Contenders and pretenders (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 09:02:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Contenders and pretenders (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Contenders and pretenders  (Read 39493 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« on: November 19, 2003, 07:24:17 PM »

Here's what I think:

Howard Dean - He started out as a longshot with no chance of winning and has soared into clear frontrunner status.  Dean is a success story, at least in the primary race.  I think Dean's got the primary won already.

John Kerry - At first, it was a Kerry/Lieberman race.  Now Kerry is a pretender, simple as that.  Even if he *did* win, I don't think he'd have a chance against Bush.  There's just something about him--he doesn't have "the look," as, say this next guy does...

John Edwards - He was the Democrat every Republican feared.  Now he's out of the race.  Pretender.

Wesley Clark - He seemed like the perfect candidate, but he's had too many shakeups in his campaign.  Mix that with a failure to get out a message (any kind of message) and you've got yourself another pretender.  Not one person knows where he stands on anything and it doesn't really look like Clark is trying to change that...

Joe Lieberman - He's too conservative to win the primary.  Pretender.

Dick Gephardt - He was a pretender at first, then suddenly became a contender.  This race is now a Dean/Gephardt race.

Sharpton / Kucinich / Moseley Braun - They don't deserve to even be listed.  They have no chance of winning.  They're all only running to satisfy their ego.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies