Opinion of Arian Christianity?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:09:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
  Opinion of Arian Christianity?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Opinion of Arian Christianity?  (Read 1794 times)
zoz
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2020, 08:05:04 PM »

ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2020, 04:41:11 PM »

I guess the issue I have with it is that if the Father is the God and begets the Son, how is the son not God? I mean when a progenitor begets offspring, the offspring is the same thing as the progenitor.

Thinking of it in divine terms, it seems to me that the Son would be God if begotten by the Father. But if the Son is not eternal but was generated at some point before creation he can't be God because God is eternal.

I'm not sure I articulated in that sensible way, but the concept seems contradictory. And only has appeal become it seemingly make more sense that orthodox Trinitarian thought.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2020, 06:23:08 PM »

I must confess that a problem I have with the traditional homoousian teaching is that in the Bible itself many times Jesus talks about “The Father”(Yahweh) like they are separate beings. Especially during the Passion
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2020, 03:53:49 AM »

I think I share Constantine's beliefs around the schisms of the church on such petty matters. In fact this stage of late antiquity is almost incomprehensible: one can very easily grapple with the primary conflicts of the Republic and the Principate, but when you have gigantic flame wars over the Trinity or whatever, it's very hard for a modern reader to really grasp what it all really means. 
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies