Did Lee Harvey Oswald act alone?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:45:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Did Lee Harvey Oswald act alone?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Did Lee Harvey Oswald act alone?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 36

Author Topic: Did Lee Harvey Oswald act alone?  (Read 1923 times)
TransfemmeGoreVidal
Fulbright DNC
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 07, 2020, 04:54:39 PM »

discuss
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 05:41:17 PM »

Of course not.

It was a wide ranging conspiracy.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 05:56:30 PM »

It's entirely possible Oswald could have acted alone AND been part of a conspiracy. It just requires him to have never met any of the other conspirators in person, for example.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 04:13:16 PM »

The majority of the evidence supports the conclusion that Oswald acted alone (& this has seemingly been confirmed by analyzing the ballistics & cross-checking them with the layout of the vehicle that JFK was in).

Yes, the case against Oswald may be largely circumstantial (meaning no one actually witnessed him fire the shots), but that being said, the circumstantial case is fairly strong & includes the facts that he ordered the murder weapon by mail, worked at the building from which the shots were fired, left a palm print on the murder weapon, is believed to have murdered a police officer in the hours immediately after the assassination, & attempted to murder another police officer while he was being arrested. Such being the case - combined with his background as a troubled, depressed individual - leads to the likely conclusion that he was indeed the sole assassin.

Did he have any support leading up to the assassination? Who knows? He could very well have, but it doesn't seem necessary. All he needed was to be a good shot. I'll fully admit that anything is possible, but I'm just occam's razor-ing it here, & I'm not gonna make any further judgments until I see actual evidence instead of mere conspiracy theories.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2020, 12:46:09 PM »

I am researching this for a history paper, right now.

JFK was moving at about 5 m/s and was around 88 meters from the 6th floor of Texas School book Depository. Oswald was an ok shot, but that shot would still be extremely difficult for any marksman.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2020, 03:50:42 AM »

No, Jay Edgar Hoover had ties like Nixon and Trump did to the KGB, that's why Eisenhower wasnt threatened by assassination when he rode in the Limo. Hoover didnt relay thr message to Secret Service that Oswald's wife, whom was Russian, Oswald wanted to kill Kennedy if his wife didnt visit Cuba. She was denied.

That's why after shooting Oswald was so quickly found and killed
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2020, 04:20:56 PM »

if there is any conspiracy it's that he did it for communism/communists/USSR, with or without orders from them.  If it was on orders from the Soviets, it was covered up to avoid WWIII.  If it was just done as a "favor" to them by a crazy guy, then it was probably covered up for the same reasons because people wouldn't believe that he wasn't acting on their orders and would demand war.

I don't actually believe either scenario, but those are the only plausible possible conspiracies in my opinion.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2020, 07:15:41 PM »

if there is any conspiracy it's that he did it for communism/communists/USSR, with or without orders from them.  If it was on orders from the Soviets, it was covered up to avoid WWIII.  If it was just done as a "favor" to them by a crazy guy, then it was probably covered up for the same reasons because people wouldn't believe that he wasn't acting on their orders and would demand war.

I don't actually believe either scenario, but those are the only plausible possible conspiracies in my opinion.

How would you explain someone who is just an average shot hitting a target at 80 meters moving at about 5 meters/s not once, but twice in 3 shots with a below average rifle? 
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2020, 07:39:03 PM »

How would you explain someone who is just an average shot hitting a target at 80 meters moving at about 5 meters/s not once, but twice in 3 shots with a below average rifle? 

Not who you were responding to, but why do you keep parroting that Oswald was only an "ok shot" & "just an average shot" when that's simply not true? He was actually an above-average shot for a Marine (he literally earned a "sharpshooter" qualification), & an excellent shot compared to a civilian.

Moreover, to make the turn in Dealey Plaza from Houston Street onto Elm Street, the motorcade had slowed down to under 10 mph, & upon hearing the first shot ring out, JFK's driver slowed the car down to a near stop before he was forced to accelerate by Clint Hill who screamed at him to get to the nearest hospital. So stop acting as if this was some nearly impossible feat that Oswald just couldn't have pulled off, because that's just not true.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2020, 08:01:15 PM »

Not who you were responding to, but why do you keep parroting that Oswald was only an "ok shot" & "just an average shot" when that's simply not true? He was actually an above-average shot for a Marine (he literally earned a "sharpshooter" qualification), & an excellent shot compared to a civilian.

Moreover, to make the turn in Dealey Plaza from Houston Street onto Elm Street, the motorcade had slowed down to under 10 mph, & upon hearing the first shot ring out, JFK's driver slowed the car down to a near stop before he was forced to accelerate by Clint Hill who screamed at him to get to the nearest hospital. So stop acting as if this was some nearly impossible feat that Oswald just couldn't have pulled off, because that's just not true.

Oswald initially graded as a "sharpshooter" on the Marine qualification, but he lost that qualification in May of 1959 when he scored a 191 on his rifle qualification moving him down to "Marksman" the lowest grade. Now if we look at his earlier attempt to shoot General Edwin Walker from less than 100 feet away using the same rifle on a stationary target, he completely missed the General and instead hit the window frame, so if he can't hit a stationary target at less than half the range then how can we expect to hit a moving target at twice the range twice in three shots. To me, it just doesn't add up.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2020, 09:23:25 PM »

Probably. It's not hard to imagine a lone wolf communist doing this. It happened to McKinley too.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2020, 11:25:58 PM »

Probably. It's not hard to imagine a lone wolf communist doing this. It happened to McKinley too.
Well, in McKinley’s case it was an Anarchist.

Anyway, on the question, I do believe he was killed by the Mob or someone high up to remove him from any further planned reforms.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2020, 02:19:04 PM »
« Edited: June 25, 2020, 09:40:58 AM by Lincoln Republican »

Cuba/Castro
KGB
CIA
FBI
Federal Reserve
LBJ - He can be considered innocent
Mafia
Teamsters
Free Masons
Marilyn Monroe's Maid

Take your pick

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2020, 03:45:44 PM »

He was the only one who materially committed the assassination, yes. The second shooter theories are bunk. He still might have been acting on behalf of or prompted by others, though.
MABA 2020
MakeAmericaBritishAgain
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2020, 06:50:52 PM »

I think most likely yes, but I do find the conspiracies a lot of fun
AtorBoltox

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2020, 08:40:22 AM »

He was the only one who materially committed the assassination, yes. The second shooter theories are bunk. He still might have been acting on behalf of or prompted by others, though.
Yes, this. Oswald was the only shooter on November 22, but I don't rule out the possibility he had sponsors
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies