COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:56:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19  (Read 266167 times)
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« on: July 06, 2020, 06:39:11 PM »

Masks should be mandatory nationwide when going out in public.
This. There’s no excuse. We have known about how it spreads for months now. Wearing a bit of cloth and wire over your face in public is a tiny price to pay for tens of thousands of lives saved. The fact that some still object to it is more a confirmation of their infantile attitude than it is genuine concern for the health of Americans.
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 06:53:46 PM »

I've started to move towards this viewpoint as well, after initially expressing my opposition to such mandates from government (though I would still prefer that businesses mandate them). I came back from work not too long, and as I've noted on here before, the number of people not wearing masks absolutely frustrates me. 40-50% of customers are not wearing them, and many of my fellow employees do not bother to wear their masks when they are not on the clock. I saw at least six of them going around, through the store, maskless, when they were on their breaks or whatever.

And what makes it doubly ironic is that my store posted signs last week saying that masks are required "per local ordinance" (even though no such order has been issued in El Paso County). If it weren't for Governor Polis' order back in late April, the vast majority of the employees at that store would be gladly going about maskless. They simply do not care. Many of them are my generation (in their teens and twenties), and they think that they are invincible to this virus. It's absolutely frustrating that there are so many ignorant people in this country.

One would think that object permanence would be readily understood. It’s something we’re taught as toddlers. The fact that mommy covers her face in her hands doesn’t mean she went away when playing peekaboo.

These people are less competent than your average first grader.
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 07:57:38 PM »

As I said: object permanence. How is this so hard for so many people to understand?
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 02:58:59 PM »

Trump has withdrawn the US from WHO:

Ahhh, I love having our country isolated from international institutional relevance through a series of self-inflicted wounds based on empty nationalistic rhetoric... /s
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 07:10:33 PM »

“The scary media is attempting to coup the US and turn us into an authoritarian society!”

I remind Atlas that this guy was the same one who called me and Beet “Chickensh1ts” who panicked over nothing.

You’re lucky that I just bought popcorn at the grocery store today. 🍿
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2020, 07:19:06 PM »

Masks are this generation’s TSA.

#SecurityTheater
Ah, yes. Seatbelts are fake news, cigarettes don’t cause cancer, and spoons didn’t make Rosie O’Donnell fat. Got it.
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2020, 01:43:06 PM »

I think it’s much more likely that the Deep State has falsified the tests.

Ah yes. UN soldiers in black helicopters coming to enforce Agenda 21 and depopulate the United States and take your guns and make Islam the official state religion. /s
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2020, 04:50:57 AM »

Wow! Leave it to the SAD, LOW-RATINGS newspaper industry! Who even reads them? Must have all been written by BOTS!

/s in case it wasn’t obvious
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2020, 09:24:20 PM »

Ppl understand the process imo, i just don't think that they care unless they are directly affected

Add an infantile inability to perceive object permanence to that.
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2020, 09:07:07 PM »

“He’s delusional. Take him to the infirmary.”
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies