The White House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:57:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: The White House  (Read 29204 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2006, 12:50:30 AM »

He's still allowed to write stories for the Midgard Wire Services I think, foreign policy events or whatever.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2006, 01:03:34 AM »

He's still allowed to write stories for the Midgard Wire Services I think, foreign policy events or whatever.

Well, that's unfortunate.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2006, 09:47:54 AM »

Well, that's unfortunate.

More the unfortunate.  Horrific.  Remember what he did in Nepal?  Next thing you know Belgium will be annexing France and Islamic fundamentalists will take over the Mexican government.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #103 on: July 15, 2006, 09:49:34 AM »

Thanks for giving me nothing.  Ebowed goes clean.  Everyone is happpy, yet I'm screwed again.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2006, 01:40:24 PM »

Thanks for giving me nothing.  Ebowed goes clean.  Everyone is happpy, yet I'm screwed again.

You still get to write the Midgard News rag.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2006, 06:23:07 PM »

You still get to write the Midgard News rag.
rag? Try massive pile of executive loyalist sh**t.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2006, 09:03:11 PM »
« Edited: July 15, 2006, 09:11:59 PM by Porce »

OK, this GM situation is obviously problematic.  Two organizations are spouting back at each other that the other is wrong.  Let's get back to real news, shall we?

* True Democrat's Midgard Wire Service is restricted to events concerning foreign policy and developments concerning trade with Atlasia.
* I ask anyone currently with GM powers to follow a courtesy code not to directly attack or implicate into an unreasonable crime any single person, party, or organization.  Future violators of this code will be subject to possible punishment.
* I am not recognizing the following news stories by AWN as official or relevant: "Ebowed trying to form dictatorship?", "Southeast Governor killed in duel with the President", an untitled article by Jerusalemcar5 posted on July 14, 2006 at 08:40:35 pm EDT, and "Video proves that JCar didnt kill Harry."  All stories posted by the Midgard Wire Service between July 14, 2006 and today are also not recognized.  My reason for this is that this is the only way to completely end the "news war" currently occurring.  The news organizations may get back to announcing the death of Senators and telling me that large sections of the industries are protesting my trade policies. Smiley
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2006, 09:10:03 PM »

Mr. President, we have two witnesses you killed Harry.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2006, 09:31:08 PM »

Harry is not recognized as deregistered by the Department of Forum Affairs.  It is therefore administration policy that the "duel" event is not to be taken seriously.  That has been reflected in my previous announcement.
For the 1,000,000th time Mr. President, you. cant. erase. history.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2006, 09:35:57 PM »

Harry is not recognized as deregistered by the Department of Forum Affairs.  It is therefore administration policy that the "duel" event is not to be taken seriously.  That has been reflected in my previous announcement.
For the 1,000,000th time Mr. President, you. cant. erase. history.

This is not without precedent (remember the DanielX Iran nuclear airshow or something similarly stupid and nonsensical?).  And if you keep acting like this, I will actually fire AWN, because I'm getting a little sick and tired of this sh**t.

The news is supposed to make sense, not be idiotic back-and-forth accusations of murder and treason.
Ummm....Im citing the Duel thread, not the AWN. You did something stupid. Firing the AWN for calling you out on it doesnt make it better, it brings us right back to your actions yesterday.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2006, 09:44:03 PM »

Because his death was certified, and it happened on the boards, thats probably why, Ebowed.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #111 on: July 17, 2006, 07:29:05 PM »

The following treaty, pioneered and written by Fmr. Vice President Supersoulty on behalf of the Ebowed/Q administration, in consultation with Prime Minster Tony Blair (UK), Chancellor Angela Merkel (Germany), Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi (Japan), Prime Minister John Howard (Australia), President Álvaro Uribe Vélez (Colombia), President Thabo Mbeki (South Africa), President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva (Brazil), and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh (India), will be the beginning of a new international force dedicated to human rights and fighting terrorism.  This will not be an abolition of the United Nations or a moving away from it of any sort on behalf of Atlasia, but rather the formation of a tighter-knit organization that will have this treaty as its guideline.

Keep reading here...

(Credit to htmldon for the GTO logo.)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #112 on: July 17, 2006, 07:38:09 PM »

For immediate release, a legislative proposal for Atlasia to enter into the Global Treaty Organization.

Global Treaty Organization Bill

1. The Senate hereby approves the Global Treaty Organization formation treaty entered into on July 17, 2006 with the Governments of Australia, Brazil, Colombia, Germany, India, Japan, South Africa, and the United Kingdom.
2. The President and other officers of the Atlasian Government shall take such actions, and enforce such regulations, as may be necessary to implement the provisions of the treaty.
3. This Act shall have effect only with respect to those countries which have ratified or approved the treaty, and which continue to comply with its provisions.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #113 on: July 17, 2006, 10:00:44 PM »
« Edited: July 18, 2006, 06:00:42 AM by Porce »

It has come to my attention that disagreements between our two GM news sources are continuing.  Therefore I establish the position of Veto Moderator, or VM.  If the two sources are having a disagreement or contradiction, they shall post the conflicting articles in a thread directed to the VM, who will then decide which article is correct.  The "loser" article will be immediately considered retracted unless the VM gives more specific directions (i.e. if his decision only pertains to a certain sentence or paragraph).

Anyone interested in this position should PM me.

Edit: the position has been given to Akno21.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #114 on: July 18, 2006, 08:13:53 PM »

No new legislative proposal agenda this week; giving the Senate a chance to catch up.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: July 21, 2006, 10:13:24 PM »

To replace Cosmo Kramer, I am nominating Boss Tweed to serve as Attorney General.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #116 on: August 02, 2006, 03:40:41 PM »

Sorry for my absence.  I've had a busy last few days.

To replace Peter Bell, I am nominating Lewis Trondheim to serve as Secretary of Forum Affairs.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #117 on: August 06, 2006, 01:35:10 AM »

I find the "News War" to be highly amusing, by the way.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #118 on: August 21, 2006, 04:15:43 PM »

Can we also get rid of Earl? He hasn't done any GM business for awhile (besides complaining about Jake's football team's name) and doesn't seem to be working on the budget which NEEDS to get done.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #119 on: August 24, 2006, 04:58:12 PM »

Can we also get rid of Earl? He hasn't done any GM business for awhile (besides complaining about Jake's football team's name) and doesn't seem to be working on the budget which NEEDS to get done.

If all the governors would open the booths on Constitutional Amendments, I have a feeling this would be taken care of.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #120 on: September 02, 2006, 03:29:57 PM »

Earl failed with the budget and hasn't reported news in about a month. He needs to be fired.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #121 on: September 02, 2006, 04:06:11 PM »

Earl failed with the budget and hasn't reported news in about a month. He needs to be fired.
Sadly, I must second this.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #122 on: September 03, 2006, 11:09:52 AM »

Earl has admitted to me privately that he is in over his head... As much as it pains me to say this, I must also support his release.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #123 on: September 03, 2006, 11:25:11 AM »

Earl has admitted to me privately that he is in over his head.

This much was clear to the normals here about two months ago.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #124 on: September 07, 2006, 09:57:18 PM »

As of yesterday I'm on vacation for a week and a half.  I should be around a bit, but not as much as usual obviously, so if some action requires me and I'm a couple days late don't fret.  If you need to reach me about something send a PM or email.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies