REQUEST: Board descriptions and other proposal
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:01:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  REQUEST: Board descriptions and other proposal
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: REQUEST: Board descriptions and other proposal  (Read 1723 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 15, 2020, 01:34:25 PM »

I'd like to properly describe the Atlas Fantasy Election boards, so if a committee could be formed to discuss and agree on descriptions for each board, and child board, and then the final agreed-upon descriptions could be forwarded to me, I would appreciate it. Otherwise I'll probably just come up with something myself. Right now, most of the boards have no description, the Fantasy Elections board is just "Have fun Smiley" and the regional gov has a brief description.

Also, there was another proposal to change the 'Regional Governments' board and split it up into 3 separate boards - one for each regional government, so all lawmaking business could be better organized. I'll do whatever Atlasia wants in that regard, but if it's not voted on, I will leave it as-is.

Lastly, if you want the name of the actual boards changed, you can also vote on that and include it in the bill/resolution for the board descriptions. But as with the descriptions I will need to sign off on the name beforehand.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 01:43:19 PM »

Well, not sure how we should deal with this, but I assume introducing a congressional resolution would be the way to go?

I am personally against separating the 3 regional governments, mostly because that will tie our hands in case we ever want to expand the number of regions again, or do further consolidation into 2 regions for some reason.

Which sure, I am 100% certain we will not see that ever happening but still I would prefer for us not tying our hands unnecesarily.

As for the description, I have no idea what to say lol. Maybe something along the linnes of "Fantasy government simulation, run by and for the users" ?
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 01:48:53 PM »

I support each regional government having it's own separate sub board. Navigating the existing one can be confusing at times where threads get burried.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 07:35:27 PM »

Yeah, I think splitting the regional governments would be a good proposal.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 01:23:30 PM »

I'm just reposting this question here for the attention of any mods who happen to enter this thread.

Question for anyone who can answer: if some legislation is moved from the old regional governments board to new regional boards, do links to the relevant legislation still work (say, links posted on the Wiki)? Will the old regional board be filled with those 'this topic has been moved' posts that link to the new post in the other board?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2020, 10:45:56 PM »

I'm just reposting this question here for the attention of any mods who happen to enter this thread.

Question for anyone who can answer: if some legislation is moved from the old regional governments board to new regional boards, do links to the relevant legislation still work (say, links posted on the Wiki)? Will the old regional board be filled with those 'this topic has been moved' posts that link to the new post in the other board?

My guess is that the links wouldn't work as the board would be different, but I'll ask in the Mod Cave for formal confirmation.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2020, 02:58:51 AM »

My guess is that the links wouldn't work as the board would be different, but I'll ask in the Mod Cave for formal confirmation.

Well if this ends up being the case, then I suppose board reorganization of the regional boards would be a very bad idea (no one will ever change manually the hundreds of old links)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2020, 05:11:37 PM »

Well if this ends up being the case, then I suppose board reorganization of the regional boards would be a very bad idea (no one will ever change manually the hundreds of old links)
I'm late, but couldn't we move the noticeboards of the sessions?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies