Badger(D) vs Fuzzy Bear(R)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 10:52:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Badger(D) vs Fuzzy Bear(R)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for/who wins
Badger/Badger

Badger/Fuzzy Bear

Fuzzy Bear/Badger

Fuzzy Bear/Fuzzy Bear

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 110

Author Topic: Badger(D) vs Fuzzy Bear(R)  (Read 4286 times)
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2020, 06:09:51 PM »

Badger because Ohio.
Make America Grumpy Again
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2022, 06:00:42 PM »

Bumping. In this environment Fuzzy would win comfortably. Interesting how Badger/Fuzzy is tied for preference.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2022, 12:47:53 AM »
« Edited: May 02, 2022, 12:51:17 AM by CentristRepublican »

Interesting how, whether you're for Badger or Fuzzy Bear, you think the candidate you support would win (particularly Fuzzy Bear backers - all of them think he'd win!). 44 Badger/Badger votes, 41 FuzzyBear/FuzzyBear votes, 16 Badger/FuzzyBear votes and 0 FuzzyBear/Badger votes. A whopping 84% of respondants think that the person they back would win (73% of Badger supporters think he'd win, and a solid 100% of Fuzzy Bear backers, all 44 of them, think he'd win).

Anyway, obviously Badger/Badger (though Badger/FuzzyBear is also quite possible). I favour the one who doesn't believe the Big Lie and considers me an FF over the one who believes the Big Lie and whose appraisal for me took a turn for the worse when I called him out on it. Still, Fuzzy Bear is complicated and is much better than the average Big Lie believer (low a bar as that is). Badger > Fuzzy nonetheless.

Funnily enough, I think even Badger would lose OH in a GE, unless it was a big blue wave.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2022, 05:17:40 PM »

Bumping. In this environment Fuzzy would win comfortably. Interesting how Badger/Fuzzy is tied for preference.

I mean, it doesn't take a genius to know that 2022 is going to be ugly for Democrats. Whereas the optimism for my winning would have been markedly different in a 2018 environment.

Granted, if somehow the Republican Party actually nominated a genuine Pro Universal Health Care supporter and probably their most left-wing candidate on economics since at least Eisenhower or even Teddy Roosevelt, not someone offering the usual garbage claptrap like tort reform and selling Insurance across state lines so we can just repeal nasty old Obamacare as totally not being needed anymore honest to goodness and cross our hedge fund hearts, that would be very difficult to beat other than the very strong likelihood of a Club for Growth style third party conservative running. Though conservatives are organized enough that they would probably decide fuzzy would likely be at least nominally better then me on economic and Taxation issues, and they can maybe get to him easier with appropriate friendly lobbying from like-minded Theocratic Christians, the end result being the third party might have a little more traction and say Evan McMullin.

I still think he would have serious difficulty as, even if on paper the check list of major social issues between say Ralph Reed and George W bush aren't that far apart, the former comes across as an American version of the Taliban whereas the latter comes across as more just a standard conservative on social issues. It's partially stylistic and partially emphasis. For that reason , Fuzzy would have great difficulty not being seen as the former rather than the latter.

And I think there are a number of Romney-Biden voters who would get immediately turned off by someone adhering to the big lie. It's not an issue that entirely preaches to the choir. Frankly, one is going to run as a sycophant of trump and all his double dealings in conspiracy theories, it's going to be tough to expand much beyond that base.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2022, 05:25:28 PM »

Funnily enough, I think even Badger would lose OH in a GE, unless it was a big blue wave.

In 2022, sadly almost for sure. Sad

In 2020, assuming I have a background is a multi term Senator or governor of the Buckeye state, I might have been able to pull off a narrow win, though Sherrod Brown in 2018 would have been my ceiling.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2022, 06:40:46 PM »

Just for the funnies, Here's a 269-269 map between the two.

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2022, 09:57:51 PM »

Just for the funnies, Here's a 269-269 map between the two.

That's... Actually not at all implausible.

The farthest stretch would be my winning States like Michigan and Wisconsin in Pennsylvania while still losing Nevada. Maybe fuzzy picked his running mate from there and/or I got into a public or private pissing match with Las Vegas mayor Goodman, which I could totally see as I am not a fan.

GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2022, 10:43:25 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length