Kim Jong Un reportedly in “Grave Danger” after surgery.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:22:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Kim Jong Un reportedly in “Grave Danger” after surgery.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Kim Jong Un reportedly in “Grave Danger” after surgery.  (Read 6888 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2020, 09:53:06 PM »

Alternatively, does China take this opportunity to get rid of the Kims and Juche and install a Chinese-style Communist government that becomes a lockstep puppet?

I'd welcome a Chinese occupation of North Korea.  And I'd imagine so would the North Korean people -anything is better compared to the regime they have now.  
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2020, 09:53:26 PM »

His son is ~10, so let his sister serve as regent for a decade or so, and then his son formally takes over?

Alternatively, does China take this opportunity to get rid of the Kims and Juche and install a Chinese-style Communist government that becomes a lockstep puppet?

He has a brother, Kim Jong-chul, but he doesn't seem very active in government.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2020, 09:58:15 PM »

I haven't caught up with the last episode of The Last Dance yet, please no spoilers. My prediction is that Dennis Rodman was the Real Undercover Apprentice all along.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2020, 09:59:31 PM »

I urge caution folks

This has happened before and he’s disappeared for longer

I doubt that he’s dead or dying
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2020, 10:00:18 PM »

NBC's Katy Tur just tweeted and deleted a tweet claiming that Kim Jong Un is brain dead.  There's probably not much use speculating because we will all know in due time.

That is proven false and is a six year old coypasta
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2020, 10:07:59 PM »

His son is ~10, so let his sister serve as regent for a decade or so, and then his son formally takes over?

I, for one, welcome this opportunity to let us re-live the Romance of the Three Kingdoms in real time. Just send in some obese warlord from the countryside and let him "advise" Lil' Supremo Bambino.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2020, 10:14:53 PM »

Kim Yo-jong, his sister, is the closest thing to an heir he has. Not good news for North Korea if true.

From a Guardian article published just yesterday:

As the world grapples with the coronavirus pandemic – with Pyongyang continuing to insist it has not recorded a single case – Kim Yo-jong’s ascendancy continues.

Last month, she made her first public statement, condemning the South as a “frightened dog barking” after Seoul protested against a live-fire military exercise by the North. And in March, she publicly praised Donald Trump for sending Kim a letter in which he said he hoped to maintain good bilateral relations and offered help in dealing with the coronavirus pandemic.

The publication of political statements in Kim Yo-jong’s name underlines her central role in the regime, according to Youngshik Bong, a research fellow at Yonsei University’s Institute for North Korean Studies in Seoul. “It is revealing that Kim Jong-un permitted her to write and announce a scathing statement about South Korea in such a personal tone,” Bong said. “He is clearly ready to allow his sister to become his alter ego.”

A ruthless dictator woman would be an interesting change of pace. Also, she's younger than I am, and I haven't managed to oppress anyone yet Sad
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2020, 10:21:05 PM »

So Donald Trump defeated Little Rocket Man in his first term. Nice one, Donald.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2020, 10:25:58 PM »

Imagine telling someone during the Bush years that there would be a day when North Korea's ruler is possibly in a vegetative state and oil is trading at $-37.

You know, in addition to everything else.

History really is a random walk. 😮
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2020, 10:26:49 PM »

It's unclear if next in line is his sister or South Korean actress Kim You-Jung.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2020, 11:31:24 PM »

This is Jack Posobiec who is like... A+ tier Neo-Nazi and OANN which is umm.... not reliable
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2020, 11:37:07 PM »

^noted and deleted

Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2020, 11:54:29 PM »

Rumors are that he's been declared brain dead.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2020, 12:11:28 AM »

CNN's obsession with trying to be first at the expense of actual facts and vetting appears to have struck again
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2020, 12:12:48 AM »

Bet you guys didn't have "Kim Jong Un dying" on your apocalypse bingo cards lol.

Yeah, but I do have 'War' and 'Nuclear Detonation' and the odds of those are looking up!
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2020, 12:17:58 AM »

Bet you guys didn't have "Kim Jong Un dying" on your apocalypse bingo cards lol.

Yeah, but I do have 'War' and 'Nuclear Detonation' and the odds of those are looking up!

I put three rolls of toilet paper on World War III yesterday looking like that investment is gonna pay off
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2020, 01:27:11 AM »

Here's hoping the lard bucket dies a painful death!
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2020, 01:44:57 AM »

I see what you did there.

It's about time we had a nasty female dictator, and she looks up to the task.

Kim Yo-jong: the sister of Kim Jong-un
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2020, 06:19:31 AM »

I urge caution

Kim vanished in 2014 for a month

And his dad too in 2008
Longtime DPRK watchers can tell you this is speculative

Yes, you've had the people western media long declared as executed who then turned up all right.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2020, 07:16:49 AM »

That was a six year old copypasta
Pulaski

« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2020, 07:54:44 AM »

Possibility that COVID is just quite bad there and he doesn't want to risk being among the public?

Kim Yo-jong, his sister, is the closest thing to an heir he has. Not good news for North Korea if true.

A murderous dictator dying is not exactly bad news, whatever else results.
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 3.10, S: -7.83

« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2020, 08:01:20 AM »

Yeah, his doctors are so dead...
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2020, 08:14:46 AM »

As the world grapples with the coronavirus pandemic – with Pyongyang continuing to insist it has not recorded a single case – Kim Yo-jong’s ascendancy continues.

Last month, she made her first public statement, condemning the South as a “frightened dog barking” after Seoul protested against a live-fire military exercise by the North. And in March, she publicly praised Donald Trump for sending Kim a letter in which he said he hoped to maintain good bilateral relations and offered help in dealing with the coronavirus pandemic.

The publication of political statements in Kim Yo-jong’s name underlines her central role in the regime, according to Youngshik Bong, a research fellow at Yonsei University’s Institute for North Korean Studies in Seoul. “It is revealing that Kim Jong-un permitted her to write and announce a scathing statement about South Korea in such a personal tone,” Bong said. “He is clearly ready to allow his sister to become his alter ego.”

A ruthless dictator woman would be an interesting change of pace. Also, she's younger than I am, and I haven't managed to oppress anyone yet Sad

Indira Gandhi (or her ghost, anyway) says hi Wink
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2020, 08:18:04 AM »

I don't think Indira qualifies as a dictator, outside of the 2 year period of Emergency (which she willingly ended and put herself at the mercy of the electorate's wimbs afterwards). But she certainly came closer to qualifying for the label of 'ruthless dictator woman' than most other politicians over the past 50 years.
Ironically among the top candidates might be Sheikh Hasina in neighboring Bangladesh.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2020, 08:19:39 AM »

I don't think Indira qualifies as a dictator, outside of the 2 year period of Emergency (which she willingly ended and put herself at the mercy of the electorate's wimbs afterwards). But she certainly came closer to qualifying for the label of 'ruthless dictator woman' than most other politicians over the past 50 years.
Ironically among the top candidates might be Sheikh Hasina in neighboring Bangladesh.

Well yeah, its that which I was thinking of rather. And its fair to say she was forced into that election rather than happily agreeing to it out of the goodness of her heart Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies