COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:59:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19  (Read 262186 times)
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« on: April 19, 2020, 06:51:24 PM »

anyone else wanting to go out and join one of these protests against the quarantine? heard there was one in Nashville today, should have gone but I was tied up in Knox :<
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 08:56:45 PM »

anyone else wanting to go out and join one of these protests against the quarantine? heard there was one in Nashville today, should have gone but I was tied up in Knox :<

obvious troll is trolling. reported.
He isn’t a troll, he just is greatly uninformed as to the severity of the crisis.

I mean, I'm greatly informed as to the severity that this crises poses to young people who are just starting out their careers. My wife and I are lucky that we are "essential employees" but I worry about all the other people our age just starting out and what this hysteria has done to the economy.

I'm honestly not worried about the elderly and immunocompromised. They can quarantine of their own accord, if they wish, but at least where I live, it seems like the older people are the least likely to do so, so I mean that's on them.

Like I said, if I die I die lol it's fine not like I care.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 04:26:58 PM »

89 of Tennessee's 95 counties will have "the vast majority" of businesses open on May 1st, with some things set to open on April 27th.  The 6 exceptions are the Big 4 Cities plus Madison and Sullivan Counties.

https://www.tn.gov/governor/news/2020/4/20/gov--lee-announces-safer-at-home-order-will-expire-april-30--tennessee-begins-phased-reopening-next-week.html

YES Purple heart
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 12:24:02 AM »

DJIA gonna be at 35,000 by year end am I right??

waitin on that Nike swoosh shaped recovery
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2020, 11:03:03 AM »

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-03/pompeo-says-enormous-evidence-links-virus-to-wuhan-laboratory

the Chinese gov must pay!
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2020, 12:35:44 PM »

Not directly related to US, but a huge deal if true: Now there are reports the first Covid19 case in France could be dating back to November 2019. For reference, the PRC informed WHO on December 31. Haven't seen US media picking this up yet, but if confirmed, we may be talking about a much earlier spread in the US and elsewhere.

I've been saying this for a while, I don't know if it was like this where you guys live but here, EVERYONE was sick like constantly between November and mid-late January. Like, it seemed like everyone I knew (including my wife and myself) got sick with weird respiratory sh**t back during the winter, and everyone I know who went to the doctor for it said they tested for the flu but it wasn't the flu, just "unknown upper respiratory infection" was the diagnosis.

I really think this has been going around longer than people realize, and everyone was fine.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2020, 11:38:01 AM »

Trump needs to stop being a coward and assemble a coalition of the willing to turn their full might on the Chinese government in retaliation for all this.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2020, 04:49:22 PM »

bruh some of my friends on facebook were sharing this thing that said that 90% of ppl who got covid infections got it in their own damn house.

now why tf was lockdown a thing then?? that's messed up brah.

it's times like this i am glad i live in a red state where the gov won't shut us down again.

i'd actually rather die than live through quarantine a second time, and i think a lot of ppl feel the same way.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2020, 06:13:25 PM »

bruh some of my friends on facebook were sharing this thing that said that 90% of ppl who got covid infections got it in their own damn house.

now why tf was lockdown a thing then?? that's messed up brah.

it's times like this i am glad i live in a red state where the gov won't shut us down again.

i'd actually rather die than live through quarantine a second time, and i think a lot of ppl feel the same way.
“Nearly 98-99% of car accidents involved cars that had seatbelts installed in them! Now that’s messed up brah! Thank god I personally sawed my seatbelts off like any normal person would do!
I’d rather actually die than wear the tight nylon chain of oppression!”

bruh the post they were sharing was from a very reputable news organization, something like AMERICANPATRIOTNEWSONE DOT NET lmao
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2020, 07:20:41 PM »

I hope to God that they don't shut everything down again or I'm gonna be pissed.

Let those of us who don't give a sh**t take our chances. Possibly getting covid comes with the territory and we all know it.

The people who are so worried should just stay in their house. The Stasi aren't going to come to your house and force you to go to Red Lobster, damn.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2020, 08:19:47 PM »

I hope to God that they don't shut everything down again or I'm gonna be pissed.

Let those of us who don't give a sh**t take our chances. Possibly getting covid comes with the territory and we all know it.

The people who are so worried should just stay in their house. The Stasi aren't going to come to your house and force you to go to Red Lobster, damn.
Honestly there should be a deliberate infection program for people like you. If you want, you will  be deliberately infected but will be placed under house arrest (to prevent spread) as long as you test positive. Afterwards, you are free to do whatever you want no matter how many cases there are. The caveat is that you will be denied any medical assistance if needed. You will be in your home no matter how sick you get.

I'd be good with that tbh. I have weak lungs so I'm somebody who could probably be really in danger from covid but it's not like anybody cares. I can't allow myself to be stagnant.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2020, 09:14:41 PM »

Honestly there should be a deliberate infection program for people like you. If you want, you will  be deliberately infected but will be placed under house arrest (to prevent spread) as long as you test positive. Afterwards, you are free to do whatever you want no matter how many cases there are. The caveat is that you will be denied any medical assistance if needed. You will be in your home no matter how sick you get.

I'd be good with that tbh. I have weak lungs so I'm somebody who could probably be really in danger from covid but it's not like anybody cares. I can't allow myself to be stagnant.

The American 24/7 Hustle culture has really hit peak insanity.

I don't like putting s**t on hold either, but damn, saying you'd rather die than lose a couple of months of work is beyond me...

The analogy I've come to think of is that I think it's absurd that you are told to seek shelter for distant lightning.  Sure, a thunderstorm in the distance marginally increases your risk of getting struck, but the point of life is not simply to maximize the number of years you are physically alive.  At a certain point, the reward of actually living your life outweighs the marginal increase in risk.  Don't get me wrong- I want to live a long life, but that's not the only thing that I want.

Plus, I know that, if I were to die today, I would be going to Heaven.

If I died I'd be going straight to hell lol
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2020, 05:20:25 PM »

Hell has made one extra space for you in July, 2020.

For citizens of Nashville, Tennessee, the end is nigh.

https://www.newsweek.com/tennessee-newspaper-apologizes-running-horrific-anti-islam-ad-1512415

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbCu3cbX0AEqaem.jpg

This article was published in "The Tennessean" newspaper 21 June 2020.

On July 18, 2020, fundamental Islamic terrorists are going to detonate a nuclear weapon.

That will really cap off a big 2020.

And those fine people are not the only End of Times cult in Nashville either:

I must admit, I much prefer the town being over run by cats as opposed to the nuclear apocalypse.

You hate to see it.

Also I live far enough from Nashville that the nuke probably wouldn't kill me instantly, at least lmao. I'd get on Atlas and say goodbye b4 I died of radiation poisoning.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2020, 05:23:53 PM »

also u guys do realize that if they do quarantine again, a lot more people are going to die of suicide, drug overdose, alcoholism or what have u then will probably be killed by the virus. at least I imagine so.

quarantine made life so depressing.

also not to mention I think quarantining screwed up everybody's immune systems. I was WFH for a month and I've seriously got randomly sick (with sh**t other than covid) twice since then. I didn't even get sick twice in all of 2019, I don't think.

I really do think a second quarantine would kill far more people (and younger people with more years ahead of them at that) than keeping everything open would.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2020, 05:26:19 PM »

also u guys do realize that if they do quarantine again, a lot more people are going to die of suicide, drug overdose, alcoholism or what have u then will probably be killed by the virus.
do u have actual numbers n stats for that brah?

nah it's just what I feel like will happen based on like, how ppl are. at least around where I live.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2020, 05:52:05 PM »

sounds like it's time to start thinking about wiping China off the face of the planet ngl
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2020, 01:44:08 PM »

How many places in the U.S. have started having festivals again? About a month ago, I read that a festival in Pennsylvania went on like normal. A week ago, we had what was supposedly a small festival here, but nobody showed up. Riverfest is a festival in Cincinnati that takes place each Labor Day weekend, but that's already been canceled.

As of now, the Kentucky State Fair will still be taking place in late August.

here in TN we have. i'm so happy about it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies