Contenders and pretenders (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:08:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Contenders and pretenders (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Contenders and pretenders  (Read 39404 times)
NorthernDog
Rookie

« on: November 05, 2003, 09:38:06 PM »

I consider Clarke to be a pretender.  He has never held elective office and is hard to pin down on the issues.  His campaign is sinking pretty quickly too (not much organization). He's running for Sec. of Defense or Secretary of State.
NorthernDog
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2003, 08:49:01 PM »

I think Clark points up to as much as anything, how, except under the most extremly unusual circumstances, one can start as late as he did. Can anybody imagine an RFK-style candidate these days who declared after the New Hampshire primary? Virtually unthinkable.

Welcome aboard Kansas.  The only way a late comer can succeed is if he's/she's well known - like Gore, or Hillary.  It seems like the whole primary calendar keeps getting moved back earlier and earlier!
NorthernDog
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2003, 04:16:36 PM »

In the latest New Hampshire Poll (Marist 11/11-13) Dean was leading in that state with 39% to Kerry 24%.  Clarke was down to just 4%!
I think Clarke is a pretender for sure.  His supporters are not the party activists.
NorthernDog
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2003, 08:16:44 PM »

Here's my take ...
Dick Gephardt - Contender.  You have to consider him as a contender because coming in he was probably the most prominant of the candidates.  His polling numbers are high enough and it is early enough that he could still make a run at it.
I keep thinking the same thing. But when I read left-leaning blogs they usually can't stand the guy.  And his poll numbers in NH are in the tank (I think it was 8%) If he's nominated will the Dean supporters bolt to a Green candidate?
NorthernDog
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2003, 10:02:10 PM »

Alright, I have a question for all ya big dem's.  Why does Dean even bother coming to Idaho?  I honestly can't think of any strategy as to why he would come here.  But he did....
Right now Dean is collecting campaign money-there's probably a few California Liberals hanging out in ID for the ski season.   Dean only carries Idaho if Sharpton is the GOP nominee Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies