A Different America: 1948 Presidential election General election thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:41:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  A Different America: 1948 Presidential election General election thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Different America: 1948 Presidential election General election thread  (Read 1280 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« on: April 25, 2020, 06:37:07 PM »

Jackson decided to leave the Presidential Race alone, due to his personal dislike of President Truman, not campaigning for him but still endorsing the Truman/Barkley ticket as he believes Florida will be a lock for the Democrats in this Election.

Due to his Election being all but certain with the statewide Republican Party being non-existent, Jackson has instead campaigned across his district to win the race for the House Seat, mainly focusing on the need to promote agriculture/farming and his internationalist stance. He doesn't mention the segregation issue at all, having no true opinion on it. With this in mind, he hopes to win by a landslide.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 10:34:28 AM »

OOC : I think he would like us to detail what our characters do for the 1949-1951 and 1951-1952 years leading up to the 1952 Conventions and Elections. I'll do them myself anyway.

Congressman Jackson decided to make his name known in Congress by being a strict anti-communist and interventionist hawk, stating in several speeches in Congress "Communism is the devil of the Earth that we must fight against! We must never give up! We must never surrender! We must never concede anything to the Reds!" He pens a Anti-Appeasement Amendment and hopes to see it be passed by Congress soon. The amendment states that should a communist power, a dictatorship, or a group of terrorists demand anything for nothing, it should not be given to them and the suggestion to do so would result in a possible investigation as to why the person would do such a thing. While he does this, he also promotes agricultural reforms, stating that the more land and cash farmers have, the better they can use those resources to increase their output. Finally, he decides to build his relationship with the Florida Democratic Party, focusing on becoming friends with several state senators, fellow Congressmen, and Governor Fuller Warren, planning for a future bid either for Governor or Senator. He makes it clear that his friendship with Senator Pepper is based on mutual respect and nothing ideological. The Congressman decides to campaign for his personal friend against Representative George Smathers in the 1950 Florida Democratic Senate Primary, stating that despite their obvious ideological differences, he prefers his friend and a native Floridian to a yankee who moved south.

On his final things, he states that any military action undertaken by a communist power should be responded to quickly, with a quick destruction of their military and a push to their pre-invasion borders before a peace can be signed, stating he'd rather contain communism then try and conquer nations that already have it or let it spread. He then declares that the United States and her allies should never recognize the Communist Party as the legitimate Government of China and that it should always be Chiang Kai-Shek and his successors. The last thing he wants is a discussion in which he says the Defense Department should give as much money as possible to several nations across the world to help them develop their military and defenses against an oncoming Communist Threat. On Segregation, he continues to remain silent, knowing how truly divisive the issue can be for some, though he does applaud Governor Warren on his ideas in private.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 05:08:24 PM »

OOC : Also, I have an infobox and iirc, that'd help you increase your points and stuff, so if I need to PM it to you, I'll send it to you Jason as it's in my Wikipedia Sandbox.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 05:24:35 PM »

OOC : Also, I have an infobox and iirc, that'd help you increase your points and stuff, so if I need to PM it to you, I'll send it to you Jason as it's in my Wikipedia Sandbox.

Yea just PM it to me and you'll get your points

Alright, just sent. Also, do you think you can clear up a few of the questions we had since we were essentially clueless starting out today.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2020, 05:48:10 PM »

OOC : What time will you post Warren's first term?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies