Eva Murry falsely accuses Biden of complimenting her breasts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 03:40:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Eva Murry falsely accuses Biden of complimenting her breasts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Eva Murry falsely accuses Biden of complimenting her breasts  (Read 9167 times)
Bomster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.13, S: -7.95

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2020, 05:10:55 PM »

Kyle Kulinski tweeted this lmao:

Rose Twitter is a cancer

Yes, brought to you by the Democratic Party who enable and normalize Bernie Sanders in 2016 and 2020. That guy is partially responsible for Clinton not consolidating the Democratic base in 2016 to beat Trump.

Trump consolidated the GOP base even after the Access Hollywood tape.

Bernie is not a Democrat and was rejected soundly both times by the majority of the party’s voters. He and the Rose Twitter types are not representative of the party at all. Indeed they seem to hate it more than anyone else.

Also it’s pretty rich for the party to be accused of “enabling” him when his people constantly accuse the party of rigging it against him.

The 2016 Democratic Party platform caved to his demands, it was the most progressive platform, what more does he and his minons want?
You see, nothing is enough. The Very Online section of Bernie Supporters don't want compromise. They want domination. They want to burn it all down and rebuild it in their image.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2020, 05:16:08 PM »

Rose Twitter is a cancer

Yes, brought to you by the Democratic Party who enable and normalize Bernie Sanders in 2016 and 2020. That guy is partially responsible for Clinton not consolidating the Democratic base in 2016 to beat Trump.

Bernie is not a Democrat and was rejected soundly both times by the majority of the party’s voters. He and the Rose Twitter types are not representative of the party at all. Indeed they seem to hate it more than anyone else.

Also it’s pretty rich for the party to be accused of “enabling” him when his people constantly accuse the party of rigging it against him.

The 2016 Democratic Party platform caved to his demands, it was the most progressive platform, what more does he and his minons want?

I agree. But they’re never gonna be satisfied because it’s not really even about policy for some of them; it’s about a cult of personality around the leader. As long as the leader isn’t in charge, they will think it’s been rigged against him no matter how badly he lost or how many concessions are made to the loser anyway. Biden could adopt all of Bernie’s positions and they’d still hate him. Bernie could adopt all of Biden’s and they’d still love him. The only thing that seems capable of making them turn on him is when he acknowledges the outcome is legitimate and endorses his opponent.

Again, they HATE the Democratic Party more than anyone. Their hate for it is the only thing that surpasses their love for Bernie. That’s why it is indeed pointless for the party to cater to them.

However, it should be acknowledged that MOST of Bernie’s supporters aren’t really represented by the diehard Rose Twitter types either. There’s not much harm in throwing a few bones to the more “pragmatic progressives” in the platform, which doesn’t really matter anyway and if it makes the ones who might actually vote more enthusiastic, then why not? The diehard cultists who won’t vote no matter what and indeed probably want Trump to win are another story.
Bomster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.13, S: -7.95

P P
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2020, 05:17:24 PM »

Rose Twitter is a cancer

I agree. But they’re never gonna be satisfied because it’s not really even about policy for some of them; it’s about a cult of personality around the leader. As long as the leader isn’t in charge, they will think it’s been rugged against him no matter how badly he lost or how many concessions are made to the loser anyway. Biden could adopt all of Bernie’s positions and they’d still hate him. Bernie could adopt all of Biden’s and they’d still love him. The only thing that seems capable of making them turn on him is when he acknowledges the outcome is legitimate and endorses his opponent.

Again, they HATE the Democratic Party more than anyone. Their hate for it is the only thing that surpasses their love for Bernie. That’s why it is indeed pointless for the party to cater to them.

However, it should be acknowledged that MOST of Bernie’s supporters aren’t really represented by the diehard Rose Twitter types either. There’s not much harm in throwing a few bones to the more “pragmatic progressives” in the platform, which doesn’t really matter anyway and if it makes the ones who might actually vote more enthusiastic, then why not? The diehard cultists who won’t vote no matter what and indeed probably want Trump to win are another story.
It wasn't really about Bernie either though. The moment Bernie endorsed Biden so many of these Very Online supporters abandoned him.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2020, 05:20:32 PM »

Paradoxically it seems that having sexual harassment allegations against male candidates in the US don’t seem to work against people in a general election. Look at Trump, WJC, and JFK. I don’t think Republicans running on “Biden is a sexual predator” is a winner among the WWC swing voters. That’s my #hottake
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2020, 05:21:26 PM »

Rose Twitter is a cancer

I agree. But they’re never gonna be satisfied because it’s not really even about policy for some of them; it’s about a cult of personality around the leader. As long as the leader isn’t in charge, they will think it’s been rugged against him no matter how badly he lost or how many concessions are made to the loser anyway. Biden could adopt all of Bernie’s positions and they’d still hate him. Bernie could adopt all of Biden’s and they’d still love him. The only thing that seems capable of making them turn on him is when he acknowledges the outcome is legitimate and endorses his opponent.

It wasn't really about Bernie either though. The moment Bernie endorsed Biden so many of these Very Online supporters abandoned him.

Well like I said, that seemed to be the ONLY thing capable of making them turn on him. I think for some it is a cult of personality, and for some it may have started like that but now has evolved beyond even that to become a fundamental part of these people’s personal identity. To be the most “woke” and “progressive” (and annoying) people on the internet seems to have become their life’s ambition. It certainly has nothing to do with policy and even less to do with winning elections. It’s all deeply personal to them. I find it a bit disturbing frankly. And you see a bit of it with the Trump people as well.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2020, 05:27:22 PM »

Paradoxically it seems that having sexual harassment allegations against male candidates in the US don’t seem to work against people in a general election. Look at Trump, WJC, and JFK. I don’t think Republicans running on “Biden is a sexual predator” is a winner among the WWC swing voters. That’s my #hottake

Don’t disagree, but did JFK really have sexual harassment allegations against him while he was alive, let alone before the election? I thought most of that stuff didn’t come out until after his death.
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2020, 05:35:13 PM »

This is what people meant when they said Biden was a #MeToo timebomb. Nobody expected that Biden could have done something like what Reade is accusing and as such it's still highly divisive; if Joe Biden was going to have a #MeToo problem, it was always much more likely to be death by a thousand -- even if unverifiable or sketchy -- cuts.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2020, 05:58:08 PM »

For the millionth time: We should have nominated Bernie.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2020, 06:03:00 PM »

The floodgates have truly opened. Again though, regardless of the sources, and even if they aren't true; the perception of Biden as a creep already exists, and it being reinforced in any way is not good under any circumstance. I am getting increasingly nervous with all of this.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2020, 06:16:45 PM »
« Edited: May 01, 2020, 06:22:08 PM by ProgressiveModerate »

Bernie would've likely done worse than Biden. Bernie-like progressives tend to do worse, especially in many swing states like AZ, NC, FL, and GA. Just look at the AZ governors race. Can we stop acting like we "should've" nominated Bernie. He would've had his own issues come up.

What's really unfortunate and scary is that Democrats hold up their candiates to a much higher bar than the Republicans in general. Democrats are more willing tolook into their canidates flaws, whereas in egenral, Trumo supporters don't give an F about what he does, but whenever anything comes out about Biden, they pounce on it. People have become numb to Trump's incompetence; he has over 20 claims of sexual assault against him, with varrying degrees of credibility about them, but no one talks about that.This is exactly what Trump wants though. To deflect any sot of attention that factures the Democrats helps him
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2020, 06:17:59 PM »

The floodgates have truly opened. Again though, regardless of the sources, and even if they aren't true; the perception of Biden as a creep already exists, and it being reinforced in any way is not good under any circumstance. I am getting increasingly nervous with all of this.

It seems like you're a nervous wreck all the time and need to freebase or something
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2020, 06:23:32 PM »

What makes you think this wouldn't have happened to him? It's not about what is real, it's about creating chaos that can cause enough doubt to influence an election. Anybody who got this nomination would have had a fake scandal created against them.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2020, 06:24:10 PM »

It seems like you're a nervous wreck all the time and need to freebase or something

Seriously, it's obnoxious
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2020, 06:28:54 PM »

Wasn't this brought up in the Tara thread and people said it was a totally fake story?
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2020, 06:30:00 PM »

Wasn't this brought up in the Tara thread and people said it was a totally fake story?

Yes
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2020, 06:33:34 PM »

This was in the other thread:

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/woman-claims-biden-sexually-harassed-her-when-she-was-14-years-old-by-complimenting-her-breasts/

So this was just published. Just Googling the author reveals that he is a Bernie or Buster who spreads conspiracy theories about DNC rigging and media bias, says Pete Buttigieg is funded by a Trump-supporting Russian oligarch, and whose Facebook is full of anti-Democratic Party and anti-Clinton stuff.

Law and Crime seems like a legit website, why is it publishing stories from some crazy Bernie or Buster with an axe to grind? Is this a story that we should be worried about getting traction or is this some crazy fringe stuff?
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2020, 06:33:56 PM »

SAD!
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2020, 06:39:01 PM »

Oh.... so I thought Law and Crime was a legitimate website only to find out that its a Dan Abrams-run glorified blog that lets different writers basically just write "news" opinion pieces... of which this author has written numerous articles already about the Reade accusation
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2020, 06:40:11 PM »

Usually I am, yeah, I'll admit that.

It sucks because for most of this month I was doing okay. When it comes to politics, the recent polling and Wisconsin Supreme Court race made me feel pretty encouraged. But now!? F*** everything!
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2020, 06:42:23 PM »

It sucks because for most of this month I was doing okay. When it comes to politics, the recent polling and Wisconsin Supreme Court race made me feel pretty encouraged. But now!? F*** everything!

Please log off and avoid the news and just take up running, pilates or yoga or something. Being so negative all the time is not just bad for your mental well-being, but also everyone else reading it all the time on the website.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2020, 06:44:25 PM »

Please log off and avoid the news and just take up running, pilates or yoga or something. Being so negative all the time is not just bad for your mental well-being, but also everyone else reading it all the time on the website.

Also stress and anxiety can have bad effects on your physical health as well. Not trying to dogpile but there's really been little movement in this Tara Reade story except that people are realizing it's BS.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2020, 06:47:13 PM »

I know, I know. I hear that ad nauseum. I can't go outside though-the weather has been s****y for weeks-and I've never been that outdoorsy to begin with.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2020, 06:47:51 PM »

Also stress and anxiety can have bad effects on your physical health as well. Not trying to dogpile but there's really been little movement in this Tara Reade story except that people are realizing it's BS.

Again, Twitter is not real life, but Twitter is also inherently not the biggest fan of Biden with so many Bernie supporters. And I'm shocked that the only trending topic right now about this whole incident after just one day is.. #IBelieveJoe.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2020, 06:55:49 PM »

Republicans would be throwing these same stories at Bernie, or Warren, or Pete, or anyone we nominated. They literally promised to do so in 2018 as revenge for Kavanaugh.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2020, 07:03:41 PM »

Republicans would be throwing these same stories at Bernie, or Warren, or Pete, or anyone we nominated. They literally promised to do so in 2018 as revenge for Kavanaugh.

Sanders doesn't have a reputation as being touchy-feely like Biden does though. And yes, that's in spite of Sander's rape fantasy story too. The first things many tend to associate with Biden are his age and him being overly affectionate and creepy. That's why these allegations have more teeth than against any other candidate. Many have feared that this would happen with Biden down the line, and I was one of them for awhile until he managed to brave the scrutiny of non-sexually touching people after apologizing for it, but I also figured they would take place during the primary or at a more harmful date like October. We at least lucked out that this didn't occur a week or two before the election, I will say that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies