COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:37:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 201
Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19  (Read 266523 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: April 24, 2020, 12:28:46 PM »

President of the USA:

„Inject yourself with disinfectants to cure the virus.“

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #701 on: April 24, 2020, 12:29:02 PM »

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #702 on: April 24, 2020, 12:46:13 PM »

Seriously, how stupid is this guy? Injecting disinfectant is a de facto a call to commit suicide.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #703 on: April 24, 2020, 12:48:10 PM »

Words have consequences:

Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #704 on: April 24, 2020, 12:59:06 PM »

In their rush to count cases, Gov Wolf’s Dept of Health overinflated COVID-19 deaths and stepped on the toes of county coroners.  More than 200 deaths have been removed from the state’s tally.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #705 on: April 24, 2020, 01:04:40 PM »

Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #706 on: April 24, 2020, 01:48:00 PM »

"I see the disenfectant knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we could do something like that? By... injection inside or... almost a cleaning, cause you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number and so I'd be interested to check that"

Denaturation and oxidation of healthy living cells.  Throwing off the very delicate pH balance of the blood and potentially inducing metabolic alkalosis.  A cascade of alkali necrosis as the agent enters the bloodstream.  

Good. Lord.  

You are Fake news!!!!

I can't tell if this is ironic or not. If it is, bravo. If not, consider that you've just told a med student that she's fake news.

He's right.  I should have said "hyperchloremic alkalosis". 
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #707 on: April 24, 2020, 01:57:23 PM »

Why is it when the President suggests drinking hand sanitizer he's an "innovative genius", but when I drink hand sanitizer I'm an "alcoholic" who "has a drinking problem?"
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #708 on: April 24, 2020, 02:05:37 PM »

Omega21

« Reply #709 on: April 24, 2020, 02:12:32 PM »

"I see the disenfectant knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we could do something like that? By... injection inside or... almost a cleaning, cause you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number and so I'd be interested to check that"

Denaturation and oxidation of healthy living cells.  Throwing off the very delicate pH balance of the blood and potentially inducing metabolic alkalosis.  A cascade of alkali necrosis as the agent enters the bloodstream.  

Good. Lord.  

You are Fake news!!!!

I can't tell if this is ironic or not. If it is, bravo. If not, consider that you've just told a med student that she's fake news.

Bruh, seriously...

I'm a European Conservative, have things gone so far down the crapper in the US that my post can actually be taken in any way other than irony? Sad

If so, then... GHAA, God Help America Again.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #710 on: April 24, 2020, 02:13:52 PM »

Good. Lord.  

You are Fake news!!!!

Bruh, seriously...

I'm a European Conservative, have things gone so far down the crapper in the US that my post can actually be taken in any way other than irony? Sad

If so GHAA, God Help America Again.

You do realize that you were responding to an Australian?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #711 on: April 24, 2020, 02:15:09 PM »

That should be uncle Joe's message.

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #712 on: April 24, 2020, 02:17:01 PM »

Another Navy warship at sea reports a coronavirus outbreak

A Navy statement said at least 18 members of the crew of a destroyer, the USS Kidd, have tested positive and it expects the number to grow. It said it is evaluating the extent of the outbreak aboard the ship. The Kidd is in the Caribbean, where it has been operating as part of a counter-drug mission. The Navy said it has a crew of about 350.
kyc0705

« Reply #713 on: April 24, 2020, 02:17:03 PM »

Who could have guessed that 2020 would feature a revival of the Tide Pod Challenge?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #714 on: April 24, 2020, 02:17:58 PM »

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.04.20053058v1

Maybe what many places have done in banning outdoor farmer's markets even though grocery stores have continued to operate wasn't such a great idea.
Omega21

« Reply #715 on: April 24, 2020, 02:23:34 PM »

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.04.20053058v1

Maybe what many places have done in banning outdoor farmer's markets even though grocery stores have continued to operate wasn't such a great idea.

Well considering the fact that UV seems to kill it pretty fast both on surfaces and in the air it's a logical conclusion.

I assume that's why we get the flu spikes in Autumn/Winter.

Plus, cold and dry air is heaven for viruses, and people tend to spend more time in closed spaces under those conditions.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #716 on: April 24, 2020, 02:32:56 PM »

Another day another 30k new cases on the table
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #717 on: April 24, 2020, 02:35:57 PM »

https://thebulwark.com/we-cannot-reopen-america/

The movement to “reopen” America is a fallacy based on a fantasy.

The fallacy is the notion that lifting stay-at-home orders will result in people going back to their normal routines. This is false. The state-issued stay-at-home orders did not determine most people’s desires to stay home—they merely ratified behaviors that the vast majority of people and institutions were already adopting in response to COVID-19.

The fantasy is that we can go back to what the world looked like 12 weeks ago. This is not possible now and will not be possible until we possess a vaccine for the novel coronavirus.

Understand that I am not saying that stay-at-home orders should be indefinite. What I am saying is that whenever the stay-at-home orders are rolled back—whether it is tomorrow or a month from now—it will not result in anything like a “reopening” of the country.  And the sooner people grasp how completely and fundamentally the world has changed, the faster we’ll be able to adapt to this new reality.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #718 on: April 24, 2020, 02:41:32 PM »

Another day another 30k new cases on the table

Given the findings of the serology studies, I’m not sure the number of new cases is particular relevant anymore.  I imagine we could find 300k new cases per day if we looked hard enough.  Spain’s reported cases jumped 50% today compared to recent days, but they also just started counting serologic positives as new cases.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #719 on: April 24, 2020, 02:42:01 PM »

Businesses in Georgia that reopened are reporting they're not getting any customers pretty much. One barber shop in Atlanta reported on fridays they usually get 80 to 100 people but so far today they only got 2
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #720 on: April 24, 2020, 02:42:18 PM »

We now have to tell people not to ingest Clorox because the president is an idiot.
BUT HER EMAILS!!! HUNTER BIDEN!!!
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #721 on: April 24, 2020, 02:45:30 PM »

I think that given the decrease in new cases+testing situation, parts of Eastern Oregon, West Virginia, and rural Missouri can probably safely reopen soon.
Overall the NW US (WA, OR, MT, ID) is really improving.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #722 on: April 24, 2020, 02:50:38 PM »

Businesses in Georgia that reopened are reporting they're not getting any customers pretty much. One barber shop in Atlanta reported on fridays they usually get 80 to 100 people but so far today they only got 2

Hair stylists are doing a good business today: https://www.ajc.com/news/lines-start-early-for-haircuts-georgia-begins-open/jWJvWglc5N7RlQt1Z6oDTN/.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #723 on: April 24, 2020, 03:14:31 PM »

The leader of a bleach-drinking cult wrote to Trump days before he suggested the use of disinfectants as treatments for humans suffering from the coronavirus

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/24/revealed-leader-group-peddling-bleach-cure-lobbied-trump-coronavirus
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #724 on: April 24, 2020, 03:16:51 PM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/lysol-manufacturer-warns-against-internal-use-after-trump-comments-n1191586?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

"WASHINGTON — The manufacturer of Lysol, a disinfectant spray and cleaning product, and the EPA both issued statements warning against any internal use after President Donald Trump suggested that people could get an "injection" of "the disinfectant that knocks (coronavirus) out in a minute."

"As a global leader in health and hygiene products, we must be clear that under no circumstance should our disinfectant products be administered into the human body (through injection, ingestion or any other route)," said a spokesperson for Reckitt Benckiser, the United Kingdom-based owner of Lysol, in a statement to NBC News."

Dubya got a bad rap. This guy is obviously the dumbest President in US history.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 201  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies