COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:25:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19 (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12
Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19  (Read 266191 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2020, 07:43:12 AM »

He hires the best people.

Well, they were looking for someone experienced with labs...
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2020, 08:04:27 AM »

I have been really impressed with DeWine's leadership in this crisis.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2020, 08:06:51 AM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2020, 12:31:50 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2020, 04:34:51 PM »

So what are the chances schools don't meet in the fall?

The chance of the initial crisis continuing into July even, is close to 0.

How do you think things will be looking in 3 months from now on this date? The 23rd?

Pretty close to normal. Maybe 100-200 cases per day, with 3-10 deaths per day.

That would be fantastic news, but unfortunately I suspect you are being wildly overoptimistic.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2020, 04:57:12 PM »

Another day another 30k new cases sadly this isnt slowing down

Can you stop? You realize not only is our testing system being swelled currently, but it's also Thursday, which is basically the anti-Sunday in terms of new positives.

So what are the chances schools don't meet in the fall?

The chance of the initial crisis continuing into July even, is close to 0.

How do you think things will be looking in 3 months from now on this date? The 23rd?

Pretty close to normal. Maybe 100-200 cases per day, with 3-10 deaths per day.

That would be fantastic news, but unfortunately I suspect you are being wildly overoptimistic.

Fortunately for you and everyone else, i'm not. This is the neutral scenario, and it's what the models and experts are saying.

Well a lot of these models had us starting the descend a week ago and only say we will have 60k deaths... we are going to blow past that in 2 weeks

We did descend a week ago, and we are still descending now.

I'm disproving your bs takes that we are somehow on the descend. I keep track just like you do and we are not going down the quicker you learn this fact the quicker this thread will be free of your useless drivel

It's a slow decline right now but it's going to go down faster very soon. You can't look at that graph and not notice the slight decline over the past week.

I don't think that's the issue.  My concern is that you and others are assuming a fairly typical bell curve with a rapid descent on the right tail.  But so far the case numbers and deaths in places like NYC and Lombardy are indicating a much fatter tail.  It's still a descent, which is great, but one with a much less steep slope.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2020, 06:43:25 PM »

Good article from 538 on the challenges in interpreting the various numbers out there:

One Chart Isn’t Going To Tell You When The Pandemic Peaked
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2020, 07:44:06 PM »

I just read a tweet saying that Trump told people to inject disinfectants, is that true?

Yes.  Watch the clip in the Josh Marshall tweet a few replies up.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2020, 07:34:55 AM »

If they did contact tracing for stupidity, this is a good starting point.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2020, 09:19:06 AM »

Not from what I saw. Everyone from the medi to this very forum was hyping it up as the treat ment that would absolutely, 100% work.

Now it's a proven failure. Trials with it should be healted so we don't waste time and Gilead should be investigated by the SEC for market manipulation.

Eh, I wouldn't go that far.  That study was inconclusive, but ISTR that there are others underway - by all means let them continue.  I think it's clear that remdesivir isn't a magic bullet (but it was always overly optimistic to think that it was), but it may still be helpful in some circumstances.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2020, 12:15:47 PM »

Petition to change the title of this thread.

• Tender
Most people will realize that the title is sarcasm, but there could be some people who actually do it and believe what Trump is saying ...

Do we really want Kalwejt being locked up for attempted murder ?
No one on Atlas actually is going to inject themselves with Lysol to kill Covid-19.

Nobody ?

Are you sure ?

The combination of an insane POTUS and a thread title like this makes it possible ...

If it happens it will be Trump who is the one responsible, not anyone here.

Really it will just be Darwinism. And the ultimate answer to the question of how many of his supporters truly are lemmings who would jump off a cliff if he told them to.

The amazing thing about it is I wasn't even slightly fazed when I heard about it. Not even a little bit. It took a while, but he has completely lost the ability to surprise me anymore no matter how surreally insane he gets. If tomorrow I woke up to news that Trump ran naked down Pennsylvania Avenue screaming that he was abducted by aliens who told him Mitch McConnell is a Sith lord, I would be like "Yep, that makes sense."

I can only hope the shock value has worn off and fatigue set in to those who were somehow attracted to the novelty of a literally retarded president as much as it has to those of us who always thought it would be a disaster.

Note the date on this tweet...

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2020, 12:29:02 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2020, 12:48:10 PM »

Words have consequences:

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2020, 01:04:40 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2020, 02:05:37 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2020, 02:13:52 PM »

"I see the disenfectant knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we could do something like that? By... injection inside or... almost a cleaning, cause you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number and so I'd be interested to check that"

Denaturation and oxidation of healthy living cells.  Throwing off the very delicate pH balance of the blood and potentially inducing metabolic alkalosis.  A cascade of alkali necrosis as the agent enters the bloodstream.  

Good. Lord.  

You are Fake news!!!!

I can't tell if this is ironic or not. If it is, bravo. If not, consider that you've just told a med student that she's fake news.

Bruh, seriously...

I'm a European Conservative, have things gone so far down the crapper in the US that my post can actually be taken in any way other than irony? Sad

If so GHAA, God Help America Again.

You do realize that you were responding to an Australian?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2020, 02:17:01 PM »

Another Navy warship at sea reports a coronavirus outbreak

A Navy statement said at least 18 members of the crew of a destroyer, the USS Kidd, have tested positive and it expects the number to grow. It said it is evaluating the extent of the outbreak aboard the ship. The Kidd is in the Caribbean, where it has been operating as part of a counter-drug mission. The Navy said it has a crew of about 350.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2020, 02:50:38 PM »

Businesses in Georgia that reopened are reporting they're not getting any customers pretty much. One barber shop in Atlanta reported on fridays they usually get 80 to 100 people but so far today they only got 2

Hair stylists are doing a good business today: https://www.ajc.com/news/lines-start-early-for-haircuts-georgia-begins-open/jWJvWglc5N7RlQt1Z6oDTN/.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2020, 05:49:41 PM »

The Trump loan story is real, and is problematic in and of itself; it's clearly a problem for the President to be under obligation to a foreign entity. 

As far as the bribery-to-look-the-other-way story, I'd have to see a lot of SOLID evidence to believe it's more than a conspiracy theory.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2020, 07:40:59 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2020, 08:16:36 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2020, 10:14:23 AM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2020, 05:27:13 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2020, 04:06:58 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2020, 04:38:42 PM »

Good thing America is nothing like The Bronx.

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but The Bronx is part of America.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies