MA-WBUR: Kennedy leads in quest to defeat Malarkey
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:26:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  MA-WBUR: Kennedy leads in quest to defeat Malarkey
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA-WBUR: Kennedy leads in quest to defeat Malarkey  (Read 1158 times)
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 07, 2020, 01:25:21 PM »

https://www.uml.edu/docs/2020-COVID-Topline_tcm18-325770.pdf

Kennedy 44%
Malarkey 42%

The people of Massachusetts are exercising their god-given right to have a Kennedy represent them. Beautiful.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 01:29:07 PM »

I don't like how close this is.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 01:30:10 PM »

"Someone else" with 4% on a ballot with only two candidates.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 01:38:20 PM »

Hardly a lead, but I hope Markey is winning. He's more progressive and I'm probably closer to Kennedy, but I don't see a need to replace Markey other than Kennedy thinking he's entitled or something.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 02:04:04 PM »

C'mon Eddie boy, pull off this miracle!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2020, 02:15:23 PM »

Hardly a lead, but I hope Markey is winning. He's more progressive and I'm probably closer to Kennedy, but I don't see a need to replace Markey other than Kennedy thinking he's entitled or something.

Why do you keep saying this, Kennedys and Shrivers have done more for poor than Markey has ever done. It's not about one Kennedy
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2020, 02:26:18 PM »

Why do you keep saying this, Kennedys and Shrivers have done more for poor than Markey has ever done. It's not about one Kennedy

That is part of why Kennedy is polling well, but the vote should only be about Joe Kennedy - Ted and the rest aren't on the ballot.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2020, 02:28:37 PM »

No, I reject the fact that Dems keep saying he is blue dog, but Mark Kennedy Shriver is doing good for coronavirus victims in MD. Go Kennedy
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2020, 02:53:39 PM »

Quite close, so it seems Markey’s not done just yet.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2020, 03:41:44 PM »

That is part of why Kennedy is polling well, but the vote should only be about Joe Kennedy - Ted and the rest aren't on the ballot.

Not to mention all the good that the Kennedy family did a lot is because one of them was president, and another had a lot of senatorial seniority for decades and decades. Joe Kennedy would have neither if he gets elected
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2020, 04:40:22 PM »

Not to mention all the good that the Kennedy family did a lot is because one of them was president, and another had a lot of senatorial seniority for decades and decades. Joe Kennedy would have neither if he gets elected

This is the next generation Kennedys, Chrus Kennedy ran for Gov, Maria Eunice Shriver Kennedy was first Lady of Cali and Mark Eunice Kennedy Shriver is doing good in MD.

There will be 2 open Senate seats should DC become a state, and Van Hollen is close to Kennedys, I hope Mark and Mfume become the two Senators from DC or Donna Edwards.

Easy commute from home to DC
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2020, 08:22:11 PM »

All you need to know about this race is that Kennedy ostensibly has a "generational change" message (and not much else)...but older voters are supporting him and younger voters are supporting Markey.

Here's hoping Markey beats out this entitled, sixties-nostalgia-fueled, Joe-Boomer's-ideal-son-in-law vanity campaign.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2020, 08:23:22 PM »

I like how Kennedy is somehow entitled but somehow Markey being in office for 2,040 years isn't entitled.

Makes you think.

Either way, will be interesting.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2020, 08:27:03 PM »

I like how Kennedy is somehow entitled but somehow Markey being in office for 2,040 years isn't entitled.

They're different kinds of entitled.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2020, 10:44:52 PM »

All you need to know about this race is that Kennedy ostensibly has a "generational change" message (and not much else)...but older voters are supporting him and younger voters are supporting Markey.

Here's hoping Markey beats out this entitled, sixties-nostalgia-fueled, Joe-Boomer's-ideal-son-in-law vanity campaign.

I wholeheartedly agree, but unfortunately, it seems like this will not be. We're about ready to have our fourth Kennedy Senator, following his grandfather and granduncles. Political nepotism in this country has been, and continues to be, a serious problem.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2020, 11:02:24 PM »

I wholeheartedly agree, but unfortunately, it seems like this will not be. We're about ready to have our fourth Kennedy Senator, following his grandfather and granduncles. Political nepotism in this country has been, and continues to be, a serious problem.

How is it nepotism if he gets elected by the people?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2020, 11:04:51 PM »

I meant "nepotism" in the sense of political dynasties-I wish there was a better phrase to describe it. Many voters in Massachusetts are nostalgic about the Kennedys, and are jumping at the chance to put "Camelot's latest heir" into office. It is his family name alone that boosts him. He is not qualified for this seat otherwise, and is clearly pursuing higher political goals. Our country would be best served if we cast all the old dynasties-Clintons, Bushes, Kennedys-into the trash heap of history.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2020, 03:40:00 AM »

Many voters in Massachusetts are nostalgic about the Kennedys, and are jumping at the chance to put "Camelot's latest heir" into office. It is his family name alone that boosts him. He is not qualified for this seat otherwise, and is clearly pursuing higher political goals.

Eh, he isn't anywhere near as absurdly unqualified as his youngest great-uncle was, and he became one of the longest-serving Senators in history. But yeah, if his name were Joe Smith or Joe Brown or Joe Garcia, the questions about his motivations for primarying a reliably left-wing incumbent with consistently good approvals would be much more widespread and pointed.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2020, 08:54:27 AM »

I meant "nepotism" in the sense of political dynasties-I wish there was a better phrase to describe it. Many voters in Massachusetts are nostalgic about the Kennedys, and are jumping at the chance to put "Camelot's latest heir" into office. It is his family name alone that boosts him. He is not qualified for this seat otherwise, and is clearly pursuing higher political goals. Our country would be best served if we cast all the old dynasties-Clintons, Bushes, Kennedys-into the trash heap of history.

So RFK and JFK and Maria Shriver and Mark Sheiver whom have done everything for the poor have zero credibility in helping Hoe Kennedy get his name out.

I like the the Kennedys and if DC star I hope Mark Shriver runs for the Senate seat, but that is wishful thinking its probably Donna Edwards and Mfume.

Rs never understand Dems and why the Kennedy during Jim Crow days along with Eisenhower and Warren desegregated businesses like Abe Linciln and Grant ended slavery
Roblox

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2020, 09:13:06 AM »

Go Ed Markey! Screw shallow dynasty politics.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2020, 10:00:33 AM »

Would have been nice to see a regional breakdown, as I anticipate this will be a somewhat regional primary.

Markey's lead among independents is good news for him, especially since he is tied among Democrats. If he can maintain that edge and win over enough of the 7% who support the fictional "another candidate" that they should have known better than to poll, he can pull this off.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2020, 01:38:04 PM »

So RFK and JFK and Maria Shriver and Mark Sheiver whom have done everything for the poor have zero credibility in helping Hoe Kennedy get his name out.

I like the the Kennedys and if DC star I hope Mark Shriver runs for the Senate seat, but that is wishful thinking its probably Donna Edwards and Mfume.

Rs never understand Dems and why the Kennedy during Jim Crow days along with Eisenhower and Warren desegregated businesses like Abe Linciln and Grant ended slavery

I don't know what this is supposed to mean, but the fact of the matter is that Joe Kennedy III is a Representative, and will soon become a Senator, simply because of his last name, and not because of his own merit or accomplishments. It is as simple as that.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2020, 02:22:45 PM »

Rs don't understand why Dems like Kennedys that's why Markey is losing by 15 points it's in my signature

Camelot didnt finish out their legacy thats why Mark Shriver and Joe Kennedy and Maria Shriver are carrying out their ancestors legacy.

Next time read my signature
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2020, 01:19:47 AM »

Camelot didnt finish out their legacy

That's Camelot's problem.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: