The White House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:06:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: The White House  (Read 29114 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 03, 2006, 06:10:10 PM »

Cabinet Appointments, 3/3/06

For Secretary of Forum Affairs, I nominate Ernest.  Ernest served as one of the greatest Governors in Atlasian history in the Southeast, and has more recently shown himself to be an able and competent Senator during a brief term.  I believe he has the legal knowledge, the experience with administering elections, and the general expertise necessary to serve in this position, and look forward to working with him.

For Secretary of State, I nominate Al.  Al has been a mentor to me in many ways since I joined Atlasia, and has shown that he is able to keep a friendly and helpful tone when dealing with people who disagree with him.  I believe this will translate into the diplomacy necessary to serve as Secretary of State, and urge the Senate to confirm him.

For Secretary of Defense, I nominate Akno21.  This position has been neglected over the past year, and as a former Secretary of Defense I am certainly partially responsible for that.  I trust that Akno21 will work to restore activity to this position and provide input to defense-related issues facing the Senate in the coming months.

For Secretary of the Treasury, I nominate Bono.  Bono has a healthy interest in economics and has been one of the people who often comments on decisions made by the Secretary of the Treasury in the past.  His invitation to an ultimately unsuccessful economic roundtable planned by former Secretary Keystone Phil is a testament to his continued devotion to economic issues throughout his time in Atlasia.

For Attorney General, I nominate Brandon H.  He has already served as our Attorney General for the last four months and performed excellently in the post.  As Senator, I proudly voted to confirm his nomination when he was appointed by President Joe Republic four months ago, and I have no doubts about his commitment to the job or his ability to perform it.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 06:14:49 PM »

For Secretary of State, I nominate Al
For Secretary of the Treasury, I nominate Bono.

You're just asking for trouble, aren't you? Wink
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 06:22:29 PM »

Horrible nomination for Secretary of Defense. I hope my senators will come out in full opposition to this nominee.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 06:23:07 PM »

Your nomination is an honor, Mr. President.  It is somewhat like the honor of being the principal in a funeral, in that one would rather decline, but is unable to. Wink It is a thankless job, but someone has to do it.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 07:08:12 PM »

I thank the President for nominating me to be Secretary of Defense.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 08:17:45 PM »

Thanks Smiley
Yates

Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: 1.54

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2006, 08:21:30 PM »

Congratulations to all nominees!
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2006, 08:37:34 PM »

Great picks- what promise!
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2006, 09:44:43 PM »

Horrible nomination for Secretary of Defense. I hope my senators will come out in full opposition to this nominee.

Are you going to propose your new State/Defense Merger yet?

Pete proposed that bill pal. Hopefully you will monitor Senate activity more throughly.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2006, 09:51:14 PM »

For Secretary of the Treasury, I nominate Bono.  Bono has a healthy interest in economics and has been one of the people who often comments on decisions made by the Secretary of the Treasury in the past.

That's not the word I would have used... Tongue
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2006, 09:58:03 PM »

I know who proposed it, because I told Peter that I supported the bill when it was introduced.  Of course you didn't propose it, you just flip-flopped on the issue when convenient.  Why would I forget?  It's not an issue of not monitoring Senate activity; heaven knows I've done more than enough of that.  Are you not even bothering to keep track of your positions now, or what?

Ah, so you're talking about the amendment? The one I wrote when it seemed many supported the change? Who am I to propose an amendment forcing my opinion on what I percieved others preferred?

I believe this has been explained to you at least once before. Now I see why you only got second place.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2006, 04:45:19 AM »

THank you Mr. President, for the oportunity to serve Atlasia as Secretary of Treasure.
Hopefully the senate will allow me this as well.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2006, 11:19:21 PM »
« Edited: March 24, 2006, 03:12:08 PM by President Porce »

Statement on Puerto Rico Government, 3/22/06

An attempt to create a new government in the Atlasian-owned commonwealth of Puerto Rico by former President True Democrat in Puerto Rico is misguided, and this administration will not be recognizing this so-called government as official or legitimate.  I will also not be recognizing him as a Governor alongside the Governors of our five regions, and view him as nothing more than a mere rebellion leader.

His attempts to impose involuntary military service upon all male citizens of Puerto Rico between the ages of 18 and 45 in preparation for a secession attempt are worrying.  However, as the Government that passed this bill of conscription is illegitimate and essentially a figment of True Democrat's imagination, Puerto Rican citizens can rest assured that they do not need to and should not follow the orders of the bill.

By seizing an Atlasian territory and declaring himself Governor of it without any constitutional basis, True Democrat has committed borderline treason.  Although we would like to take as diplomatic a course as possible, his initial demands for regionhood for Puerto Rico and later increasingly ridiculous demands are unreasonable and will not be met should he continue to pursue them in his current fashion.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2006, 11:43:59 PM »

The Revolutionary Armed Forces of Atlasia are willing to give all that is needed to assist the government in defeating this illegal, right wing, seperatist regime.

(I wonder how many cute commie chicks are in Puerto Rico? Got to be some.)
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2006, 11:05:23 AM »

He has committed treason.  He has mustered an army.  The time to act is now!  It is your constitutional duty to defend the Union.  The Union has been infringed upon by an illegal and belligerent element.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2006, 11:22:00 PM »

Mr President,

Since I have it on good authority that my emergency resolution would be unconsitutional, I have withdrawn it

Given that secessionist activity is spreading and secessionists are taking up arms. I urge that you as Commander-in-Chief take immediate action and appoint Southeast Governor Cosmo Kramer as General of the Armies in prepration for any military action by secessionists against the Republic

'Hawk'
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2006, 04:48:35 PM »

Executive Order

Registrations in Puerto Rico are no longer allowed and are not to be permitted by the Department of Forum Affairs.  The sixth amendment states: "In registration, the person must state his name and State of fantasy residence."  As Puerto Rico is currently not a "state of fantasy residence", any registrations in it are invalid, and any persons who registered in Puerto Rico should have their state of residence reverted to their previous registration (in True Democrat's case, Washington, though he is free to remain in his self-founded Puerto Rico Liberation Party).
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2006, 01:32:32 AM »

Statement on Current Events, 3/27/06

First, on the issue of Senator DemoHawk being wounded by a shooting.  We send our best wishes from the administration to Democratic 'Hawk' and hope for a continued quick recovery.  We trust that he will heal soon and be back to work at the Senate serving District 4; until then, we hope he is doing well in hospital care.

On the issue of Puerto Rico, True Democrat claims that Puerto Rico is now an independent country because he pretended to seize it.  First, to be clear, True Democrat is still officially recognized as being registered in Washington.  Second, Puerto Rico very much remains in the ownership of Atlasia, and an imaginary take-over and subsequent secession are not, as True Democrat describes it, "fun," but rather, annoying and mind-numbingly stupid.  We recommend that the former President take up a new hobby, such as masturbation.

I would also like to congratulate Atlasia on an effort to pass regional bans on sex crimes where laws were insufficient or nonexistant previously.  Four of our regions have now passed bans on bestiality, with the Midwest to vote on a proposal next month.  I'm glad to see such a unified effort across every region and proud that our nation has worked quickly to pass appropriate legislation on the issue.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2006, 07:21:44 AM »

Second, Puerto Rico very much remains in the ownership of Atlasia, and an imaginary take-over and subsequent secession are not, as True Democrat describes it, "fun," but rather, annoying and mind-numbingly stupid.  We recommend that the former President take up a new hobby, such as masturbation.

That was totally out of line, honestly.  I demand an apology immediately.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2006, 12:42:19 AM »

Puerto Rico

All right, we're sending 75,000 troops from the federal guard to Puerto Rico to retake the island territory, and another 15,000 troops to help the Southeastern Guard in Florida to help maintain order.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2006, 11:01:56 PM »

Game Moderator Announcement
Sam Spade today announced his resignation as Game Moderator.  I'd like to thank him for his service in this time-consuming and difficult position and announce that I'm naming True Democrat as the new GM, who is welcome to assume the role at his leisure.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2006, 11:02:35 PM »

*applause*
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2006, 11:03:08 PM »

Thank you Mr. President.  I will start the transition either Monday or Tuesday.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2006, 11:08:46 PM »

I suspected as much.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2006, 10:15:54 AM »

I'm not exactly sure but does the Senate have to approve the new GM?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies