GA Dem Primary- AJC/UGA: Ossoff leads
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:39:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  GA Dem Primary- AJC/UGA: Ossoff leads
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA Dem Primary- AJC/UGA: Ossoff leads  (Read 1838 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 17, 2020, 01:16:31 PM »

Ossoff 31%
Tomlinson 16%
Amico 15%
Undecided 39%

White:
Ossoff 42%
Tomlinson 14%
Amico 13%

Black:
Ossoff 25%
Tomlinson 17%
Amico 16%

https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/ajc-poll-biden-ossoff-have-leads-georgia-democratic-races/XaRPiyKSXhG49t3Yt5Zf3L/
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 01:18:46 PM »

That's it? They didn't poll the general or the special?
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 01:38:17 PM »

At this point, I'll happily take either him or Amico. Tomlinson is a dud and a half.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 01:45:52 PM »

Good to see him up. I'm actually moderately confident in his ability to run a statewide campaign, moreso than I am for the other two.
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2020, 01:59:32 PM »

Hope Tomlinson can win in upset
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2020, 02:34:09 PM »

Ossoff looks like the only one who will have enough money to go on TV. And unlike Abrams, none of them will really be able to have a robust field operation or get free media by potentially being the first black woman Governor.

I think Ossoff will win without a run off.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2020, 03:45:55 PM »

Ossoff looks like the only one who will have enough money to go on TV. And unlike Abrams, none of them will really be able to have a robust field operation or get free media by potentially being the first black woman Governor.

I think Ossoff will win without a run off.

Not sure what to make of this. IDK how strong a candidate he is, but he definitely has a Beto-esque ability to bring national dem attention to himself.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2020, 03:35:03 PM »

Why are people backing this untested guy who blew a winnable race over an accomplished two-term mayor with experience on the ground who knows how to get things done?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2020, 03:53:35 PM »

Why are people backing this untested guy who blew a winnable race over an accomplished two-term mayor with experience on the ground who knows how to get things done?

Statewide Democratic primary contests outside the ATL metro tend to be low-information affairs (and in the metro, only somewhat less so, depending on the amount of money being spent on media). The fact that a presidential primary (which tends to have much higher turnout) will coincide with the state/local primary this year will only amplify that effect. I expect considerable volatility in this race - and polls have never been great at pegging Democratic primary preferences (see above).

I suspect ballot ordering will also play an outsized role here. More people than you think will either be coming out for the presidential contest alone or will be turned out by various local primary campaigns and orgs. At the top of the ballot? Amico. At the bottom? Tomlinson.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2020, 04:14:07 PM »

Because Tomlinson has run a lackluster campaign and struggles to raise funds. It's not Ossoff's fault if the other candidates suck.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2020, 11:18:39 PM »

It would be interesting to see Ossoff pull off a comeback, but I'm not fully confident in his political skills given the 2017 election was a winnable race (though to be fair, while McBath did win she only won by 1 point).
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2020, 05:50:40 AM »

The whole "he blew it" thing isn't really apt, it was literally a matter of a few %. McBath was great, but she only won by like 1. It was still VERY close and there were other factors, including it being the SOLE race and being totally nationalized
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2020, 05:55:15 AM »

The whole "he blew it" thing isn't really apt, it was literally a matter of a few %. McBath was great, but she only won by like 1. It was still VERY close and there were other factors, including it being the SOLE race and being totally nationalized

Yeah, I never understood it either. The guy stepped up when nobody other did, ran a pretty good campaign for a rookie, raised a boatload of money, and at the end lost by a couple of points to a former statewide official in an ancestrally Republican district. Listening to the Republican hacks (and a few Democrats) you'd think he is worse than Martha Coakley.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2020, 06:46:28 PM »

1. Ossoff has more name recognition off the bat.
2. Maybe you disagree with me, but Tomlinson hasn't been running a particularly impressive campaign so far.
3. I fail to see how Ossoff blew that race. It was a special election and remember that a good chunk of the Democrats' coalition are made up of low-propensity voters (minority, low-income, etc.) and the fact that it was a special election held not even during a midterm year likely hurt him. I'm confident he'd have won if he ran in 2018. However, the hate for Ossoff here on Atlas for losing that race is quite strange to me.
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2020, 07:14:32 PM »

Because Tomlinson's campaign has been a red-hot trash fire.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2020, 11:37:20 PM »

have we had any new polls of this senatorial primary since?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies