Kim Jong Un reportedly in “Grave Danger” after surgery.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:46:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Kim Jong Un reportedly in “Grave Danger” after surgery.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: Kim Jong Un reportedly in “Grave Danger” after surgery.  (Read 6916 times)
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2020, 02:09:43 PM »

We proudly stan a strong millennial WoC leader of North Korea. Neoliberal western chauvinists can trout out their dementia ridden old white man all they want but we know who the real winner is.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2020, 02:13:14 PM »

Amen.

We proudly stan a strong millennial WoC leader of North Korea. Neoliberal western chauvinists can trout out their dementia ridden old white man all they want but we know who the real winner is.
She’s hot.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2020, 02:17:57 PM »

What's the sister actually like? Does anybody have an article with a profile of her?

I once speculated about her hotness 6 years ago:

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=203334.0

I thought she looked like 15 back then, only to be reminded by another poster that the picture I googled from her was in fact from a 15-year old Korean singer ... (To me, Korean women between 15 and 25 all look the same).

Yikes.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2020, 02:32:06 PM »

What's the sister actually like? Does anybody have an article with a profile of her?

I once speculated about her hotness 6 years ago:

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=203334.0

I thought she looked like 15 back then, only to be reminded by another poster that the picture I googled from her was in fact from a 15-year old Korean singer ... (To me, Korean women between 15 and 25 all look the same).
Oh lawd I remember this.
American2020
CĂ´te d'Ivoire

« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2020, 02:34:27 PM »

QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #105 on: April 25, 2020, 03:10:42 PM »

Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #106 on: April 25, 2020, 03:18:20 PM »

Oof.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #107 on: April 25, 2020, 03:23:00 PM »

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #108 on: April 25, 2020, 03:34:28 PM »

In CK2 I once had a king in a vegative state for 9 years whilst his wife ruled as regent. I'm expecting something similar here with the sister.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: April 25, 2020, 03:36:14 PM »

That one was pretty funny, ngl.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #110 on: April 25, 2020, 03:37:50 PM »
« Edited: April 25, 2020, 03:55:25 PM by Penn_Quaker_Girl »

In CK2 I once had a king in a vegative state for 9 years whilst his wife ruled as regent. I'm expecting something similar here with the sister.

I mean...this guy is still technically "Eternal President".  So it wouldn't shock me if there was an arrangement like the one you posited should KJU be rendered incapacitated.  

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #111 on: April 25, 2020, 03:38:46 PM »

Remember the rumor in 2013 about him being killed by ninjas in Beijing?
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #112 on: April 25, 2020, 03:57:18 PM »

I have to say that was hilarious
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #113 on: April 25, 2020, 04:04:19 PM »

I mean...this guy is still technically "Eternal President".  So it wouldn't shock me if there was an arrangement like the one you posited should KJU be rendered incapacitated.  

When KJI died, Armenia actually sent a condolence message to Kim Il-sung, since, you know, he's still President.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #114 on: April 25, 2020, 04:11:37 PM »

fwiw didn't we have similar (albeit for a shorter time) rumours a few years ago and he turned up a few weeks later with a limp
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #115 on: April 25, 2020, 04:21:28 PM »

LOL
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #116 on: April 25, 2020, 04:46:53 PM »

If he is dead i wouldn't count on the sister, I would expect a nasty power vacuum.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #117 on: April 25, 2020, 05:06:16 PM »

If he is dead i wouldn't count on the sister, I would expect a nasty power vacuum.

The only power vacuums are with western imperialist swine.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #118 on: April 25, 2020, 05:27:33 PM »

Perfect time to spark a revolution and bring Korean Unification into reality.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #119 on: April 25, 2020, 05:32:43 PM »

MABA 2020
MakeAmericaBritishAgain
United Kingdom

« Reply #120 on: April 25, 2020, 05:33:32 PM »

Women have been severely under represented in the dictator world, glad to see that glass ceiling getting smashed
MABA 2020
MakeAmericaBritishAgain
United Kingdom

« Reply #121 on: April 25, 2020, 05:37:48 PM »

I love how Trumpy the North Korean government sounds, it'd be hilarious if it weren't for all the atrocities
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #122 on: April 25, 2020, 05:41:54 PM »

Tonight I might break my lifelong streak of no alcohol to have a glass of champagne. This is the fate that awaits all commies and authoritarians.
The Ex-Factor
xfactor99
Viet Nam

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -6.43

« Reply #123 on: April 25, 2020, 06:53:58 PM »

Kim Jong Un's older bro just wants to rock to his guitar and listen to Eric Clapton. Seems like a very unlikely replacement for him:

In a series of encrypted emails in 2015, Mr. Thae — who at the time was the No. 2 diplomat in North Korea’s London Embassy — received instructions for handling a special visitor from Pyongyang: Kim Jong-chol. He wanted to attend an Eric Clapton concert there.

The leader’s brother was such a fan of Mr. Clapton that the North Korean government once made a deposit of one million euros, about $1,170,000, on a contract to invite him to perform in Pyongyang, Mr. Thae said. But the musician declined and the deposit was returned.

For the London concert, the book says, Mr. Thae was ordered to secure six tickets and two suites at one of the city’s best hotels and to make reservations at top restaurants. After the brother landed in London late at night, flying first-class via Moscow, he ordered Mr. Thae to take him straight to the HMV music store on Oxford Street and to bang on the door to have the store opened for him.

“On my way to London, all I could think of in the plane was visiting the music shop,” Mr. Thae quotes him as saying.

Mr. Kim’s brother was eventually persuaded to instead visit the shop when it opened the next day. But Mr. Thae said the trouble for him and his staff was just beginning. The brother insisted on smoking wherever and whenever he wanted. And despite all the scouting for top-notch restaurants, he also liked to eat at McDonald’s.

On the city’s Denmark Street, which was lined with guitar shops, “he was as happy as if he owned the entire world,” Mr. Thae said. At one shop Mr. Kim picked a guitar and let loose riffs that impressed the shop’s owner so much that they played an impromptu duet.

At the Clapton concert, the book recounts, Mr. Kim snatched up T-shirts, albums and other souvenirs. During the performance, he was completely taken over by the music, standing up, wildly clapping and raising his fist.

Back at the hotel, at the suggestion of the still-excited visitor, the two men and the other North Korean diplomats present drank all of the liquor in their minibars.

But during his 61 hours with the brother, Mr. Thae said, he found him to be completely sidelined from Mr. Kim’s power apparatus. Unlike the other Kim family members — who are usually referred to as “commander comrades” — he carried no such title.

The brother once sang the American song “My Way” in the car and his eyes grew misty, Mr. Thae said. “He was just a guy crazy about music and the guitar.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/23/world/asia/north-korea-kim-jong-un-book.html
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #124 on: April 25, 2020, 07:07:17 PM »

Women have been severely under represented in the dictator world, glad to see that glass ceiling getting smashed

Half of all dictators should be women.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies