My retirement from Fantasy Politics
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:07:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  My retirement from Fantasy Politics
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: My retirement from Fantasy Politics  (Read 7349 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2006, 11:02:36 PM »

My original intention after the recent scandal of mine was to keep my head low and stay quiet until after this election so as not to adversely impact John Ford and other CDP candidates' chances of winning.  That was apparently a wasted effort....  Tongue

In fact, I was even planning on running again for my party's chairmanship, and hopefully start off with a clean slate.  None of the words I said in my last address toward my party as its chairman last week was intended to be permanent.   

jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2006, 11:04:01 PM »

My original intention after the recent scandal of mine was to keep my head low and stay quiet until after this election so as not to adversely impact John Ford and other CDP candidates' chances of winning.  That was apparently a wasted effort....  Tongue

In fact, I was even planning on running again for my party's chairmanship, and hopefully start off with a clean slate.  None of the words I said in my last address toward my party as its chairman last week was intended to be permanent.   

Please return to your position as CDP Chair, Frodo. Smiley
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2006, 11:11:05 PM »

Please return to your position as CDP Chair, Frodo. Smiley

I can't keep myself from coming back into this forum for long, so I guess I will -I see my (in)actions of late have done more harm than good, which was exactly the opposite of what I intended when I originally stepped down.  Tongue

I will run again for CDP chair in our party's elections this coming March.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2006, 11:12:35 PM »

Ford, thanks for a fun campaign, but no thanks for leaving us without you. Real life comes first though, go kick some ass where it counts.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2006, 05:19:58 AM »

I do agree that anyone voting for Flyers does need to have his or her head examined. 

And Jesus is a troll, geez.

On most of the other stuff, I don't agree, frankly.
If Jesus is a troll so are you.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2006, 05:47:25 AM »

Well John... I can't say I'm suprised at this (as you know)... but... it's still sad that things have come to this (although I would have done the same if I were in your situation).

Frankly it may be time to put this thing down and start afresh...

I agree. The system has to be 'gutted.' It is too overcomplicated for those in the system never mind potential newbies. Government has to be streamlined (too many office holders in relation to voters in my opinion) and likewise with legislation.

We just need more Forumites to register and dispense with the Federal Activity requirement. I think the number of office holders is about right, we just need more voters. As to whether a voter wants to be active or passive (i.e. just turn up to vote) is their prerogative

Dave
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2006, 05:48:15 AM »

dispense with the Federal Activity requirement

Nah.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2006, 05:49:16 AM »

Let's just say that the argument is finely balanced on this one.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2006, 05:54:03 AM »

It's coercive. Registered members should be free to chose whether they serve an active or passive role. Furthermore, from the point of view as a pragmatist, it would keep things simple or, at least, less complicated

Dave
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2006, 06:03:05 AM »

It's coercive. Registered members should be free to chose whether they serve an active or passive role. Furthermore, from the point of view as a pragmatist, it would keep things simple or, at least, less complicated

Dave

If a registered member can't be bothered to post 25 times (throughout the entire forum) 8 weeks before an election, you have to wonder whether they're choosing whether or not to "serve" an active or passive role, or if they're just inactive.

The activity requirement hardly has anything to do with elections being complicated, anyway.  It's one of the easier requirements to fill.  Nor does pragmatism have anything to do with this.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2006, 06:08:45 AM »

All of Hawk's points apply, plus it depresses the population - not something Atlasia needs - plus it's worrying to see old members who're currently rather inactive just scrape by it (JFK had 29 posts within 8 weeks before the election).

It's true that it shouldn't really be that hard a requirement to fulfill though ... and of course it has been quite effective in combatting tomatosouping. I haven't seen anybody spam the board the day before the election in order to meet 25 posts, something I feared would happen when it was first introduced.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2006, 10:46:51 AM »

I think that perhaps, if the whole thing was reduced to its original form, that is a simple fantasy election held at times people might not get so power-hungry and the whole thing might then be more fun.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2006, 08:15:03 AM »

I feel you John. I remember when certain unnamed members screwed me out of my senate seat. The rules here are way to strict to be very productive. Membership is down because many good new members were run off. We need less people like Ebowed and his ilk who institute new rules to hold on to their seats of power.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2006, 04:10:57 PM »

We need less people like Ebowed and his ilk who institute new rules to hold on to their seats of power.

LOL, still being an idiot I see.

The only "new rule" I ever instituted was a constitutional amendment to make it easier for newbies to register (lowering the post requirement from 50 to 25).  That rule may have actually come back to bite me in the ass, although I think people like Buckwheat were disqualified anyway.  But don't mind me; it's painfully clear that you're unable to hold a conversation (unless it's about the good intentions behind slavery).
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #89 on: February 25, 2006, 05:24:29 PM »

We need less people like Ebowed and his ilk who institute new rules to hold on to their seats of power.

LOL, still being an idiot I see.

The only "new rule" I ever instituted was a constitutional amendment to make it easier for newbies to register (lowering the post requirement from 50 to 25).  That rule may have actually come back to bite me in the ass, although I think people like Buckwheat were disqualified anyway.  But don't mind me; it's painfully clear that you're unable to hold a conversation (unless it's about the good intentions behind slavery).

Ebowed, your dirty actions around here are well noted. I'll let that record stand for itself, you dumb.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies