Keys to the White House: 1948 a different America (1960 election) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:52:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Keys to the White House: 1948 a different America (1960 election) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Keys to the White House: 1948 a different America (1960 election)  (Read 8321 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« on: June 26, 2021, 08:05:27 PM »

I'm interested, but I'm uncomfortable with the character creation aspect of the gameplay.

I'd probably take an existing individual (probably someone who was just turning eighteen in 1960, like Joe Biden), if I were allowed to do that.

Otherwise, I'd be interested in playing without creating a character at all.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2021, 08:49:43 PM »

I'm interested, but I'm uncomfortable with the character creation aspect of the gameplay.

I'd probably take an existing individual (probably someone who was just turning eighteen in 1960, like Joe Biden), if I were allowed to do that.

Otherwise, I'd be interested in playing without creating a character at all.

I’d usually advise against entirely real people, but if you made a character based around a real person with some changes it would be fine.

Still would prefer an eighteen year old Biden (there might be some edits- he might not be a Delaware native anymore, but most of his background otherwise largely would remain the same.).
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2021, 09:30:50 PM »

Character Bio:

Joe Biden:

Political Affiliation: As the voting age is currently 21, Biden is not registered to vote. However, he is more sympathetic to Democrats than Republicans.

Bio: Biden is currently a College Preparatory student, star athlete at Archmere Academy in Claymont, Delaware. He's also a political activist with a recent history of summer internships for local politicians. In 1957, Biden spent the summer interning for Wilmington Mayor Eugene Lammot. In 1958, Biden spent the summer interning for the campaign of Harris McDowell for the House of Representatives, and in 1959, Biden spent the summer interning for Delaware Attorney General Joseph Craven.

Biden plans to spend this summer joining protests in the burgeoning civil rights movement in Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. He's also looking to apply to colleges, with his top choices being the University of Delaware, the University of Pennsylvania, Columbia University and Villanova University.

Biden's lifelong ambition is to become Chair of the United States Senate's Judiciary Committee, to bring nationalized passenger rail service to America, and to become Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2021, 07:34:14 PM »

I'd be interested in playing this.

As it has been nearly a year since this game had an unfortunate end, I’ve contacted many of the former players and we’ve discussed if they would like to rejuvenate the game. I’ve decided to revive the game, and I’ll allow for new signups from the current time until the end of the game.

Any idea on how long before we start up again?

We can expect the game to restart at noon tomorrow the Democratic ticket will need to be decided but I’ll give a short rundown of what we’ve done so far in the update before we do the next ballot.

I notice you didn't comment on my profile on an eighteen year old Joe Biden. Does that mean you approve?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies