COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 02:48:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 ... 201
Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19  (Read 270386 times)
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2350 on: May 18, 2020, 01:26:31 PM »

4 U.S. Code § 8. Respect for flag
(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery.

(e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.
(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.

(j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform.

To be fair (at least back home where I grew up in Texas), pretty much everybody and their mother violates flag code to some extent or another -- at least with regards to wearing the flag as part of clothing, embroidering the flag on "cushions or handkerchiefs and the like", etc. etc.  And every NFL team apparently violates flag code with the decal on the back of the helmet.   
"It's only disrespectful when libs do it."
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2351 on: May 18, 2020, 01:28:11 PM »

Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #2352 on: May 18, 2020, 01:31:28 PM »
« Edited: May 18, 2020, 02:30:56 PM by Crumpets »

Lmao reopening is exactly what this country should be doing. The states that reopened are no worse off than the states stuck in lockdown and the lockdown is ruining the economy everywhere. But muh 80 year olds I guess

Most states have barely done large scale openings and a couple states like Texas have seen recent spikes I believe.

It’s also not just 80 year old grandma’s dying that we need to be concerned about. There’s evidence this causes lung damage even in cases that have no symptoms.

Not to mention the fact that our medical workers have been working overtime in pretty fraught conditions for over two months now. And I don't know about you, but if I go to the doctor for whatever reason, I would like them to have had 8 hours of sleep the previous night and have access to all the equipment they need.

Even if we accept a certain level of new cases every day, it absolutely has to be a manageable level for our health infrastructure or actual COVID deaths will be the least of our concerns. Some areas have probably hit that threshold for reopening, but a heck of a lot have not.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2353 on: May 18, 2020, 03:05:52 PM »

All of this is the greatest self sabotage of all time - after 9/11, forever wars, and the Great Recession we were on target for immense peace and prosperity. And then society decided to lose its sh**t and react irrationally and irresponsibly. It’s important to remember, all of the response (reaction) was a choice.

Warning of the Fermi Paradox, as well....

Correct. We should have put all international travelers on 14 day quarantine in late January & did aggressive test & trace. That would have reduced this by 99%.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2354 on: May 18, 2020, 03:17:46 PM »

Note: This is CCP propaganda, it is exaggerated/twisted to make America look bad, it isn’t reflective of the real situation and I do not endorse the message or content. Although the voice-actors aren’t all that bad.
However, I stumbled on this video and it’s everything I feared/anticipated. The CCP is now using our awful excuse of a response to make us look bad, and this time, they may be successful.

Our continued denial of the problem has and will continue to devastate our chances of keeping up with the PRC. Especially as we hemorrhage our reputation and make the PRC look better in comparison to our allies.
I warned for weeks how our virus response would hurt our global position against the PRC, and how virus-downplayers were unwittingly helping Winnie the Pooh. Well here is the first sneak peak at their propaganda strategies over the next few years, it’s scarily good and should be extremely concerning (and not in a Susan Collins way)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5BZ09iNdvo
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2355 on: May 18, 2020, 03:34:22 PM »

Has he tested positive and is concealing it?
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2356 on: May 18, 2020, 04:06:43 PM »

Or he's lying about taking it. Either seems equally likely. (Or his babysitters are giving him placebos in a bottle labeled 'hydroxychloroquine' just to get him to shut up about it.)

FDA warns about hydroxychloroquine dangers, citing serious heart issues, including death
The Food and Drug Administration warned Friday that doctors should not use the malaria drugs chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine to treat covid-19 patients outside a hospital or a clinical trial, citing reports of “serious heart rhythm problems.”

Anti-malarial drug Trump touted is linked to higher rates of death in VA coronavirus patients, study says
The study by VA and academic researchers analyzed outcomes of 368 male patients nationwide, with 97 receiving hydroxychloroquine, 113 receiving hydroxychloroquine in combination with the antibiotic azithromycin, and 158 not receiving any hydroxychloroquine.

Rates of death in the groups treated with the drugs were worse than those who did not receive the drugs, the study found. Rates of patients on ventilators were roughly equal, with no benefit demonstrated by the drugs.

More than 27 percent of patients treated with hydroxychloroquine died, and 22 percent of those treated with the combination therapy died, compared with an 11.4 percent death rate in those not treated with the drugs, the study said. The results were from an observational study of outcomes and were not part of a randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial, which is the gold standard for testing drugs.

Hopefully the coward Donald Trump survives drinking his own Kool-Aid. Our nation needs to see him legally removed from office and then prosecuted for his crimes, not martyred by his own idiocy.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2357 on: May 18, 2020, 04:18:43 PM »

I don't see any way that a White House doctor would prescribe him this for no reason at all.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #2358 on: May 18, 2020, 04:19:30 PM »

Or he's lying about taking it. Either seems equally likely. (Or his babysitters are giving him placebos in a bottle labeled 'hydroxychloroquine' just to get him to shut up about it.)

FDA warns about hydroxychloroquine dangers, citing serious heart issues, including death
The Food and Drug Administration warned Friday that doctors should not use the malaria drugs chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine to treat covid-19 patients outside a hospital or a clinical trial, citing reports of “serious heart rhythm problems.”

Anti-malarial drug Trump touted is linked to higher rates of death in VA coronavirus patients, study says
The study by VA and academic researchers analyzed outcomes of 368 male patients nationwide, with 97 receiving hydroxychloroquine, 113 receiving hydroxychloroquine in combination with the antibiotic azithromycin, and 158 not receiving any hydroxychloroquine.

Rates of death in the groups treated with the drugs were worse than those who did not receive the drugs, the study found. Rates of patients on ventilators were roughly equal, with no benefit demonstrated by the drugs.

More than 27 percent of patients treated with hydroxychloroquine died, and 22 percent of those treated with the combination therapy died, compared with an 11.4 percent death rate in those not treated with the drugs, the study said. The results were from an observational study of outcomes and were not part of a randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial, which is the gold standard for testing drugs.

Hopefully the coward Donald Trump survives drinking his own Kool-Aid. Our nation needs to see him legally removed from office and then prosecuted for his crimes, not martyred by his own idiocy.

Either he's being dangerously irresponsible with his own health taking a drug against medical guidelines, or he's lying about taking it to encourage others to take it, and thus being dangerously irresponsible with their health.

In a sane society none of this would not be allowed to continue.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #2359 on: May 18, 2020, 04:27:00 PM »

Part of me doesn't believe him because he lies about everything, but part of me also believes him because he's an idiot.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2360 on: May 18, 2020, 04:29:29 PM »

I don't see any way that a White House doctor would prescribe him this for no reason at all.

He's clearly lying. He's been pitching it for weeks so of course when facts came out to prove it has no benefit (but in fact makes things worse) he's going to double down and do whatever he can to convince people he was right all along.

The problem for him is its getting harder and harder to prove his lie isn't a lie so now he has to bury himself in even more lies.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #2361 on: May 18, 2020, 04:47:33 PM »

I don’t want to go into details but as someone who’s actually taken this, I hope he gets every side effect I did.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2362 on: May 18, 2020, 05:15:41 PM »

He said he asked the White House doctor if he could take it and the doctor said he could take it if he wanted to.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2363 on: May 18, 2020, 05:21:07 PM »

From the Guardian liveblog:

Trump’s use of hydroxychloroquine doesn’t appear to fit within the FDA’s Emergency use authorization of the drug as a treatment for coronavirus. The president said he asked the White House doctor if he could take the antimalarial drug. “He said, well, if you’d like it.”

The Emergency Use Authorization is very specific. It “allows chloroquine phosphate and hydroxychloroquine sulfate donated to the Strategic National Stockpile (SNS) and distributed to states to be used by licensed health care providers to treat adults and teens hospitalized with COVID-19 who weigh more than 50 kg (110 pounds)“ according to the FDA.

It does not authorize the use of the dug as a preventative treatment.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2364 on: May 18, 2020, 05:22:29 PM »

Lmao reopening is exactly what this country should be doing. The states that reopened are no worse off than the states stuck in lockdown and the lockdown is ruining the economy everywhere. But muh 80 year olds I guess

Perhaps you should come back when you have at least a clue of what you’re talking about. The facts are that, while the elderly are disproportionately likely to be severely affected, they are far from the only group; we don’t even know the full extent of what this virus can do to people. There are young males developing fertility issues, school age children developing a severe and potentially fatal inflammatory condition weeks after contracting the virus and barely displaying symptoms, and who knows what else may come from this virus.

You guys are p*ssy because for the first time in many Americans lives, they’re being asked to place responsibility before rights. We’re being asked to do a few fairly simple, albeit inconvenient and economic challenging, set of tasks to protect the welfare of others. And the millions of folks like you who can’t be asked to make sacrifices for others without throwing a tantrum are getting very, very tiresome.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2365 on: May 18, 2020, 05:24:08 PM »

All of this is the greatest self sabotage of all time - after 9/11, forever wars, and the Great Recession we were on target for immense peace and prosperity. And then society decided to lose its sh**t and react irrationally and irresponsibly. It’s important to remember, all of the response (reaction) was a choice.

Warning of the Fermi Paradox, as well....

That would probably be electing Donald Trump. As he is incapable of competent leadership, America was probably always doomed with him as President sadly.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2366 on: May 18, 2020, 05:24:37 PM »

If Trump is really taking hydroxychloroquine on a regular basis what are the odds that Mike Pence will become President before November?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2367 on: May 18, 2020, 05:37:07 PM »

Actually, this would explain a lot:

Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2368 on: May 18, 2020, 05:53:41 PM »

Fewest since March 30th.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #2369 on: May 18, 2020, 06:06:08 PM »

Note: This is CCP propaganda, it is exaggerated/twisted to make America look bad, it isn’t reflective of the real situation and I do not endorse the message or content. Although the voice-actors aren’t all that bad.
However, I stumbled on this video and it’s everything I feared/anticipated. The CCP is now using our awful excuse of a response to make us look bad, and this time, they may be successful.

Our continued denial of the problem has and will continue to devastate our chances of keeping up with the PRC. Especially as we hemorrhage our reputation and make the PRC look better in comparison to our allies.
I warned for weeks how our virus response would hurt our global position against the PRC, and how virus-downplayers were unwittingly helping Winnie the Pooh. Well here is the first sneak peak at their propaganda strategies over the next few years, it’s scarily good and should be extremely concerning (and not in a Susan Collins way)

Coronavirus has made both the US and the PRC look terrible. There is more external anger at the PRC, so they are hurt more in international affairs.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2370 on: May 18, 2020, 06:10:01 PM »

Coronavirus has made both the US and the PRC look terrible. There is more external anger at the PRC, so they are hurt more in international affairs.
It has, and the PRC didn’t improve their image from this, rather, they hurt their image less than we have so far. The only thing that would change that is a damning discovery/whistleblower.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #2371 on: May 18, 2020, 06:23:38 PM »

I had really weird dreams when I took it. Maybe this all one of my hydroxychloroquine dreams I've been stuck in for nine years.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #2372 on: May 18, 2020, 06:46:55 PM »

A small-town weekly newspaper in rural southern Minnesota is trying to convince county and town officials to fly the flag upside-down because their "constitu­tional rights are presently being denied by Minnesota’s Stay at Home order."

"Fly Flag Upside Down"
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2373 on: May 18, 2020, 07:12:41 PM »

I had really weird dreams when I took it. Maybe this all one of my hydroxychloroquine dreams I've been stuck in for nine years.

You can read, so you're good. 👍
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #2374 on: May 18, 2020, 07:22:23 PM »

Twist ending! Our entire reality has just been your dream! Someone call M. Night Shyamalan! We need to make this a movie!
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 ... 201  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies