TX-GOV 2022: If TX GOP loses here, what next?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:38:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TX-GOV 2022: If TX GOP loses here, what next?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: TX-GOV 2022: If TX GOP loses here, what next?  (Read 10240 times)
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2020, 12:15:30 AM »

HEGAR will lose like Valdez did, she lost her Senate race by 10 pts.  The only ones that can win here are Castro's, but they are natl figures and may run for Prez in 2028. Losing in a 2022 Gov race would destroy their chances as being Prez

The Castro's are not popular anywhere.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2020, 03:27:23 AM »

FWIW Abbot's popularity has absolutely tanked during COVID-19. He is under attack (and may very well face a credible primary challenge) from the right for the mask mandate and under attack from the left for basically doing nothing else since June.

Still, Abbott has something like a 45 million dollar war chest, so...
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2020, 06:40:55 AM »

The only ones left that can win statewide are the Castro Bros and they show no interest in challenging Abbott.

That's what happens when you lose consecutive times with Valdez candidates and HEGAR was one and she was blanched like Valdez

Polls had it a 2 pt race, they lied
The Houstonian
alexk2796
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.87

« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2020, 02:56:11 AM »

The Dems have few options in terms of potential candidates. Lina Hidalgo?
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2020, 03:27:48 AM »

Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo is considering a run as a democrat. He's pretty popular. He's not a real democrat. He's a self proclaimed "RINO." But then again, MJ Hegar wasn't a real democrat either. She voted for McCain and Romney.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2020, 03:30:06 PM »

FWIW Abbot's popularity has absolutely tanked during COVID-19. He is under attack (and may very well face a credible primary challenge) from the right for the mask mandate and under attack from the left for basically doing nothing else since June.

Still, Abbott has something like a 45 million dollar war chest, so...
He has a primary opponent who is anti mask and a conservative “comedian”.
Patrick is very vulnerable as are some lower level statewide offices.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2021, 02:15:20 PM »

O'Rourke's profile has been popping up again and again with the current power grid crisis. He'll likely declare soon.
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2021, 02:34:45 PM »
« Edited: February 20, 2021, 02:37:52 PM by Tucker/DeSantis 2024 »

O'Rourke's profile has been popping up again and again with the current power grid crisis. He'll likely declare soon.

Certainly possible. If this crisis is still in the back of many voters' minds, and Abbott suffers quite a bit in his approval rating, there's a potential for Abbott to severely underperform.

Though I expect democrats to spend a crap ton of money here and lose embarassingly in the end, even with Beto. That's just how it goes.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2021, 02:58:11 PM »

I really hope not. She should wait until 2030 or when Texas is "there yet"
Los Angeles Swag Boss
L.A. Da Boss
Rookie
United States

« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2021, 09:02:20 PM »

Yup, it’s Beto’s time to shine (pt. 3). Any hesitancy that he had due to family reasons are probably erased by watching tens of thousands of people struggle.

Will he run? Soon. Will he win? I’m very skeptical, but the winter disaster may wake some people up. May.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2021, 04:01:21 PM »

Yup, it’s Beto’s time to shine (pt. 3). Any hesitancy that he had due to family reasons are probably erased by watching tens of thousands of people struggle.

Will he run? Soon. Will he win? I’m very skeptical, but the winter disaster may wake some people up. May.

Abbott is just very strong and it's likely too late to influence redistricting (census delays could complicate this somewhat).  It would be better for TX Dems to focus on LG and especially AG.  Against a top tier Dem candidate, Paxton could lose in an otherwise Republican leaning year.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2021, 05:27:39 PM »

Might as well convert this into a general TX 2022 Elections megathread or else it's just gonna be circular discussions on how Dems have no chance against Abbott and complete shock-and-awe when Abbott eventually wins (B I D E N M I D T E R M and all)
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2021, 05:35:23 PM »

Might as well convert this into a general TX 2022 Elections megathread or else it's just gonna be circular discussions on how Dems have no chance against Abbott and complete shock-and-awe when Abbott eventually wins (B I D E N M I D T E R M and all)

I made a megathread already: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=427051.0
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2021, 10:31:40 AM »

Holding out endorsing to see if McConaughey runs
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2021, 11:08:19 AM »

If Republicans somehow lose the Texas governorship with a Democrat in the White House, then they might as well throw in the towel for the 2024 presidential election because they'd be utterly screwed nationally.

But yeah, I think Abbot wins comfortably.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2021, 07:10:00 PM »
« Edited: June 17, 2021, 07:13:48 PM by MR. KAYNE WEST »

Holding out endorsing to see if McConaughey runs

Cook and Sabato have NH and WI and GA wrong they're Tossup, but they're not moving any of the red wall states out the R category unless there are regular polls, so far there are none, in Red wall we only got polls in GA Walker 47/45, NH, Hassan at 55%, WI Evers and Nelson up 48/44%, AZ and PA Fetterman and Kelly up 9. Whitmer plus or minus 4 and ME Mills lesding by six

One poll had McCounghey up by 12 and we got 1 OH poll which had a tie, but that was a RV polls

Mason Dixon and Quinnepiac and PPP polls usually polls close to Election when it's LV voters not RV with 60% Biden Approvals
Coolface’s actual roommate
pearlplate
Rookie
United States

« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2021, 10:48:22 PM »

Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2021, 11:14:46 PM »

Very unlikely it happens, particularly now that McConaughey is out, but hypothetically, it'd be great for the Democrats...the power of it cannot be overstated. The GOP's trifecta would be gone and the veto power would be wielded extensively to stop more moronic bills from passing (though it might be too late already).
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2021, 03:04:51 AM »

The Gov race is gone, like Beto had any chance in the first place, Beto surely misread the polls he thought he can come in with his anti gun politics and ride in on his boyish looks, but he LOST in the D primary, that didn't sway voters in primary either

In addition the young people are disillusioned by politics anyways
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2022, 05:14:21 PM »

I've been in Brazos county for the last two weeks and spent an earlier weak in Houston. The only republican signs have been for state legislature as well as judgeships. Not a single statewide republican sign even in this fairly red downballot county.

Beto signs are pretty common by comparison, I think I've seen about a dozen in college station.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2022, 11:20:17 PM »

I've been in Brazos county for the last two weeks and spent an earlier weak in Houston. The only republican signs have been for state legislature as well as judgeships. Not a single statewide republican sign even in this fairly red downballot county.

Beto signs are pretty common by comparison, I think I've seen about a dozen in college station.

The Aggie cult is going for Beto lmao
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2022, 11:20:50 PM »

Abbott did go to TU...
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2022, 11:24:11 PM »

Abbott did go to TU...

It's UT you don't even come close to Texasing Horns Down
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2022, 11:24:59 PM »

Abbott did go to TU...

If you're close to anyone who went to A&M, you'll get the joke.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2022, 11:27:04 PM »

Abbott did go to TU...

If you're close to anyone who went to A&M, you'll get the joke.

Unlike those Oil blooded buffoons in College Station, my University dropped the aggie moniker decades ago, no reason to associate myself with any of their ilk. Not even the original Aggie mascot either, stolen from THE ORIGINAL LAND GRANT University. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies