@ Labor Senators
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:56:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  @ Labor Senators
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: @ Labor Senators  (Read 2830 times)
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2022, 11:03:16 AM »

Can we move this thread to USGD since its apparently not about Atlasia?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2022, 08:19:06 PM »

Fun fact: The only party to try to pull off something like January 6th in Atlasia is the Labor Party Tongue

Nothing like January 6th has ever been attempted by the Labor Party. Unless the GM has simulated a riot of Labor supporting NPCs at the Capitol in Nyman, although I’m not aware that he has.

If I can find a post in thirty seconds that contradicts it it's not a very good lie.

America Needs Cthulhu
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

View Profile Personal Message (Online) Show only this user's posts in this thread

STOP THE STEAL RALLY in Nashville on January 28th!
« on: January 23, 2022, 11:53:31 PM »
There will be a rally on Friday in Nashville at the Southern capital for all patriots who support ELECTION INTEGRITY and LAW and ORDER to make their voices heard!

Be there. Will be wild!!!
Recommend   |  11 people recommend this.

And spare me the "but it's not in Nyman" please, if I crack an egg into a frying pan and fry it with butter it's an omelette no matter where I make it.

The format and wording of this post makes clear that it satirizes the members of your party who did and in fact still do (in this very thread) defend the attempts by Donald Trump to overturn a free and fair election which culminated in a violent attack on the Capitol and a mob which chanted “Hang Mike Pence.” The satire here is that many in your party supported the real life version of these events yet they claim it is unrelated and care more about a game. Oh well, the modern right only has itself to blame, they have themselves to blame for embracing Goldwater and Reagan, which got them here. You reap what you sow, as they say. The only unfortunate thing here is that the 50% of us who didn’t actually vote for this mess now have to live it through. We have to live through it despite the fact that Hillary Clinton won the popular vote and the fact that without gerrymandering, the House likely would’ve been much closer given Republicans only won the NPV by 1. I think we need to discuss real issues like this and discuss the radicalism on your side and how an antiquated electoral system enables it. We could also talk about the hypocrisy on the right over the focus on Clinton’s emails but nothing about Trump’s shady business dealings, but I need to log off now, as it’s late, but I’m happy to debate this in the morning.

And right now in real life, there is a bipartisan effort to try and block the means by which that overturning was attempted, reforming the electoral vote act or whatever it is called. Obviously, Trumpists are blocking that.

However, in this game, we had a bipartisan amendment by which to address some of the issues that were being utilized back in April to hijack our own election. Who are the ones blocking it here? It isn't Deadprez and Mr. R. Its you and your friends.

In real life, the case is obvious that Trumpists want to do it again. What does that imply for you guys here in this game?

Abuse of power is the same. It isn't more or less justified by who did it first, who did it elsewhere, or whether it was to "make a statement". A crook is a crook, a hijacking is a hijacking and an obstructionist is still an obstructionist. Its very clear which side you have chosen to be on.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies