Why Is The Election Season So Long? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:34:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Process (Moderator: muon2)
  Why Is The Election Season So Long? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why Is The Election Season So Long?  (Read 3801 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« on: May 25, 2020, 11:44:57 AM »

It is an anachronism, and is unnecessary.

I also question the whole Primary system.  It's just a way for more corporate money to buy candidates.  Let the Presidential nominees be chosen by the elected officials of the party.  Let state party organizations choose the delegates.  What we have now has jacked up the costs of the campaign exponentially, and that favors ONLY monied interests.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 12:15:49 PM »

It is an anachronism, and is unnecessary.

I also question the whole Primary system.  It's just a way for more corporate money to buy candidates.  Let the Presidential nominees be chosen by the elected officials of the party.  Let state party organizations choose the delegates.  What we have now has jacked up the costs of the campaign exponentially, and that favors ONLY monied interests.

How does throwing the primary elections to smoke-filled rooms not favor moneyed interests?  The politicians that are backed by those same moneyed interests would nominate their preferred candidate every time.  Boat-rockers like Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump would never have a chance in that setup, and I'm surprised you would prefer that over the voters picking their nominee directly.

It reduces the cost of elections by a drastic amount.

What we have now is a Donorpalooza.  The other way can't be worse.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies