Death of the Stag - ASOIAF Game - Sign Up and OOC Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:35:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Death of the Stag - ASOIAF Game - Sign Up and OOC Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Death of the Stag - ASOIAF Game - Sign Up and OOC Thread  (Read 6324 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: April 17, 2020, 08:06:36 AM »

The Roose is Loose Evil
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 03:39:15 PM »

oh ffs all we need is JDB and then I'm screwed

I'm already playing Evil
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 03:44:07 PM »

To this day I regret not having Loras kill you in my first time.

When was this?  I've killed so many players in these games, I lose track sometimes.  In the Lion and the Rose, I killed literally every player at least twice, but I thought Spamage was the Tyrells in that game.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2020, 05:45:23 PM »

To this day I regret not having Loras kill you in my first time.

When was this?  I've killed so many players in these games, I lose track sometimes.  In the Lion and the Rose, I killed literally every player at least twice, but I thought Spamage was the Tyrells in that game.

I think it's about "The Iron Throne" when you played Baelish and Blair was Renly.

I don't even remember that one Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 12:57:04 PM »

Not gonna lie, some of the stuff this turn seemed game-breakingly OOC even by our standards.  Just saying Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2020, 01:23:09 PM »

Agreed
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2020, 06:35:24 AM »
« Edited: April 29, 2020, 08:01:00 AM by Everything Burns... »

As if the Cersei alliance is going to remain stable with a literal degenerate going to soon be fully king.

And gotfan and Leonardo, weren't you the people who made "Stannis backing Viserys" happen? Wink

Doesn’t make them wrong about the Renly-Joff thing being game-breakingly OOC.  Also, that was a different game with a different GM.  Dkrolga made a point of saying that he was going to enforce IC behavior using the books as his guide.  One could argue against a number of the alliances and actions this past turn don't meet that standard...but one could just as easily argue (and rightly so imo) that a mod should generally air on the side of letting players do what they want, especially since there is at least a kernel of justification for such things.  For example, unlikely as the Martell-Baratheon thing may be, one could argue that Doran did all sorts of things in the books to give the appearance of being pro-Lannister and thus this wouldn't be game-breakingly OOC. 

However, I don't really see what even the kernel of canon-based rationale could be for Renly bending the knee to Joffrey.  It's like, 100% OOC.  Not only that, but I'd argue that the bigger problem is that the alliance is game-breakingly OOC.  The Lannister-Baratheon side was already a bit over-powered in this game, but if things stand as they are then the game is likely over for all intents and purposes given that it's likely gonna be a curb-stomp no matter what happens.  Hence, I'd argue that Renly bending the knee to Joffrey right now is not merely OOC, but game-breakingly OOC.

I guess that's really the difference between this and the Stannis-Viserys alliance from the other game.  Yes, that one was pretty OOC, but it also wasn't game-breaking.  In other words, it didn't more or less end the game for everyone not in a particular alliance - one which was already a bit OP, I should add - after one turn whereas the Renly-Joffrey alliance does precisely that.  Obviously, it's Dkrolga's call, but I'd definitely argue for a GM override in this case given the likelihood that the alliance will likely end the game for all practical purposes in 2-3 turns at most no matter what the other players do.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2020, 08:05:34 AM »

As if the Cersei alliance is going to remain stable with a literal degenerate going to soon be fully king.

And gotfan and Leonardo, weren't you the people who made "Stannis backing Viserys" happen? Wink

Doesn’t make them wrong about the Renly-Joff thing being game-breakingly OOC.
It doesn't but they are still wrong. He's facing a huge army at his doorstep with no ally. Renly is definitely not some kind of suicide guy.

I just significantly expanded the post you quoted, but my point stands.  

With all due respect, I really think GOTFan and Leonardo are definitely in the right on this one, as well as regarding Leo's point about Cersei being OP in this game to begin with (as Leonardo says, it's an important plot point in the books that she's got only 300 or so men in KL, whereas here Cersei started with 10,000).  I mean, you're kinda proving his point by acknowledging that the deck is already stacked so heavily in favor of the Lannister-Tyrell-Joffrey forces that there's basically no way anyone else can avoid a curb-stomp except joining said alliance.  Hence, the "game-breaking" part of "game-breakingly OOC."  The balance of power has simply ceased to exist in any meaningful sense.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2020, 07:40:58 PM »

Apologies, but I gotta drop out
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2020, 09:12:07 PM »
« Edited: May 10, 2020, 11:03:05 PM by Everything Burns... »

Sorry to see you go. You're always so fun in these games.

Thanks, I really appreciate it Smiley  Unfortunately, RL must come first.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies