S.20.2: the election of the Speaker and Deputy Speaker (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:04:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  S.20.2: the election of the Speaker and Deputy Speaker (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: S.20.2: the election of the Speaker and Deputy Speaker  (Read 942 times)
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« on: April 24, 2020, 01:19:53 AM »

As a concerned Southern Citizen about the activity levels of this venerable Chamber, I nominate Spark as Deputy Speaker.

Spark has shown a decent level of activity compared to both Speaker and Deputy Speaker of the 17th Chamber. The both of whom faced a no-confidence motion. Now while the then deputy did increase his activity level after the motion, He has a history of lethargic activity in the chamber. If activity is to be improved then an active speaker and deputy are a must. Having served this chamber in both roles, I urge the chamber to pick two active delegates for these roles.

Thank you to the Chamber for it's time and consideration.

Muaddib, former Speaker and Deputy Speaker of the Southern Chamber of Delegates.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 03:32:11 AM »

Two procedural things, mostly an FYI:

Firstly, the name of this thread is incorrect it should be S.20.2 (not S.21.1).

Secondly, Delegate PragmaticPopulist never accepted the nomination for deputy, he then abstained from the vote. Probably shouldn't have needed a vote in this instance as Spark was the only other nominee (Reagent had withdrawn his nomination). Anyway, I just thought I should point these things out. Jolan tru.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 02:26:11 AM »

Mr. Acting Speaker, Fellow Delegates of the Chamber,

I have been appointed to the chamber due to the resignation of Delegate and Speaker, Young Texan. I'd like to thank the Governor for trusting me to once again serve the people of the South in this esteemed chamber. And it is most unfortunate that a man of YT's ability has felt the need to resign. YT has shown himself in the past to be a not only a great servant of the South, but of Atlasia as a whole.

As YT was the speaker and we are now without one, I believe that it is prudent that we elect a new speaker. There has been much commentary on the inactivity of chamber this session. I have a proven track record of activity and proven track record of running this chamber. Even in my absence from this chamber I have been updating (every so often) the noticeboard while those in office on both sides of the political divide have neglected this duty. In light of this, I nominate myself for Speaker, and Spark to continue as Deputy Speaker so that he continues to grow into the role.

For the Great South Land! Long live the South!
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 02:37:50 AM »

I thank the honourable delegates for their trust and confidence in making me Speaker of this esteemed chamber once again. I hope that y'all will take notice of my official DM's as Speaker and get to posting.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies