If Bush had focused on the pacific northwest in 2000, would they be less Democratic? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:52:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  If Bush had focused on the pacific northwest in 2000, would they be less Democratic? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Bush had focused on the pacific northwest in 2000, would they be less Democratic?  (Read 1832 times)
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« on: May 06, 2020, 10:29:00 PM »

I think that would be missing the point. The Pacific Northwest already started turning against the Republicans on their economic and social policies during the Reagan years, and urbanization would only increase Democratic gains later on. If Bush had won Oregon outright in 2000, yeah, I'm sure Republicans would target the area a little more and the margins might be thinner, but it would be negligible. Eventually, the 2000 results would be chalked up to the Nader effect. The state would be abandoned by the GOP and the numbers would resemble ours.
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 08:14:10 AM »

I think that would be missing the point. The Pacific Northwest already started turning against the Republicans on their economic and social policies during the Reagan years, and urbanization would only increase Democratic gains later on. If Bush had won Oregon outright in 2000, yeah, I'm sure Republicans would target the area a little more and the margins might be thinner, but it would be negligible. Eventually, the 2000 results would be chalked up to the Nader effect. The state would be abandoned by the GOP and the numbers would resemble ours.
Could Mannix or Rossi have won in this case?

For Mannix, it depends on how much additional campaign funding and attention he gets and how much that effects the race. Who's to say? For Rossi, maybe the GOP would fund his court expenses and make a bigger deal out of the electoral sabotage claims. If he takes his case to the Washington State Supreme Court and wins, you have a Republican governor.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies