Israel General Discussion: The Return of the Rotation Government
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:06:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel General Discussion: The Return of the Rotation Government
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13
Author Topic: Israel General Discussion: The Return of the Rotation Government  (Read 20521 times)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2020, 01:25:47 PM »

In other news, Yair Netanyahu is still a white supremacist:
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2020, 04:03:13 AM »

Really odd, especially considering his grandfather despised Christian values, Joffrey here is essentially a far-right catholic
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2020, 04:14:49 AM »

Really odd, especially considering his grandfather despised Christian values, Joffrey here is essentially a far-right catholic

It's classic neo nazi rhetoric. He's no different than these people at this point, his grandfather would probably be ashamed (the probably is "if he wasn't as morally bankrupt as his son")
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2020, 04:33:25 AM »

It's classic neo nazi rhetoric. He's no different than these people at this point, his grandfather would probably be ashamed (the probably is "if he wasn't as morally bankrupt as his son")
To a degree Yair is the fault of the American Right. The last 15 years so massive numbers of the Jewish far right in America immigrate to Israel and especially Jerusalem. Yair interacted with them at the university while participating in all the programmes financed by the "hope foundation" a right wing paleo-conservative Jewish NGO.

Like his father in the 80's importing the foolish antics of the shallow American republican politics, his son is importing the new bad trends of the alt-right.

Our relationship with America is toxic politically, and adverse strategically.

I have similar objections to the trends in the left importing the safe space identity politics shenanigans. 
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2020, 11:00:50 AM »

So he'd be willing to help out Netanyahu for the sake of f**king Gantz over?? Don't get me wrong, Gantz is a piece of sh*t and seeing him humiliated like that would be fun, but if the end result is Netanyahu getting what he wants, that's far far worse.
If I’m understanding this correctly, Gantz going into the election as Prime Minister could seriously damage Lapid. He can’t afford that, and it’s not like he has any desire to see Gantz pretend to not be a Likud PM for two years.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2020, 06:33:09 PM »

So he'd be willing to help out Netanyahu for the sake of f**king Gantz over?? Don't get me wrong, Gantz is a piece of sh*t and seeing him humiliated like that would be fun, but if the end result is Netanyahu getting what he wants, that's far far worse.
If I’m understanding this correctly, Gantz going into the election as Prime Minister could seriously damage Lapid. He can’t afford that, and it’s not like he has any desire to see Gantz pretend to not be a Likud PM for two years.

Well, if the end result is allowing Bibi to return with a mandate, I really don't see how that serves Lapid's interests either.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2020, 11:28:35 PM »

Why in the world would any self-respecting Jew want Europe of all continents to "return to being Christian"?!
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2020, 05:56:05 AM »

Why in the world would any self-respecting Jew want Europe of all continents to "return to being Christian"?!

Don't worry, the (((evil globalists))) will be eliminated by Yair's friends Wink
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 3.10, S: -7.83

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2020, 06:46:02 AM »

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog-april-30-2020/

Well it’s over.
Lord Halifax
Papua New Guinea

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2020, 07:15:01 AM »
« Edited: April 30, 2020, 07:21:58 AM by Lord Halifax »

It's ironic given history. But in a modern context a Christian Europe would be more pro-Israeli and anti-Arabic/anti-Islamic, secularism makes Europeans (and Americans) less likely to support Israel. So it makes sense.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2020, 12:44:53 PM »

It's ironic given history. But in a modern context a Christian Europe would be more pro-Israeli and anti-Arabic/anti-Islamic, secularism makes Europeans (and Americans) less likely to support Israel. So it makes sense.
I'm sure his Polish and Hungarians best buds would be thrilled to have junior the notorious closet gay (the worst kept secret in Israeli politics) preaching them on Christian values.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2020, 02:53:28 PM »
« Edited: April 30, 2020, 03:30:08 PM by Miliband: The Art of the Comeback »

As Lenin might have said, your typical far-right Christian nationalist supports Israel and Jewish interests as the rope supports a hanged man. I would know; I am a professor Catholic of patrilineal Jewish descent who likes Ecclesiastical Latin.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2020, 04:23:10 PM »

I mean, even many Likudists must be aware that some of the US Christian Right only "support" Israel because they actually believe in the Rapture? Doesn't it bother them just a weeny bit??
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2020, 05:26:41 PM »

I mean, even many Likudists must be aware that some of the US Christian Right only "support" Israel because they actually believe in the Rapture? Doesn't it bother them just a weeny bit??
Why would it? Both sides get what they want from this arrangement after all.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2020, 07:01:56 PM »

Would it bother you if it meant you had an army of useful idiots to block vote for a useful idiot every 4 years?
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2020, 05:38:33 AM »

So after day 1 of the SC hearings on the new government it seems quite clear the majority of justices will allow Bibi to be PM. tomorrow will be more interesting and we'll see whether the coalition agreement of parts of will be struck down
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2020, 10:45:55 AM »

https://m.jpost.com/israel-news/alleged-iranian-spy-was-once-a-balad-party-member-626754

F**king Balad
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2020, 06:00:55 PM »

I found this in a discord I'm in.
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2020, 06:19:12 PM »

Haha, I love it. I’m between the Zehutnik and the Arab Worker.

There were definitely a few missed opportunities though (Ale Yarok supporters, Ayelet Shaked fanboys, old Russians, Haneen Zoabi etc.)
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2020, 09:34:48 PM »

I'm probably the Mapai nostalgist or the Rabin nostalgist, but the Arab worker is obviously the most valid.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2020, 09:49:10 PM »

These internal political squabbles that look like a third world country right now are not indicative at all of the broader reality. Israel is not even 1% weaker or less united than it was before this mess, not to be underestimated, they are the same if fit were to hit the shan right now, the IDF continues to stand more formidable than their foes regardless.
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2020, 04:09:02 PM »

https://www.ynetnews.com/article/HyV1LHeqI

According to the poll, only a quarter of the respondents (26%) said they support the potential annexation, while 40% prefer a permanent two-state solution, 22% favor unilateral disengagement from the Palestinians, while only 13% are content with the current situation.

Although the pledge to annex the strategic parts of the West Bank was one of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's major election campaign points, only a third (36%) of his Likud party's supporters said they back the initiative.

The survey also shows that most Jewish citizens, including most Likud voters, do not support the annexation of the Jordan Valley if the move would put a strain on relations with Jordan.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2020, 05:02:19 PM »

Amazing. I'm definitely the Yarok, it's literally me. Also anti-Bibist.

In other interesting news, MK Gadeer Mreeh gave a wonderful, wonderful speech in the Knesset. She was articulate, funny, made the point effectively and without inciting hostility. A rising star. She tore the hypocritical treatment of the Druze as a nice and docile population while they're not given the funds they're promised. And she said this sentence that I found really powerful: "I resent the militaristic discourse, what's that phrase 'blood alliance'? I come to live with you, not to die with you."
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2020, 12:27:15 PM »

SC rejected all appeals against the formation of the government by Bibi and the coalition agreements by a unanimous verdict of 11 justices (unheard of). I could have made nice chunks of money if I placed bets on it...

They did warn though they would probably not accept pushing the opposition representative from the judicial appointment committee. But this actually is quite on shaky ground in law compared to other items. Strange.

Bibi now has 14 days to present the government for a confidence vote
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2020, 05:53:16 PM »

Just out of curiosity, on a scale of 1 to 10, how close is Avigdor Lieberman to the old Russian organised crime networks? Is there any political backlash/ethnic stereotyping the other way from religious types who view him and his community as ''not real Jews''?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies