Office of Southern Governor MB
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:35:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Southern Governor MB
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Office of Southern Governor MB  (Read 3148 times)
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 24, 2020, 01:35:34 AM »
« edited: April 24, 2020, 01:55:36 AM by MB »

The Office of the Governor

Formerly: Southern Delegate (April 2020), Senator of the South (November 2019—March 2020), Vice President of Atlasia (November 2018—January 2019)

Important Links
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 01:48:51 AM »

Executive Order #001

I hereby declare Trans Rights Tuesday to be extended to Trans Rights Every Day. I'm proud to recognize and protect the trans community.

Executive Order #002

Effective immediately, I hereby instruct all Southern law enforcement agencies to indefinitely cease enforcement of the Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Act. I believe it to be a direct violation of the Constitution of Atlasia.

Executive Order #003

I am extending the previous closure of Southern schools (previously closed through May 15, 2020) to now be closed through the remainder of the school year. It's clear that barring a massive change in circumstances conditions won't improve enough by June for schools to be able to reopen.

I am also directing all Southern schools to implement a pass/fail (or complete/incomplete) grading system for the remainder of the semester. Letter grades may be released (for informational purposes only) at the school's discretion.

Executive Order #004

I appoint Jayde aka trippytropicana to the vacant Southern Chamber of Delegates seat left vacant by my resignation.

Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 02:06:08 AM »

Executive Order #005

I revoke Executive Order #002 after it has come to my attention it's illegal and I could be legally prosecuted. In its place I declare April 16 Southern Gun Rights Day.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 05:12:00 PM »

Executive Order #006

I hereby create the position of Southern Archivist. The Archivist's role is to update the wiki, adding every new bill passed and executive order signed in the South. The Archivist also will update the Southern Constitution whenever an amendment is passed.

I appoint TimTurner as Southern Archivist.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2020, 03:44:20 AM »

Keeping It New School Act

S.18.1-22, the School is Cool Act, is amended to read as follows:
School is Cool Act

Be it enacted

Section 1: Instruction

1.) The minimum curriculum required for any public school system in the Southern Regions shall include the following:

(a) English: Grades 1-12
(b) Math: Grades 1-121-8 and at least 3 years in high school
(c) Career Course: At least one high-school grade
(d) Natural Sciences: At least 10 grades
(e) Social Studies including Atlasian History, Civics, World History, Geography, and economics: Grades 1-12
(f) Computer Science: At least one high-school grade
(g) Foreign Language: At least 42 grades
(h) Health: At least two middle- or high-school grades

2.) The total length of a school year shall be 180 days, conducted Monday through Friday. Each locality shall determine the starting date and ending date of each school year as well as dates on which school will not be held for holidays, adverse weather conditions, or other reasons which the locality determines warrant school closure. The school year must begin in either the month of August or the month of September and must conclude in either the month of May or the month of June. In the event that local weather conditions or other situations beyond the control of the locality result in a local school system being held for less than 180 days, the system may apply for a waiver from the Southern Chamber to avoid any penalties.

3.) All children over the age of 6 and under the age of 16 whose primary domicile is in the Southern Region shall be required to regularly attend classes in a public education system. Each locality shall determine the maximum number of days during the school year that a student may miss without a valid reason. The maximum number of days allowed shall be no less than 15 per year. Valid reasons shall include illness, religious practice, a required appearance in court, travel (with prior notice), or other reasons as allowed by the locality. Failure of a student to attend the minimum number of days required shall result in a enforcement proceedings in the local Juvenile Court, or the local general district court if no such Juvenile Court has been established. The presiding judge shall have the power to determine reasonable remedies to ensure truants attend school. shall be left up to the school district to determine appropriate remedies to ensure they attends school. Students may not be expelled or suspended from school for failing to attend.

4.) The parents or guardians of any child may opt their child out of the compulsory public education system provided they enroll their child in a private school program or home school program which meets the minimum requirements established for curriculum and school year length as proscribed in this act.

Section 2: Instructors

1.) Any teacher who is hired to teach in a public school system in the Southern Region shall meet the following requirements:

a) High School Diploma or GED

b) No prior conviction for a violent crime or crime of moral turpitude.

c) Adequate instruction in curriculum, teaching methods, and behavioral management as determined by each individual school district.

2.) The Southern Region shall create a loan forgiveness program for teachers. In addition to salary, any teacher in the Southern Region who teaches for 7 years at a public school where the median income level for students is less than or equal to the poverty line, shall have the liability for paying any outstanding student loans assumed by the Southern Region. A loan forgiveness trust fund is hereby created for the purposes of paying off the assumed loans. $500 Million is hereby appropriated into the trust fund, to be invested in interest bearing bonds, until such time as eligible teachers qualify for the program.

Section 3: Students

1.) Any public school system may allow students in the same administrative district who are enrolled in a lawful home school program to participate in extracurricular activities conducted by the public school system, provided the home school students are subject to the same waiver of liability applicable to public school students.

2.) No public school system may prohibit a student from possessing or wearing sunscreen.

3.) Any State College which does not enforce the student protections in the SNOWFLAKE Act of 2017 shall not be eligible for ANY Regional funding, must pay an annual excise tax on total endowments of 10%, and must pay an annual excise tax on attendance of $1,000 per student.

Section 4: Transportation

1.) Any School Bus purchased by any public school in the Southern Region after December 31, 2022 shall contain seat belts for each seat.

2.) Any public school system may pool together with other public school systems for the purpose of jointly purchasing school buses.

3.) Any public school system may sell advertising space on the sides of their school buses, provided the revenue generated from such sales is used for educational activities within the school system

Sponsor: MB

x Spark

Governor, I hereby present you this bill which has been passed by the Chamber.

Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 09:06:32 PM »
« Edited: May 12, 2020, 09:13:06 PM by MB »

Executive Order #007

I hereby pardon Nathaniel Woods of Alabama for the crime of capital murder, which he was wrongfully convicted of.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2020, 12:51:05 AM »

Executive Order #008

Since the referendum on ratification of the Governor Terms Amendment put up the wrong text of the amendment to be voted on, I hereby order Elections Secretary Peebs to stop the referendum effective immediately, decline to certify the results, and hold another referendum next week with the right text.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2020, 03:29:51 PM »

Time for some useless holidays and far-left-leftist virtue signalling:

Quote from: EO.02
The first Friday after the fourth Thursday in November shall be known as "Capitalism Awareness Day." On that day the Southern Region will consider the damages caused by the illness that is capitalism, and everyone throughout the region is unofficially encouraged by the Leinad administration to ignore what their boss says. Being fired for offenses on this day will be officially greatly frowned upon, so will not giving employees raises.
Quote from: EO.04
The second Monday in October shall be known as "Indigenous People's Day." If we already did this, well, it will be celebrated double this time. That'll teach, uh, dead Europeans!
Quote from: EO.05
August 13th shall be known as "dfwlibertylover Day," to honor the former Governor of the Southern Region.
Quote from: EO.06
Statues of Confederate leaders in the Southern Region shall be decorated to look like popular 2000s rappers from the state the statue is in.
Quote from: EO.07
July 5th shall be known as "Freedom & Equality Day," to honor the fact that Ronald Reagan is dead.
Quote from: EO.08
The third Wednesday of every month shall be known as "Edgy Communism Wednesday." On that day the capital building of the Southern Region shall fly a hammer & sickle flag, and restaurant servers are encouraged to say "may I suggest trying: The Rich?" when taking an order.
Quote from: EO.09
December 13th shall be known as "Victims of Police Violence Awareness Day." On that day we will encourage police officers to serve and protect their community, and make sure those that don't are getting punished for their crimes. A law enforcement system is only as good as it is respected, and it will not be respected if it is abusive!

Could've done better with these, could've done better as Governor. Oh well. Time to go to bed. Love and peace, everyone!

Amended to strike EO 4 and 5. Any objections must be made within 24 hours.
Vetoing this. Huge mistake in the amendment process.

Youth Curfew Abolition Act

Be it enacted:

Section 1: Definition

1. "Youth curfew law" shall be defined as a law or ordinance established by a regional, state, or local government which prohibits or restricts persons of a certain age (usually under age 18) from being outside in public during a certain time of day (usually at night or during school hours), assuming that a state of emergency is not in place.

Section 2: Cutting Down on Curfews

1. All existing youth curfew laws are hereby repealed in the Southern Region, effective immediately.
2. Police may not detain a person simply for being outside during a certain time assuming there is no reasonable suspicion said person has committed a crime.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2020, 03:31:36 PM »

Executive Order #009

Executive Orders 6, 7, and 8 from the Leinad Administration are hereby repealed. They may be fun but they're also unenforceable.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2020, 11:15:09 PM »

Executive Order #010

I appoint Muaddib to the vacant Chamber of Delegates seat.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2020, 01:29:03 AM »

I have sworn in as the newest delegate as per your appointment.

I hereby resign my position as a Southern Delegate and as Southern Speaker, I don't have time for this anymore.

Executive Order #010

I appoint Muaddib to the vacant Chamber of Delegates seat.

I, Muaddib, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Delegate of the southern chamber, and will to the best of my ability to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitutions of the Republic of Atlasia and of the Southern Region, so help me Dave.

The South calls my name and I have answered. Long Live the South!
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2020, 04:39:38 AM »

Traffic Camera Ban Act

Be it enacted:

1. "Traffic camera" shall be defined as a camera which may be mounted beside or over a road or installed in an enforcement vehicle to detect motoring offenses, including speeding, vehicles going through a red traffic light, vehicles going through a toll booth without paying, or unauthorized use of a bus, carpool, or express lane.

Section 2: Ban on Cameras

1. All traffic cameras are hereby banned in the Southern Region.
2. State and local governments have until the end of December 31, 2020 to remove all traffic cameras currently in operation.
3. No new traffic cameras may be installed after passage of this bill.
4. Nothing in this bill shall be interpreted to prohibit police officers from enforcing traffic laws while physically present at the site of the offense.

Section 3: Compensation Fund

1. State and local governments who purchased traffic cameras prior to May 10, 2020, are entitled to apply for a rebate from the regional government
2. To qualify for a rebate, state and local governments must provide documentation of all installation and purchase costs for traffic cameras, as well as a record of all revenues generated from existing traffic cameras
3. Rebates will not be awarded if a state or local government's revenue from traffic cameras has exceeded installation and purchase costs for traffic cameras. Otherwise, the regional government will cover 75% of costs not recouped from traffic camera revenue by December 31, 2020
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2020, 04:11:24 PM »

Executive Order #011

The city of Liberal, Kansas, is hereby renamed to Conservative, Kansas, in order to more accurately reflect its political leanings.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2020, 04:15:16 PM »

Executive Order #012

The unincorporated community of Fremont, Virginia, is hereby renamed to South, Virginia. The township of Fremont Township, Kansas, is hereby renamed to Southern Township, Kansas. The town of Fremont, North Carolina, is hereby renamed to The-Southern-Region-Is-The-Best-Region, North Carolina. The census-designated place of Fremont, Missouri, is hereby renamed to Misery, Missouri, to more accurately describe the quality of life in the western region.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2020, 02:47:27 PM »

Executive Order #013

I'm sending in the National Guard to the recent protests in Conservative, Kansas to make sure nothing turns violent.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2020, 04:27:28 PM »

Executive Order #014

I appoint TheShadowyAbyss to the vacant Chamber of Delegates seat.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2020, 09:18:15 PM »

Executive Order #015

I hereby commute the sentence of Taymor Travon “Tay-K” McIntyre to time served, with release set for June 3, 2020.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2020, 03:49:28 AM »

Executive Order #016

I grant a full and unconditional pardon to Willie Simmons, of Alabama, who has been imprisoned for 38 years for stealing $9.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2020, 02:48:45 AM »

Be it enacted:

1. “Animal shelter” shall be defined as a place which temporarily or permanently houses lost, abandoned, stray, or otherwise unwanted animals.

Section 2: Saying No to Euthanasia

1. Any animal shelter operating in the Southern Region may not euthanize animals who are not suffering from a serious disease or injury, or do not pose a serious physical danger to humans.
2. Shelters found to be in violation of this law may be fined up to $5,000 for every deceased animal, and may be shut down if 3 or more violations are reported.
3. All shelters in the Southern Region shall be required to spay or neuter any animal that is surrendered to the facility and does not fall under Section 2, Clause 1 of this legislation.

Section 3: Implementation and Funding
1. This legislation shall go into effect January 1, 2021.
2. $200 million will be immediately directed to the Department of Agriculture from discretionary funds to distribute to shelters for infrastructure projects to fulfill Section 2 of this bill.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2020, 05:00:30 PM »

Executive Order #017

I hereby commute the sentence of Julius Jones, of Oklahoma, to time served, due to unsure details about the facts of the case. Release is set for June 5.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2020, 01:05:54 AM »

Executive Order #018

No Southern law enforcement officer may deploy the use of rubber bullets, tear gas, flash bangs, or sonic weapons for the purposes of protest or riot control. Any officer found in violation of this order shall be fired and may be sued or charged to the fullest extent of the law for any injuries.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2020, 01:47:33 AM »

Executive Order #019

I grant a posthumous pardon to Southern legend John Brown.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2020, 07:03:57 PM »

Southern Hospitality Act

Whereas, the comsumption of alcohol is both a Southern & Atlasian Tradition.
It is hereby resolved that:

1. The Southern Regional law enforcement agencies will not cooperate in any Lincoln alcohol possession investigations.

2. The Southern Region will provide a grant for new "tipsy tourism businesses"
   a] Tipsy Tourism is defined as; businesses providing sober driver services to more than one passenger.

3. The Regional Anti-Drunk Driving Levy (aka the R.A.D.D. Levy) will apply to
    a] Spirits @ $0.02 per fluid oz
    b] non-spirits @ $0.01 per fluid oz
    c] R.A.D.D levy will be used to fund the small business grants, anti-drunk driving advertising campaigns, alcoholic rehabilitation programs and rural road maintenance.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2020, 06:04:48 PM »

Quote from: Bane of S019 Act
Bane of S019 Act

1. Lincoln Council Speaker S019 shall not interfere in the affairs of the South while he holds elected office in another region, unless personally requested by the Southern Chamber of Delegates.

2. If S019 does not abide, the government of the South shall fine him for disturbing the peace.

3. If S019 still does not abide, the government of the South shall have the authority to recommend to the regional government of the region he resides in to impose a SALT (State and Local Tax) cap on him.

Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2020, 09:52:31 PM »

Executive Order #020

I grant a pardon to Lakeith Smith of Alabama, imprisoned for a murder everyone knows he did not commit.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies