Bill De Blasio tweets subtle anti-semitic message
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:20:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bill De Blasio tweets subtle anti-semitic message
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Bill De Blasio tweets subtle anti-semitic message  (Read 5834 times)
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2020, 08:35:51 AM »

Again, this would have been arguably defensible if he had not presided over a mass wave of antisemitic violence in the months prior to the pandemic. As it is, it looks like he's trying to restart pogroms.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2020, 09:32:08 AM »

Again, this would have been arguably defensible if he had not presided over a mass wave of antisemitic violence in the months prior to the pandemic. As it is, it looks like he's trying to restart pogroms.
You do realize that most jews know who he is attacking.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2020, 09:35:02 AM »
« Edited: April 30, 2020, 09:38:09 AM by Flarda Man »

Pogroms? That’s a bit much. I’m all for the rights of people of any faith to congregate for worship. This is DeBlasio being a douche, but it’s nowhere close to a pogrom.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2020, 09:37:51 AM »

You do realize that most jews know who he is attacking.

Of course we do. We're also keenly aware that the people who will hear his words are unlikely to care.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2020, 10:02:56 AM »

DeBlasio:
Pesky (((communities))) daring to practice their Constitutional right to freedom of assembly? Round 'em up!

DeBlasio's tweet is wrong, but funerals of thousands of people are much worse. This is the middle of a pandemic, where every mass gathering is an opportunity for the disease to spread and claim more lives. People need to stop being idiots and just social distance until a safe way out of lockdown is found (ideally a federal South Korean testing and tracing system is ramped up quickly to manage new outbreaks, and then a vaccine arrives asap).

It's easy to tweet a hostile tweet against a mass constituency that's irrevocably opposed to you.

Oh yeah I'm not excusing DeBlasio's tweet, the best case is he's an idiot and the worst case is pretty bad. But his tweet didn't kill anyone, mass gatherings right now do kill people.

If people use that as an excuse to attack jews, you'd be saying his tweet is killing people.

Oh wait, nevermind, de Blasio is a Dem, so it's acceptable now.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2020, 10:05:17 AM »

Is he termed out?
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2020, 11:36:14 AM »

This was a declaration of war, not a poorly-stated tweet, and he wants everyone to know it.

Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2020, 12:14:33 PM »

This was a declaration of war, not a poorly-stated tweet, and he wants everyone to know it.

Why wasn't DeBlasio this cool when he was running for president?
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2020, 12:20:13 PM »

Why wasn't DeBlasio this cool when he was running for president?

Staying on brand, I see.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2020, 12:43:15 PM »

Is this allowed, 6 people in a room? If so this seems really bad DeBlasio? You fycked up Corona now you're going to target jewish communities in an antisemitic manner, real sh**t mayor.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2020, 01:39:20 PM »

Non-essential gatherings of all sizes are banned by Gov. Cuomo.

20+ scholars gathering indoors are an illegal gathering, even if they try to stay 6 feet apart from each other.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2020, 01:40:50 PM »
« Edited: May 01, 2020, 01:49:54 PM by Horus »

Non-essential gatherings of all sizes are banned by Gov. Cuomo.

20+ scholars welfare kings gathering indoors are an illegal gathering, even if they try to stay 6 feet apart from each other.

Ftfy
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2020, 01:42:37 PM »

I do that quoting thing too, but would you mind putting the new text in bold or italics or something so my name isn’t associated with that sentiment? Thanks
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2020, 01:43:59 PM »

This is getting out of control. They're going to end up Waco'ing people if we stay on this path.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2020, 02:41:50 PM »
« Edited: May 01, 2020, 02:45:57 PM by Everything Burns... »

This is getting out of control. They're going to end up Waco'ing people if we stay on this path.

Shouldn’t you be off tying your red laces or something?

DeBlasio:
Pesky (((communities))) daring to practice their Constitutional right to freedom of assembly? Round 'em up!

DeBlasio's tweet is wrong, but funerals of thousands of people are much worse. This is the middle of a pandemic, where every mass gathering is an opportunity for the disease to spread and claim more lives. People need to stop being idiots and just social distance until a safe way out of lockdown is found (ideally a federal South Korean testing and tracing system is ramped up quickly to manage new outbreaks, and then a vaccine arrives asap).

It's easy to tweet a hostile tweet against a mass constituency that's irrevocably opposed to you.

Oh yeah I'm not excusing DeBlasio's tweet, the best case is he's an idiot and the worst case is pretty bad. But his tweet didn't kill anyone, mass gatherings right now do kill people.

If people use that as an excuse to attack jews, you'd be saying his tweet is killing people.

Oh wait, nevermind, de Blasio is a Dem, so it's acceptable now.

I mean, De Blasio’s not the one who called a murderous pack of literal Nazis “very fine people.” 
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2020, 02:59:27 PM »

Shouldn’t you be off tying your red laces or something?
The persecution complex at work right here.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2020, 03:29:51 PM »

He also announced today that New York is several months away from opening, a claim not backed up by anyone else and one that isn't really his decision to make.

Gee, it's a good thing that the panic this comment will cause isn't likely to be taken out on any specific group...
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2020, 01:58:14 PM »

https://www.jta.org/quick-reads/2-arrested-for-allegedly-ripping-face-masks-off-jews-in-brooklyn

Jews were put on notice by the Mayor of New York, and we weren't the only ones who noticed.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2020, 03:05:28 PM »

How dare Jews be required to follow the law! Shame on that anti semite DeBlasio!
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2020, 03:15:34 PM »

How dare Jews be required to follow the law! Shame on that anti semite DeBlasio!

I see your anti-semitism transcends partisanship. Truly inspiring!
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2020, 04:11:21 PM »

I'm paralyzed with indecision about how to react to this. On the one hand, I hate De Blasio and all politicians like him who gleefully enforce stay-at-home orders just to feel powerful. On the other hand, I have zero patience for religious groups that risk creating new outbreaks just so they can get together and worship, and play identity politics games when they're called out.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2020, 04:17:02 PM »

Oh no someone ripped their masks off. Crime of the century! It's another pogrom!

The fact that you haven't been banned yet is genuinely inexplicable.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2020, 04:19:27 PM »

I'm paralyzed with indecision about how to react to this. On the one hand, I hate De Blasio and all politicians like him who gleefully enforce stay-at-home orders just to feel powerful. On the other hand, I have zero patience for religious groups that risk creating new outbreaks just so they can get together and worship, and play identity politics games when they're called out.

It's really all about context. Yes, the conduct of many ultra-religious hasidic sects is causing a massive problem. But NYC has been a hotbed for a wave of antisemitism in the last year, with hundreds of attacks that escalated into two fatal terror attacks in surrounding areas. De Blasio essentially gave license for that to heat up again, and his language made sure it would be spread out across all visible Jews.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2020, 05:11:19 PM »

Man, do you use the AS word on everyone who dare hold Jewish people accountable by the law like everyone else? How pathetic!

Everyone else is required to abide by social distancing, but it appears Jews are exempt.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2020, 05:30:00 PM »

Man, do you use the AS word on everyone who dare hold Jewish people accountable by the law like everyone else? How pathetic!

Everyone else is required to abide by social distancing, but it appears Jews are exempt.

It's pretty sick, I've seen a video or two of the NYPD assaulting black and hispanic people for being gathered in a group of four or five, but hordes of Hasidim can stampede down the street for a rabbi's funeral and nothing is done.

Thousands of people congregating yet no arrests were made at all. There is a clear and obvious double standard at work here and it's high time more New Yorkers called it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BalgiQzck2Q
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies