like to help out, I'm looking for assistance. That could be just verifying/finding churches in your area or denomination or whatever you'd like. My end goal will be to make the final dataset freely available.

As always, nicely done.

Is there a way we can verify different religious institutions on the user side? I know a few places, nearly all of which are unverified currently.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies