Death of the Stag - ASOIAF Game - Sign Up and OOC Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:35:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Death of the Stag - ASOIAF Game - Sign Up and OOC Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Death of the Stag - ASOIAF Game - Sign Up and OOC Thread  (Read 6293 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« on: April 17, 2020, 05:46:52 AM »

Tyrell please
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 05:55:31 AM »

Btw,
Viserys being alive was really fascinating in one of the last games. If he could be alive again, that would be great Cheesy
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 02:39:30 PM »

When is the deadline btw?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2020, 04:10:30 PM »

Ok, orders sent.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2020, 03:08:34 PM »

I'm curious, if Tywin dies, I know that tyrion would become the new lord of casterly rock but as he's lost in the riverlands someone would have to play as some kind of "regent". Would it be Kevan or Cersei?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2020, 01:51:30 AM »

As if the Cersei alliance is going to remain stable with a literal degenerate going to soon be fully king.

And gotfan and Leonardo, weren't you the people who made "Stannis backing Viserys" happen? Wink
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2020, 07:56:07 AM »

As if the Cersei alliance is going to remain stable with a literal degenerate going to soon be fully king.

And gotfan and Leonardo, weren't you the people who made "Stannis backing Viserys" happen? Wink

Doesn’t make them wrong about the Renly-Joff thing being game-breakingly OOC.
It doesn't but they are still wrong. He's facing a huge army at his doorstep with no ally. Renly is definitely not some kind of suicide guy.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2020, 08:15:21 AM »

Doesn’t make them wrong about the Renly-Joff thing being game-breakingly OOC.
It doesn't but they are still wrong. He's facing a huge army at his doorstep with no ally. Renly is definitely not some kind of suicide guy.

I just significantly expanded the post you quoted, but my point stands.  

With all due respect, I really think GOTFan and Leonardo are definitely in the right on this one, as well as regarding Leo's point about Cersei being OP in this game to begin with (as Leonardo says, it's an important plot point in the books that she's got only 300 or so men in KL, whereas here Cersei started with 10,000).  I mean, you're kinda proving his point by acknowledging that the deck is already stacked so heavily in favor of the Lannister-Tyrell-Joffrey forces that there's basically no way anyone else can avoid a curb-stomp except joining said alliance.  Hence, the "game-breaking" part of "game-breakingly OOC."  The balance of power has simply ceased to exist in any meaningful sense.
I will be honest with you, I find MY actions and Ypestis' actions to an extent much more controversial than jackson's actions. Renly has always been a risk averse politician banking on the tyrells before doing anything. With the Tyrells gone, what could he do? Making an alliance with the Martells? Too late they are backing Joffrey. Making an alliance with the starks? They are being completely sacked by the greyjoys,... Renly has no support, backing joffrey and waiting for an opportunity to emerge is his only choice.

Me backing Joffrey and Blair marrying Arianne with Tommen are the controversial actions. Not jacksonhitchcock trying to save his ass.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2020, 01:33:55 PM »

I have a much bigger problem with the Martell-Lannister-Tyrell alliance. I mean, that’s three Great Houses that absolutely despise each other. As it was, the Tyrell’s got two seats on the Small Council and a Queen, only doing so after Renly died. I don’t really think it’s realistic for all three of those to form an alliance when they all are huge rivals.

And keep in mind it's more a "non aggressive pact" than anything else. I'm not committing troops for anyone.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2020, 03:32:15 PM »

I will have to withdraw as well. I'm way too busy irl to be active enough. Good luck everyone!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies