Can't link my Atlas and forum account
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:50:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  About this Site
  The Atlas
  Can't link my Atlas and forum account
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can't link my Atlas and forum account  (Read 3924 times)
Mini Mike
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 22, 2020, 03:37:32 PM »

I am experiencing a technical difficulty right now as I'm unable to link my Atlas account (MiniMike without the space) and my forum account. When I try to do it, I keep getting the error message "user name not found." I tried over the last few days on different devices but it's still not working. Same error message each time. What should I do? Thanks.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 04:36:12 PM »

Do you mean you are trying to use "MiniMike" (exactly as spelled, without quotes)? Because your account name is "Mini Mike" (no quotes). There is a space.
Mini Mike
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 05:29:57 PM »

Do you mean you are trying to use "MiniMike" (exactly as spelled, without quotes)? Because your account name is "Mini Mike" (no quotes). There is a space.

I made my Atlas account with the username MiniMike because it didn't let me use a space for some reason. I wanted it to be the same as my forum username which does have a space.

Is there another thing I can do to try to link my accounts? Has anyone else had this issue before?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 06:35:18 PM »

I made my Atlas account with the username MiniMike because it didn't let me use a space for some reason. I wanted it to be the same as my forum username which does have a space.

Is there another thing I can do to try to link my accounts? Has anyone else had this issue before?

I forget exactly how the linking process goes, but maybe your Atlas account needs to use the exact same name to work properly.

You can contact Dave via the form on this page to ask him to help you:

https://uselectionatlas.org/BOTTOM/email.php

The main site (uselectionatlas.org) is his, so unfortunately I can't help much with it.
Independents for George Santos
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2020, 03:48:32 PM »

On the subject of linking accounts, I noticed that my Atlas profile says my account is linked, but my forum profile doesn't. Anybody know what gives?
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.65

P P P

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2020, 07:41:38 PM »

There might be some glitch occurring due to the domain change. When I updated my PM score it changed on my Atlas account but hasn't changed on my forum profile.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2020, 12:25:30 AM »

On the subject of linking accounts, I noticed that my Atlas profile says my account is linked, but my forum profile doesn't. Anybody know what gives?

Thanks. I've reached out to Dave to sort that out.
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2020, 06:56:19 AM »

Hi - I've updated the script - please give it a try and let me know if you encounter any issues.
Thanks,
Dave
Independents for George Santos
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2020, 09:29:07 PM »

Hi - I've updated the script - please give it a try and let me know if you encounter any issues.
Thanks,
Dave
I can say it's still not working for my issue - is it possible to unlink my account from the Atlas side then try again?
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2020, 05:48:37 AM »
« Edited: May 06, 2020, 05:53:28 AM by Gramscian-Bidenist »

There might be some glitch occurring due to the domain change. When I updated my PM score it changed on my Atlas account but hasn't changed on my forum profile.

This is the problem I am currently having.

My Atlas account has a totally different username because I was a stupid 15 year old when I made my account. This could be relevant.

EDIT: My mock vote banner changes perfectly fine as I update it, and the political compass on my forum profile indicates the correct result of -8.64, -1.91, while my forum post sidebar is stuck at -5.55, -3.30.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies