Morning Consult: Biden +5
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:25:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Morning Consult: Biden +5
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Morning Consult: Biden +5  (Read 486 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 21, 2020, 07:04:00 AM »

Morning Consult, April 13-19, 31482 RV (1-week change)

Biden 47 (+2)
Trump 42 (nc)
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 07:16:22 AM »

Trump can't get out of the low 40's.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 07:52:04 AM »

To play devil's advocate,

A few weeks ago, when some polls showed Trump's making gains, people on here said, "No worries. This is just a temporary bump for Trump, coming from Covid-19 sympathy. If anything, this poll is an underwhelming bump given the situation."

Well, Biden just clinched the nomination and got endorsements from Bernie, Obama, & Warren. Is it wrong for me to say, "No worries. This is just a temporary bump for Biden, coming from high-profile endorsements & the end of the primary. If anything, this poll is an underwheming bump given the situation"?

Well, A) this just one poll, and on the lower end of many of the Biden margins in recent weeks. B) for this poll, a 2% bump isn't nothing, and C) honestly, the endorsements probably weren't going to do *that* much anyway, since most Warren/Obama supporters almost all already supported Biden, and Sanders supporters are going to take some time for a portion of them
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 07:53:18 AM »

A few weeks ago, when some polls showed Trump's making gains, people on here said, "No worries. This is just a temporary bump for Trump, coming from Covid-19 sympathy. If anything, this poll is an underwhelming bump given the situation."

Well, Biden just clinched the nomination and got endorsements from Bernie, Obama, & Warren. Is it wrong for me to say, "No worries. This is just a temporary bump for Biden, coming from high-profile endorsements & the end of the primary. If anything, this poll is an underwheming bump given the situation"?
Maybe, but there is also the fact that Trump is still sucking out all of the oxygen in the room, so these endorsements likely did not give the bump they would normally, or anything close. Factoring that in, a one point in a notoriously static pollster seems appropriate.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2020, 07:55:02 AM »

Maybe, but there is also the fact that Trump is still sucking out all of the oxygen in the room, so these endorsements likely did not give the bump they would normally, or anything close. Factoring that in, a one point in a notoriously static pollster seems appropriate.

This is true too. In a normal non-pandemic week, Biden's swing of Bernie/Obama/Warren would've led the news all week long
roxas11
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2020, 08:06:18 AM »

I have to disagree

to me the trend that the poll is showing is far more important than some momentary endorsement bump and slowly but surely Biden is Uniting all the Dem behind him.

He is actually gaining support from Bernie supporters much faster than Hillary was able to in 2016  
I definitely believe that Biden will be in a much stronger position by the time he gets to the Dem convention compared to where Hillary was at the time.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies