COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:01:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 178 179 ... 201
Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19  (Read 266045 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4325 on: July 10, 2020, 06:32:07 AM »

I can't believe how Florida and DeSantis just gave up on managing the virus. It's nuts.

That Walmart/Home Depot comment about schools was bad. Even for DeSantis's standards.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #4326 on: July 10, 2020, 06:37:53 AM »

I can't believe how Florida and DeSantis just gave up on managing the virus. It's nuts.

He's so far up sh1t creek without a paddle.  If he orders a full shutdown (or even a partial shutdown), it will force him to recognize that his handling of the crisis has been poor and people will go ballistic.  They won't listen, anyway. 
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4327 on: July 10, 2020, 08:41:44 AM »

Winning.

I’m tired of winning. I need a therapist for all of the victory fatigue!
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4328 on: July 10, 2020, 08:59:55 AM »

We just got tested. I’ll you tell you how it went. It was only kind of bad for a second because  I’m always dealing with my sinuses anyways.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #4329 on: July 10, 2020, 09:56:21 AM »

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #4330 on: July 10, 2020, 11:45:30 AM »

Good grief!!!
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix

« Reply #4331 on: July 10, 2020, 12:25:48 PM »

Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #4332 on: July 10, 2020, 12:50:50 PM »

If only.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4333 on: July 10, 2020, 01:05:44 PM »

Looks like China is warning the World of a new pneumonia in Kazakhstan.
If correct, I wonder how many Atlas posters will continue with the “China always bad” narrative? Heck, maybe they will blame the evil CCP for it. Who knows these days?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4334 on: July 10, 2020, 01:28:40 PM »

Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4335 on: July 10, 2020, 02:11:49 PM »
« Edited: July 10, 2020, 02:14:50 PM by Neither Holy Nor Roman 👁️ »

Phoenix Mayor: Abrazo nearly out of morgue space, may be requesting refrigerated trucks

PHOENIX — Phoenix Mayor Kate Gallego says one Abrazo location is nearing capacity in its morgue and may be requesting refrigerated trucks.

ABC15 spoke with Mayor Gallego Friday morning when she said the Abrazo location, which was not identified, is "near capacity" in their morgue space and they are looking at options to prevent problems.

“It’s specific just to one area…this is not a statewide problem,” Mayor Gallego said. "Maricopa County... is looking at everything they can do..."

In other news, the positivity rate in Miami is apparently 33.5% today. I think maybe they don't have enough tests being processed. Just a hunch.

I think for the bigger picture though, the most important news is:

a) The national death moving average is clearly going to continue moving up today.
b) Louisiana reporting 2,642 new cases, just shy of their all-time high of 2,726 from way back in April 2.
c) Virginia spiking up to 943 new cases, the highest since June 7.
d) Montana with 127 new cases, the first time to break 100 and with a clear exponential rise from basically 0 just 1 month ago.
e) Ohio with 1,540 new cases, and now consistently posting ~1k+ cases per day.
f) Wisconsin is reporting an all-time high of 889 new cases.
g) It is getting increasingly hard to find states that are in a down-trend. Even New York, for example, has flat-lined over the last few weeks rather than going down.

These things are all important because they are indications that as much as we may talk about select localities such as Houston/Miami/Phoenix or particular states, this is a national problem that is continuing to get worse on the national level, pretty much everywhere.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #4336 on: July 10, 2020, 02:18:12 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he say there would be a vaccine "very soon" back in, like, February?
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4337 on: July 10, 2020, 02:20:46 PM »

At Least 82 Coronavirus Cases Linked To Missouri Sleepaway Camp

A COVID-19 outbreak has forced a Christian sleepaway camp in Missouri to shut down after dozens of staff, campers and counselors tested positive for the coronavirus.

The Kanakuk K-2 camp in Lampe, just north of the Arkansas border, closed after 41 campers, counselors and staff became infected with the coronavirus, the Stone County Health Department announced last week.

Four days later, local health officials said the number of infections had doubled, to 82. Many of those who tested positive had already left the camp and returned home, with cases in at least 10 states and to multiple counties in Missouri.

Seems like opening schools nationwide for in-person indoor classes ASAP is a great idea under these circumstances. What could possibly go wrong? Certainly not anything that anyone could hope to foresee...
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4338 on: July 10, 2020, 02:23:58 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he say there would be a vaccine "very soon" back in, like, February?

It's like repeatedly predicting a solar eclipse will happen soon.  Eventually it will be correct if you keep it up long enough.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4339 on: July 10, 2020, 02:36:48 PM »

At Least 82 Coronavirus Cases Linked To Missouri Sleepaway Camp

A COVID-19 outbreak has forced a Christian sleepaway camp in Missouri to shut down after dozens of staff, campers and counselors tested positive for the coronavirus.

The Kanakuk K-2 camp in Lampe, just north of the Arkansas border, closed after 41 campers, counselors and staff became infected with the coronavirus, the Stone County Health Department announced last week.

Four days later, local health officials said the number of infections had doubled, to 82. Many of those who tested positive had already left the camp and returned home, with cases in at least 10 states and to multiple counties in Missouri.

Seems like opening schools nationwide for in-person indoor classes ASAP is a great idea under these circumstances. What could possibly go wrong? Certainly not anything that anyone could hope to foresee...
My already overcrowded high school is reopening at full capacity. This is in the county with the second most cases in the state. Even worse, they aren’t offering a good online option, literally none of my classes I was going to take are offered at their horrid online “education” program. They also are forcing kids to make a decision on what to do for the rest of the year in ten days. This is the reality for kids across America.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4340 on: July 10, 2020, 02:51:13 PM »

Georgia officials are racing to expand hospital capacity to cope with soaring numbers of coronavirus cases, unveiling plans Friday to reopen a makeshift hospital at the state's sprawling convention center and negotiations with a local hospital system.

Gov. Brian Kemp's office said the temporary hospital at the Georgia World Congress Center, which opened in April and shuttered a month later, will soon be reactivated to help relieve healthcare systems struggling with rising numbers of patients.

https://www.ajc.com/blog/politics/georgia-reactive-makeshift-hospital-atlanta-convention-center/0mQrnN9qhxmOEfIwVK0CzO/
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4341 on: July 10, 2020, 03:42:56 PM »

It's like repeatedly predicting a solar eclipse will happen soon.  Eventually it will be correct if you keep it up long enough.

I mean solar eclipses can be predicted for basically all eternity with the exact date and time.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #4342 on: July 10, 2020, 03:54:45 PM »

I mean solar eclipses can be predicted for basically all eternity with the exact date and time.
Not true.
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4343 on: July 10, 2020, 04:06:05 PM »

Not true.

Depends on exactly what we mean by "basically all eternity". There are already predictions going 1000 years into the future, but yeah on several million (maybe even billion) year timescales things break down due to the difficulties of n-body physics.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4344 on: July 10, 2020, 04:11:44 PM »

The vaccine will be released with Phase One of the China trade agreement during Infrastructure Week.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4345 on: July 10, 2020, 04:26:07 PM »

Honestly, I think we will prove a working vaccine very soon. But it will still take months to actually produce and distribute. If you are a healthy, non-elderly person who doesn’t work in an ICU, you probably shouldn’t expect to get a vaccine this year.
I would bet next spring it will be more publicly available for Americans.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4346 on: July 10, 2020, 06:21:40 PM »

Georgia reported 4,484 new coronavirus cases Friday, shattering the previous daily record by 1,012 more cases.

The previous mark for new cases in a day was set July 2, when 3,472 cases were reported by the state’s Department of Public Health.

https://www.ajc.com/news/georgia-shatters-record-for-daily-coronavirus-cases/eRjhAXk3J2syGztHaCppjP/
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4347 on: July 10, 2020, 06:45:12 PM »

Georgia reported 4,484 new coronavirus cases Friday, shattering the previous daily record by 1,012 more cases.

The previous mark for new cases in a day was set July 2, when 3,472 cases were reported by the state’s Department of Public Health.

https://www.ajc.com/news/georgia-shatters-record-for-daily-coronavirus-cases/eRjhAXk3J2syGztHaCppjP/

Yikes
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #4348 on: July 10, 2020, 07:03:31 PM »

We've exceeded 70,000 new cases today alone, and there's still one hour left before the day's reporting period ends.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4349 on: July 10, 2020, 07:04:44 PM »

We've exceeded 70,000 new cases today alone, and it's still one hour until the day's reports end.

Hasn't it just been a few days since we passed 60,000? At this rate, we may hit 100,000 by the end of next week.
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 178 179 ... 201  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies