COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:36:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 201
Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19  (Read 265517 times)
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2020, 09:00:59 PM »

I have a question for you. How has the situation proceeded in Kentucky thus far? I haven't heard much about that state's outbreak in recent weeks.

Right now, Kentucky is dealing with a backlog of cases, but the overall number of cases is pretty low. Kentucky has begun to periodically offer drive-up testing sites.

And Kentucky really does have a "soft lockdown." Kentucky might not be that militant about it, but it really is a lockdown even if they never call it that. People are outdoors a lot, but they're very meticulous about the 6-foot distance (as they should be). The real problem is that the lockdown has completely shattered our society. For a month, I've literally had an unrelenting pain in my heart about this.

People can't tolerate much more.

Last I checked, my county had 54 cases among 90,000 people.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2020, 09:14:28 PM »

I have a question for you. How has the situation proceeded in Kentucky thus far? I haven't heard much about that state's outbreak in recent weeks.

Right now, Kentucky is dealing with a backlog of cases, but the overall number of cases is pretty low. Kentucky has begun to periodically offer drive-up testing sites.

And Kentucky really does have a "soft lockdown." Kentucky might not be that militant about it, but it really is a lockdown even if they never call it that. People are outdoors a lot, but they're very meticulous about the 6-foot distance (as they should be). The real problem is that the lockdown has completely shattered our society. For a month, I've literally had an unrelenting pain in my heart about this.

People can't tolerate much more.

Last I checked, my county had 54 cases among 90,000 people.

I see. How would you rate Beshear's response? I've given some praise to it before, but I've heard things about "restrictions on church services" or something to the effect. How are people in your state viewing his response? Here in Colorado, the response to Polis' measures is shaping up along partisan lines, as Republicans are becoming increasingly critical of them, and have resumed with their prior denunciations of his record.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2020, 09:22:04 PM »

I see. How would you rate Beshear's response? I've given some praise to it before, but I've heard things about "restrictions on church services" or something to the effect. How are people in your state viewing his response? Here in Colorado, the response to Polis' measures is shaping up along partisan lines, as Republicans are becoming increasingly critical of them, and have resumed with their prior denunciations of his record.

Beshear is maybe slightly better than 49 other governors, but most of the other governors are absolutely terrible.

Most people say he has a good response, but I think it's because he's tried to act calm and gentle at his press conferences instead of going off the rails. Almost all churches have suspended services anyway, and a few have drive-in services.
gerritcole
goatofalltrades

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2020, 09:22:43 PM »

anyone else wanting to go out and join one of these protests against the quarantine? heard there was one in Nashville today, should have gone but I was tied up in Knox :<

obvious troll is trolling. reported.
He isn’t a troll, he just is greatly uninformed as to the severity of the crisis.

I mean, I'm greatly informed as to the severity that this crises poses to young people who are just starting out their careers. My wife and I are lucky that we are "essential employees" but I worry about all the other people our age just starting out and what this hysteria has done to the economy.

I'm honestly not worried about the elderly and immunocompromised. They can quarantine of their own accord, if they wish, but at least where I live, it seems like the older people are the least likely to do so, so I mean that's on them.

Like I said, if I die I die lol it's fine not like I care.
Get them stacks up!
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2020, 09:24:02 PM »

Beshear is maybe slightly better than 49 other governors, but most of the other governors are absolutely terrible.

Most people say he has a good response, but I think it's because he's tried to act calm and gentle at his press conferences instead of going off the rails. Almost all churches have suspended services anyway, and a few have drive-in services.

I see. Which governors do you think have had the best response? You seem to be one of the few left-leaning posters on here who has expressed real and genuine concern about the expansion of governmental authority in this time of crisis, at least elevating it above the other considerations attached with the pandemic.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2020, 09:25:22 PM »
« Edited: April 19, 2020, 09:31:49 PM by Ghost of Ruin »

anyone else wanting to go out and join one of these protests against the quarantine? heard there was one in Nashville today, should have gone but I was tied up in Knox :<

He isn’t a troll, he just is greatly uninformed as to the severity of the crisis.

I mean, I'm greatly informed as to the severity that this crises poses to young people who are just starting out their careers. My wife and I are lucky that we are "essential employees" but I worry about all the other people our age just starting out and what this hysteria has done to the economy.

I'm honestly not worried about the elderly and immunocompromised. They can quarantine of their own accord, if they wish, but at least where I live, it seems like the older people are the least likely to do so, so I mean that's on them.

If you want to join in with the protesters, just make sure to work on your sign calligraphy first:

Also, you have to wonder at the "respect" these "patriots" show the Flag of the United States:

From 4 U.S. Code § 8. Respect for flag
(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker’s desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2020, 09:28:27 PM »

I'm not immunocompromised, just have high blood pressure. I'm doing everything I can to stay home, but I still have to go buy groceries. I could die from this even though I'm only 33. Since you're not willing to be cautious, you'll likely pick it up, and your indiscretion makes it more likely that I'll get it when I'm out getting groceries. My husband is also not immunocompromised, but he has asthma. He would be more at risk from dying from this, too. He's 35.

Thanks for making it even more dangerous for us to get groceries and for me to have to gamble with our lives when my library job reopens because we'll be able to do curbside pickup. But because of people like you, I can't trust that I can't be safe even in a mostly closed library and will have to decide between a paycheck and my life.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2020, 09:31:14 PM »

I see. Which governors do you think have had the best response? You seem to be one of the few left-leaning posters on here who has expressed real and genuine concern about the expansion of governmental authority in this time of crisis, at least elevating it above the other considerations attached with the pandemic.

Beshear may very well be the best.

I'm not really against stepping up some government regulations during a pandemic, but the complete lockdowns are unrealistic and are doing real damage to social institutions. I've read several articles that said lockdowns have led to suicides and domestic violence.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2020, 09:34:33 PM »

As I was saying earlier, we need a new thread.

Not doing the 2,000 post limit for a while, so I can assess the impact of the past 2 years' worth of performance updates.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2020, 09:43:54 PM »

Beshear may very well be the best.

I'm not really against stepping up some government regulations during a pandemic, but the complete lockdowns are unrealistic and are doing real damage to social institutions. I've read several articles that said lockdowns have led to suicides and domestic violence.

I've heard about this as well. There was a report on my local media stating that calls to the Suicide TipLine in Colorado have increased significantly since the beginning of the pandemic. Some Governors, though, are now beginning to extend the shutdowns. Like I've said, I don't think we are ready to open up yet, but there needs to be real and definite timetables in place, so that people know when a sense of normalcy will return. Governors need to be much clearer on those kinds of details.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2020, 10:02:41 PM »

This should be investigated and corroborated, but if true it would be yet another thing that no president from Washington to Obama would survive, but Trump will without a peep from anyone on the Right.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2020, 10:05:14 PM »
« Edited: April 19, 2020, 10:09:44 PM by Meclazine »

I'm not immunocompromised, just have high blood pressure. I'm doing everything I can to stay home, but I still have to go buy groceries. I could die from this even though I'm only 33. Since you're not willing to be cautious, you'll likely pick it up, and your indiscretion makes it more likely that I'll get it when I'm out getting groceries. My husband is also not immunocompromised, but he has asthma. He would be more at risk from dying from this, too. He's 35.

Thanks for making it even more dangerous for us to get groceries and for me to have to gamble with our lives when my library job reopens because we'll be able to do curbside pickup. But because of people like you, I can't trust that I can't be safe even in a mostly closed library and will have to decide between a paycheck and my life.

Bad Goose!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0u_4rA8_9A

Virginia, another one of your 60 day bans please.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2020, 10:06:22 PM »

Sunday numbers are down but we've been burnt by Sunday's in the past we'll have to wait until Wednesday to see the true trajectory
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2020, 10:11:41 PM »

Sunday numbers are down but we've been burnt by Sunday's in the past we'll have to wait until Wednesday to see the true trajectory

There's no "true" trajectory, its a downward slepladder.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2020, 10:17:15 PM »

Lowest new case numbers since March today. Good work ladies and gents.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2020, 01:54:39 AM »

Lowest new case numbers since March today. Good work ladies and gents.

Starts to go up again once the lockdown gets lifted or party lifted. Regardless of whether we wait to next week, May or June. Before vaccine hasn't arrived, I don't see how we get out of this without living in a permanent "state of emergency".
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2020, 02:11:00 AM »
« Edited: April 20, 2020, 02:21:59 AM by PQG and Libertarian Republican will pimp slap Coronavirus! »

Husband of the year.

Seriously though, if your will to live is that weak, you really should seek professional help immediately for barely sublimated deep depression. Take care please.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2020, 03:14:34 AM »

My verysmall apartment building has only 6 units, amd one of those is for storage. Out of the 4 that aren't storage, last night one had a veruy small social gathering, one may or may not have had a guest over, and the third apartment had a guest over that then proceeded to visit the fourth apartment.

Canada is more culturally American than I ever cared to admit. Our stupidity and narcissism is unacceptably high
 Our prime minister needs to go on TV, out hus political career second and his country first, and tel these traitors in no uncertain terms that they will stop or they will be forced to stop. We haven't even flattened our curve yet.
FrancoAgo
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -6.66, S: -3.33

« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2020, 04:30:02 AM »

I use the average of the Corona Scanner and Worldometers numbers, and today was the lowest number of new cases in the U.S. since those horrid times way back on March 31.

Incidentally, the peak was April 9. No other day is close.

Sorry the peak is when you've the max active cases not when the disease spread faster
FrancoAgo
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -6.66, S: -3.33

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2020, 04:36:06 AM »

If you want to join in with the protesters, just make sure to work on your sign calligraphy first:

That G means something in the US?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2020, 06:11:11 AM »

what kind of psychotic mess of a post is this
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2020, 06:46:22 AM »

My verysmall apartment building has only 6 units, amd one of those is for storage. Out of the 4 that aren't storage, last night one had a veruy small social gathering, one may or may not have had a guest over, and the third apartment had a guest over that then proceeded to visit the fourth apartment.

Canada is more culturally American than I ever cared to admit. Our stupidity and narcissism is unacceptably high
 Our prime minister needs to go on TV, out hus political career second and his country first, and tel these traitors in no uncertain terms that they will stop or they will be forced to stop. We haven't even flattened our curve yet.

Spies on neighbor
Sees guest
"TRAITORS!"

You should call 911 next time, Mrs. Kravitz. Maybe leave passive aggressive notes on their car like "I know what you did last sunday!" Cutting their tires limits them being in public. Write down their license plate # and doxx them to their boss ... I see it now "One of your employees isn't who you think ... he's actually a TRAITOR who went to a friend's house last night. Wait why are you laughing?"

If Justy goes on TV and says that you are a traitor who should be in jail for having company, expect laughter.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2020, 07:01:14 AM »

Spies on neighbor
Sees guest
"TRAITORS!"

You should call 911 next time, Mrs. Kravitz. Maybe leave passive aggressive notes on their car like "I know what you did last sunday!" Cutting their tires limits them being in public. Write down their license plate # and doxx them to their boss ... I see it now "One of your employees isn't who you think ... he's actually a TRAITOR who went to a friend's house last night. Wait why are you laughing?"

If Justy goes on TV and says that you are a traitor who should be in jail for having company, expect laughter.

Respecting civil liberties vs. saving people from themselves is a sticky and complex issue.

I will note, though, that I contracted the virus from an interaction that was less than five minutes long and right on my "doorstep". 
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2020, 07:01:39 AM »
« Edited: April 20, 2020, 07:05:26 AM by Olawakanda Forever »

Spies on neighbor
Sees guest
"TRAITORS!"

Nobody said anything about doxxing (or jailtime). They're narcissistic selfish pieces of s__t who are putting ny elderly loved ones in danger. They LITERALLY aren't doing what their country is pleading with them to do in a time of crisis. Not that it's difficult or they are unable, just that "I don't, like, want to bro. I don't care". They're traitors. Not "jail and execute them" Traitors with a capital T, but yeah, they're f__king disgusting traitors.

Hopefully none of them are getting CERB, which is $2000 per month from the government to stay home during COVID-19. Why should I pay tax dollars for traitors to disrrspect and infect my community?

Qu'est-ce que c'est? (what is this?)
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2020, 07:58:58 AM »

Gladys Kravitz is a similar type of neighbor. You know ...

"Abner! Abner! The neighbors are standing with 6 feet of each other in their own backyard!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 201  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies