Kim Jong Un reportedly in “Grave Danger” after surgery.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 11:01:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Kim Jong Un reportedly in “Grave Danger” after surgery.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: Kim Jong Un reportedly in “Grave Danger” after surgery.  (Read 6889 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: May 01, 2020, 08:13:06 PM »

Glad to see my prayers have been answered!

(This is a joke guys)
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #151 on: May 01, 2020, 08:56:51 PM »

And this is why after seven pages, here is my first comment in this thread . The amount of fake news about North Korea is astronomical (much of it being about how this and that person was killed). Tabloids and "anonymous administration sources" can pretty much make up anything and the likes of NBC will take it seriously.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #152 on: May 01, 2020, 10:36:09 PM »

He died but then got better. A May Day miracle!

https://tv.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/ebe4868c-6e35-42b0-80ed-c1ae9c612cf1
Pulaski

« Reply #153 on: May 01, 2020, 10:56:16 PM »

And this is why after seven pages, here is my first comment in this thread . The amount of fake news about North Korea is astronomical (much of it being about how this and that person was killed). Tabloids and "anonymous administration sources" can pretty much make up anything and the likes of NBC will take it seriously.

You’re talking about the most secretive regime in the world, one that routinely lies to its people and world governments. If there’s a problem with misinformation about North Korea, it has an easy solution: stop spreading misinformation itself and be honest with people.

That said, I was never convinced Kim was vegetative, but missing the Day of the Sun celebrations is a big ing deal no matter what. Given he was almost certainly chilling outside of Pyongyang, either he had covid or was worried about catching it. That’s very possible at this point.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #154 on: May 01, 2020, 11:35:16 PM »

You’re talking about the most secretive regime in the world, one that routinely lies to its people and world governments. If there’s a problem with misinformation about North Korea, it has an easy solution: stop spreading misinformation itself and be honest with people.

That said, I was never convinced Kim was vegetative, but missing the Day of the Sun celebrations is a big ing deal no matter what. Given he was almost certainly chilling outside of Pyongyang, either he had covid or was worried about catching it. That’s very possible at this point.
What was clear was that he had a surgical procedure due to his poor health. A very simple answer to this question, one first formulated by South Korean intelligence, was that he was just out of the limelight due to the aftermath of his surgery. What makes the most sense then is that to avoid looking weak or in bad shape during the ceremony, he went to his villa to heal so as to ensure that his aura isn’t weakened in the eyes of the public.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #155 on: May 02, 2020, 12:08:03 AM »

You know who lied to us about this story? CNN. NBC. Everyone who said he was dead or vegetative. Not North Korea. I'm no fan of North Korea, but if you want to claim to be better than them you actually have to act better.

The notion that Lara Logan's career can come to an end or Dan Rather, who was a lead anchor for one of the top three news networks for 40 years, can come to an end for one false story, but the news media regularly reports utter nonsense about North Korea that is not confirmed by the South Korean government and people go on like nothing happened, is hands down the biggest sham in media today.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #156 on: May 02, 2020, 08:14:51 AM »

He died but then got better. A May Day miracle!

Kim, or Boris? Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies