Kim Jong Un reportedly in “Grave Danger” after surgery. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:39:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Kim Jong Un reportedly in “Grave Danger” after surgery. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kim Jong Un reportedly in “Grave Danger” after surgery.  (Read 6966 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: April 21, 2020, 06:19:31 AM »

I urge caution

Kim vanished in 2014 for a month

And his dad too in 2008
Longtime DPRK watchers can tell you this is speculative

Yes, you've had the people western media long declared as executed who then turned up all right.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 02:18:44 PM »

Isabel Perón was the first female dictator, FYI.

Don't think she qualifies.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 04:35:50 PM »

Kim Jong-il was quite an OC-esque character, not needing to go to the bathroom, getting by on one bowl of ride during the Arduous March, being a worldwife fashion icon and a film expert extraordinaire, just to name these few examples. However, he was also a bit of an authoritarian launching NUT rockets and never lived under the surface of Lake Michigan.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 05:35:03 AM »

Newspapers had big bold headlines announcing Kim Il Sung's death 8 years before he actually dropped dead.

Check your sources, TG.

Great Leader and Eternal President Kim-Il-Sung will never die.  He will live on in perpetuity and lead the revolution to smite the imperialist American aggressors.  

Finally, another patriot in this thread who hasn't succumbed to the lies and evil of the American imperialists and the counter-revolutionaries. Chairman Kim is in perfect health, and the Eternal President Kim-Il-Sung watches over us, as he was born on Korea's tallest peak from there you can see the entirety of his empire in Korea. Long may the Eternal President reign comrade.

Smiley

Actually (yes, I'm actually-ing my own joke), the propaganda around KIS was that he was born into a poor family in a small village.  He left this village as a young man to avenge the atrocities committed against his family by the occupying Japanese.  This is probably the part of the story that's the most realistic and backed up by some level of historical evidence and, to his credit, he played a big part in fighting the Japanese until their surrender to the Allies in 1945. 

You're thinking of KJI's origin story with regards to the mountain (DPRK claims he was born on sacred Mount Paektu; records indicate he was born in the Soviet Union).

Legend has it that when KJI was born, a new star took its place in the sky and all of the snow melted before blooming into flowers.  When he died, a massive earthquake cracked the ice on the mountain's lake.  

Not sure why I paid so much attention in the class I took during my undergrad on the DPRK, but it was SUPER interesting.  

Someone else into DPRK stuff? Yes!

Cool! There's three of us now.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 10:08:38 AM »

Sometimes I wonder if they're trolling us on purpouse.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2020, 04:36:09 PM »

This is essentially North Korea in a children-friendly version:

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2020, 12:27:17 PM »

Congrats, James Franco.

(maybe)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2020, 04:04:19 PM »

In CK2 I once had a king in a vegative state for 9 years whilst his wife ruled as regent. I'm expecting something similar here with the sister.

I mean...this guy is still technically "Eternal President".  So it wouldn't shock me if there was an arrangement like the one you posited should KJU be rendered incapacitated.  

When KJI died, Armenia actually sent a condolence message to Kim Il-sung, since, you know, he's still President.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2020, 05:02:02 PM »

Moon Chung-in, who is the senior national security advisor to President Moon, and probably outside North Korea one of the people - relatively speaking - to know best what might be going on there, has categorically insisted that, according to South Korean Intelligence, Kim is alive and well. Someone here must be making stuff up out of thin air, and either the South Koreans or the American Media are going to have a lot of egg in their face soon. I have my suspicions as to whom.

If Seoul was aware of something, he'd probably say "well, not that we know...", or something along these lines, instead of giving such an emphatic statement.

All looks like a giant case of geopolitical s**tposting.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2020, 06:51:48 PM »

Satellite images of luxury boats further suggest North Korea's Kim at favoured villa: experts
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies