Why Is The Election Season So Long? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:47:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Process (Moderator: muon2)
  Why Is The Election Season So Long? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why Is The Election Season So Long?  (Read 3790 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« on: April 30, 2020, 02:14:03 PM »

the US is a massive nation both population-wise and geographically so you really cant compare to other nations. Anyway even in Canada I believe the General Election takes nearly 2 months in a nation almost 10 times less populated than ours so our general election season really isn't that long.

As for the whole process , well that is cause we choose our nominees and have the general election in the same cycle while in Canada and Europe thats a separate process that are years apart.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 07:48:32 PM »

It would be nice if at least there were no ads, fund raising, or political activity of any kind allow 367 days in advance of the general election.  At least give us three years of peace.  Over my life I have watched the campaign season for the presidency grow, until now it stretches from one election day to almost the other (4 years apart).  It has become the new "reality tv".  I miss the mid 90s when hardly anyone cared about politics, hahahaha.

Wasnt the OJ Simpson case bigger than anything going around in politics in the mid 90s
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 11:07:14 PM »

the US is a massive nation both population-wise and geographically so you really cant compare to other nations. Anyway even in Canada I believe the General Election takes nearly 2 months in a nation almost 10 times less populated than ours so our general election season really isn't that long.

As for the whole process , well that is cause we choose our nominees and have the general election in the same cycle while in Canada and Europe thats a separate process that are years apart.
India has a population of 1 billion people, and while it has a lengthy election process compared to most countries it is nowhere near the year and a half long us elections.

Yah again the leaders of the respective parties know at least a year before the election starts while here the choice to select the nominees of both parties and the general election is done in the same campaign
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies