COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:14:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19  (Read 266413 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« on: April 20, 2020, 11:24:17 AM »

Even Washington isn’t free of this idiocy. I will say, though, it’s always priceless when someone uses the word “idiot” and then proceeds to misspell something.

Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 02:40:45 PM »

I remember when disasters and tragedies brought us together.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 01:48:39 PM »

I definitely get people feeling impatient (my county probably isn't going to be moving to phase 2 soon, since we're already above the "10 new cases per 100,000 in two weeks" threshold set for June 1st), but my county has also been seen as a model of how to address this crisis. Washington was the epicenter back in early March, and since then, we've dropped from 1st in total cases to 20th, and well below the national average. Taking this slowly and being careful might be frustrating, but it's pretty clearly literally saved lives.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 03:56:58 PM »

He’s going this mad and it’s only May? We’re so screwed.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2020, 12:54:51 AM »

I am legitimately worried about schools re-opening this fall. The size of my classroom and the hallways really don’t allow for social distancing unless we’re at about 25% of normal capacity. I could maybe fit 8-9 students in my classroom with distance in between them, and that’s assuming that they don’t move an inch throughout the entire period. And that’s not even getting into the issue of having enough classroom materials for each student and keeping them cleaned consistently without extended time in between periods. We’re not prepared for this, especially schools that get less funding.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2020, 06:45:55 PM »

My state and county are a good example of how things can get really bad again after everything was seemingly under control. We were the “model of the country” for months after initially being hard hit, and as soon as everyone decided to let their guard down, cases are spiking again, worse than they’ve been since March. Reopening really only works when a large majority take it seriously, and don’t let down their guard too quickly. Sadly, a lot of young people are just assuming that the virus is yesterday’s news (“COVID is sooooo last March!”) and that everything’s totally fine now. If we jump the gun on more, like opening schools too quickly, things are going to get much worse and fast.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies