Keys to the White House: 1948 a different America (1960 election)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:39:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Keys to the White House: 1948 a different America (1960 election)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Keys to the White House: 1948 a different America (1960 election)  (Read 8211 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2020, 10:23:18 PM »

Name: Michael Smith
Party: Republican Party
Occupation: Soldier (1941-1945), university student (1945-present)

Smith was born in 1922 to a middle class to upper middle class family in Westchester County, New York. He attended schooling, however he never managed to get a higher education. While his family weathered the Depression better than most, he was unable to attend a university, and following the attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941, he decided to enlist in the military at the age of 19. He spent about three to four years in the Army in Europe and returned home in 1945. He then decided to pursue a study of law at Columbia University. During this time, he became increasingly active in politics, as well. He decided to register with the Republican Party in late 1945 and voted for them in the 1946 Midterm Elections. For the 1948 Republican Primary, he is undecided between Harold Stassen and Earl Warren. He has become active in the Westchester County chapter of the GOP and he supports a hardline against communism, he supports the Taft-Hartley Act, however he also supports greater involvement in healthcare by the federal government, he is opposed to rolling back Social Security, he supports the allocation of federal funds for low income housing, and he also supports federal funding for education
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2020, 07:30:34 AM »

Name: Helen Nolan Tobin
Party: Democratic Party

Helen Nolan was born to a middle class family in Boston and she was very smart, often getting top marks in her grades and going to college to become a teacher, as she loved teaching. During her college years, she met State Representative Edward Tobin, who she worked for and fell in love with, and was 10 years her senior, and she expected to be a political housewife until her husband's retirement or death or her death. But World War 2 happened and her husband died in a bombing raid in United Kingdom while meeting Ambassador Kennedy. After her husband's death, she became a State Representative and was often called the most Progressive state representative in the State House, often supporting radical causes, but she has good relations with the Boston Irish Machine and she was one of the only Democrats to endorse Henry Wallace in 1948, but she is a anti-communist and a Progressive and Social Democrat.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2020, 08:46:08 PM »

So . . . new thread when?
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2020, 08:58:07 PM »

Tonight or tomorrow I lost my work yesterday, but please be patient! Smiley 
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2020, 04:48:24 AM »
« Edited: May 02, 2020, 05:48:38 AM by UWS »

Bio:
Name: Henry Harris
Party: Republican
Occupational history: 1939-1941 (University Student) 1941-1945 (Soldier)
Running for Illinois' 73rd House District

Biography : Son of middle-class Irish immigrants, Harris was born in Peoria, Illinois in 1922. He studied history at Bradley University before being engaged, in a time of war, in the U.S. Army in 1941, when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor, participating, notably, at the battles of Midway, Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima. Now he decided to run for State Representative in Illinois' 73rd state house district. Having seen enough killing in his life, Harris embraces the pro-life philosophy except in case of rape, incest and the life of the mother. Putting in question the effectiveness of New Deal, he embraces free enterprise and small government economic policies. Believing in the need for a strong national defense and make sure that America will not again get attacked like it happened in Pearl Harbor, Harris believes in the need to keep the U.S. military strong and in an interventionist foreign policy.
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2020, 12:53:58 PM »

Apologies for asking if this seems rude or something like that, but is this dead or are you still working on it? If the latter, do you think you need some help with the Warren administration?
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2020, 01:34:58 PM »

Apologies for asking if this seems rude or something like that, but is this dead or are you still working on it? If the latter, do you think you need some help with the Warren administration?

It's not dead I promise, but I have been sick with thankfully a non-COVID related illness and it was my birthday this past weekend. Not to mention I have finals coming up, but I would like some help doing the basic write up if anyone is interested, probably just for this turn.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2020, 01:46:32 PM »

It's not dead I promise, but I have been sick with thankfully a non-COVID related illness and it was my birthday this past weekend. Not to mention I have finals coming up, but I would like some help doing the basic write up if anyone is interested, probably just for this turn.

I'd be interested in helping. Just contact me on Discord and tell me what to do Smiley
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2020, 02:36:02 AM »

Due to my perpetual slothfulness and sickness, the turn was delayed for those new players we have you can post on the 1952 general election thread, and all the new players are accepted. I'm sorry about this taking so long but this is the exception not the rule going forward.
zoz
Rookie

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2020, 10:09:54 PM »

Is it still possible to join
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2020, 10:13:42 PM »

Yep, it'll be open to joining until the final election (2020).
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2020, 10:21:53 PM »

So is the 1952 Election itself tonight or for tomorrow, for curiosity's sake
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2020, 10:25:29 PM »

The turn ends at 12:00:00 PM EST tomorrow and the turn will be posted tomorrow afternoon/night 
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2020, 10:26:41 PM »

The turn ends at 12:00:00 PM EST tomorrow and the turn will be posted tomorrow afternoon/night 

Alright, thanks for clearing that up.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2020, 03:05:11 PM »
« Edited: May 16, 2020, 04:13:47 PM by Congrats Senator Manny Sethi »

Wowzers, that was a crushing blow for the GOP. What was the NPV totals for both tickets and how long until the next turn is posted, so we can be ready for it?

Edit : Also, anyone want to take any guesses as to who will be the GOP candidates for '56? my money is on Dewey, Nixon, or Knight, but any other ideas?
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.13

« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2020, 05:12:29 PM »

Wowzers, that was a crushing blow for the GOP. What was the NPV totals for both tickets and how long until the next turn is posted, so we can be ready for it?

Edit : Also, anyone want to take any guesses as to who will be the GOP candidates for '56? my money is on Dewey, Nixon, or Knight, but any other ideas?

Maybe add Knowland or Dirksen into there as potential options. I feel like the GOP conservatives might have a shot at the nomination in 1956.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2020, 05:16:59 PM »

As with last turn you'll post your actions for 52-56 in the 1952 thread then I'll probably post the new turn next week about midway through
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2020, 06:51:02 PM »

will the next turn be posted later tonight or tomorrow?
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2020, 06:53:55 PM »

will the next turn be posted later tonight or tomorrow?

Later Tonight
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2020, 06:54:32 PM »

Alright, thanks, can't wait Smiley
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2020, 07:36:07 PM »

The RNC will be up tomorrow night, and then 48 hours later the GOP Vice Presidential selection and then 48 hours and then the General election campaign which you all will have 5 days to complete then we will do the election and then another 3 days to write up your actions from 1956-1960. 
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2020, 07:51:41 PM »

Would it be alright if we post our decisions to the character decisions today?
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2020, 07:57:01 PM »

Yea, for those who post their decisions today they'll get new prompts tommorow if someone doesn't have time they'll stick with the same prompts.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2020, 07:58:35 PM »

Yea, for those who post their decisions today they'll get new prompts tommorow if someone doesn't have time they'll stick with the same prompts.

Alright, I'll be trying to get mine solved today and then go on to the next ones hopefully.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2020, 11:19:46 PM »

https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/wi-georgi-malenkov-stays-in-charge-of-the-ussr.371334/

Here's a thread I found on Alt History .com that might help with the ideas of Malenkov some and continue to craft the History of this game Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies